Jude Law confirmed as Mar-Vell, described as Carol's mentor, in Captain Marvel

Jude Law confirmed as Mar-Vell, described as Carol's mentor, in Captain Marvel.

variety.com/2017/film/news/jude-law-captain-marvel-brie-larson-1202621673/

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/krolljvar/status/933421851547639808
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

YAAAAAS! Best Pope coming through!

Good, by the director early comments it sounded like Carol was going to be the first cpt marvel

Literally who

Well, this is some good news for the movie. Glad they're not just pretending that he didn't exist and will actually co-star.

Wonder if he'll die of cancer by the end of the movie.

This is a 18+ website

>Mar Vell in Cap Marvel Movie
>Probably will die and pass on "title" to Carol.
Finally a good Hal Jordan GL Movie.

They said they want to avoid GL parallels, didn't they?

dumbass

No, he'll just be a useless idiot.

This isnt entirely because of gurl power. It's also in large part because the MCU has zero respect for supporting casts, especially when it's a character the mainstream will not know. See: Korg and Valkyrie in Thor, and Yondu and the Ravagers in GOTG

Will he have the Nega bands?

Yondu was a lot of people's favorite character though

And he was also completely and utterly the opposite of comic Yondu. What is your point?

Those were the first dumb cunts that were so insecure about Carol coming off as a GL rip-off that they were suggesting they were going to completely change her origin. But realistically Mar-Vell/Carol is pretty different than Abin-Sur and Hal so I'm glad those bitches were dropped.

We're this far into the MCU and you're still bootyblasted about them changing characters. It's not meant to be exactly like the 616. It's intentionally different than 616. Get the fuck over it already.

Pointing out facts isnt "bootyblasted". The only opinion so far was the MCU's lack of respect for the charachters. And if you think Disney respects anything but money, you're not too bright.But you did manage to agree with me a 2nd time there champ.

I'm ok with this.

Was hoping for Ewan Mcgregor but I'll take it.

So 2 sets of Sherlock and Watson are in the MCU now

I can 'kinda' see it. He's definitely got the hair

It's okay to do so now that it's clear WB's never gonna make another GL movie.

You being salty that they're not 1:1 adaptations is what makes you bootyblasted. Being set in an alternate universe doesn't mean they disrespect the characters. There have been so many alternate versions of characters in the Marvel U that it's dumb to get mad about it in this one instance. Them changing characters have nothing to do with money so it's not really helping your argument. Where did I agree with you? Stop being so salty my dude lmao

Fuck you're right!

Neo Yokio

Hah

Guy Ritchie MCU film when?

Well it might be a way to rehabilitate his reputation after the fiery disaster that was King Arthur: Legend of the Sword.

>Last good film was in 2008
>Only made one decent movie after that
How isn't his reputation in tatters yet?

Kang Arthur was saved by Jude Law.

Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang and Snatch were that fucking good.

Guy Ritchie had nothing to do with Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

>before the movies no one gave a shit about Thor, Iron Man was a B lister at best, Antman was only known for beating his wife, and Guardians of the Galaxy were literally who
>now all beloved by the masses
Is Marvel going to be able to do the impossible and actually get people to care about Carol or will this finally be their down fall

Shit.

I meant Lock Stock and Two Smoking barrels. The one where they steal all the guns.

Heeeey, I'm surprisingly ok with this.

That was the one where they steal all the weed

>That was the one where they steal all the weed
Important rifles were mildly involved as well.

They also steal two really fucking expensive hunting rifles.

A lot of shit happens in Guy Ritchie movies.

If they make an entertaining Black Panther movie I'll be convinced.

And knives, big fuck off shiny knives that look like they could skin a crocodile
See the thing about knives is they're quiet, the quieter they are the more apt you are to use them
Guns for show, knives for a pro

Well, shit, no screen time for Marv and Iron Man, despite their proven on screen chemistry.

I wanna have hope for this movie
This is Carol's big chance, but I'm afraid that it will be just the standard MCU affair or just be boring or they will just fuck it up somehow
I want the movie to be good and accurate and show the people working on the comics how to make Carol be herself again
Jude Law as Mar-Vell sounds amazing but still

Its going to be bullshit trying to see that in theaters.

I hope they do something fun with his makeup and costuming instead of boring human looking pink Kree.

I suspect that they'll do away with the pink Kree, and just give him an image inducer that makes him "look" human, but then reveal that he's actually blue-skinned. Probably give him a look derivative of Ultimate Mar-Vell.

How so?

Man, I'll never understand how actual comic fans and readers don't understand differences between the multiverse. Were you also mad that Ultimate Colossus was gay?

Feige said he was in the movie before they even hired writers.

He thinks it's going to be full of black people shouting at the screen "Don't go in there Black Panther" like it's a horror movie or something

I hope they keep the pink Kree thing and the racism angle.

Downey/Law
Cucumberpod/Freeman

Carol has more in common with Hal Jordan than with Diana as much as Marvel denies it.

Guy Ritchie still has that Will Smith Aladdin live action disney remake.

So will Carol and Mar-Vell have a father/daughter relationship than a romantic one. And make Carol's father a sexist abusive macho jackass so that Carol can look up to the true father figure she never really had?

What?

>He's definitely got the hair

Or DOESN'T

To be fair the ones who steal the weed are different than the ones who steal the shotguns.

>So will Carol and Mar-Vell have a father/daughter relationship than a romantic one.

Probably, especially with the big age gap between actors (bet Marvel want to avoid that whole conversation for their first female lead).

But, it also makes the most sense. They never really had a romantic connection in the comic anyway beyond Carol's UNrequited love for him, right?

>And make Carol's father a sexist abusive macho jackass so that Carol can look up to the true father figure she never really had?

I mean...Carol's father being a neglectful prick was always in her origin wasn't it? I don't THINK it's new.

twitter.com/krolljvar/status/933421851547639808

Can Jude Law do different accents? I never really thought of Mar-Vell as having the refined British voice Law is known for...

I feel like I've seen him try at least. But Roman was British so it wouldn't surprise me if they make all the Kree British.

Damn, you guys said it was yuri.

>we almost got Keanu as Mar-Vell
What a world.

They are just friends. Until Secret Avengers.
I wondered if they were going to do what EMH did and make him have the crush but the age gap makes that creepy now.

They wouldn't dare bringing him back for synergy, would they?

Bring him back. Make him Captain Marvel again, make Carol Ms. Marvel again, and lastly, kill Ms. Paki.

Your shit taste became more apparent with every comma.

>Bring him back. Make him Captain Marvel again, make Carol Warbird again...
Fixed

Man, racists just don't even bother to judge characters by anything other than their race. Must be easy to do though living in whatever rural shithole you come from.

But I live in central LA, SoCal.

You might want to go back to tumblr.

Oh so you're just racist without any excuse of ignorance. Go back to Sup Forums.

Ms. Paki's identity and purpose is solely just for diversity agenda. It's better if she just fucks off.

guy ritchie thunderbolts
yes yes yes

he will end up being more popular than carol. screenshot this.

>>Mar-Vell in the 90's
>>Chance of Phyla Vell to be born and age up in the present

DO IT GUNN

so long as it's mar-vell's real kids and not hulkling

who could keanu be?
kang?
....adam warlock?

These guys when

they already have a creepy age gap with wanda/vision, why would they stop here?

Lucy as Abigail Brand please.

If Marvel Comics has taught us anything it's that they have absolutely no idea what to do with Carol at this point. I want to believe Marvel Studios will find a place for her and give her a distinct personality.

The problem with Carol in the comics is that she's never had a consistent characterization. As much as I love Reed's Ms. Marvel and DeConnick's Captain Marvel, they almost play like two different characters, and the current run is completely different as well.

It's the last movie before Avengers 4, the culmination of EVERYTHING and presumably the closing act for this era of the MCU. I'm worried her movie will be a dud and kill the hype for normals.

Daimon Hellstrom and Jessica Drew (implants pending)

Lucy LIu is too old to be Carol's love interest though.

As long as A3 is halfway decent people will flock to A4.

Not British enough

Good?
Marvel doesn't have enough good Asian characters that I can think of one off hand that wouldn't be a race bend.

Also, on second thought, maybe getting the Chinese woman to play the Spider-Lady might be construed as a touch racist, even if I just grabbed the first black haired woman I could think of her to play.

VIKANDER

Felicity Jones could probably do Jessica Drew. Maybe get her some platform shoes.

Too flat and boyish.

>too flat

>disney changing characters has nothing to do with money

Yes, please.

i have loved jude law since the young pope

CAPTAIN MASCOT

Felicity Jones should be Spitfire.

Now get back to casting Lucy Liu as a Marvel character so we can maximize our Sherlocks.
Now

>Now get back to casting Lucy Liu as a Marvel character so we can maximize our Sherlocks.

Probably too X-native for MCU.

But he looks nothing like Mar-Vell.