Why Doomsday Clock Was Always Destined For Success

LOL

>Don’t look at us like that, Alan Moore! Stop staring at us with those sad, soulful eyes! This isn’t our fault! We just can’t help ourselves!

bleedingcool.com/2017/11/22/doomsday-clock-destined-success/

>moral implications
What?

Is immoral to use characters you own.

Making more money on work derivative from Moore's work after screwing him out of the rights.

go to bed Alan

Not making ozy a negro.

Stop posting whores.

Eh the unforeseen advent of digital publishing made sure if would never go out of print. What DC did was give them a contract saying they would receive a share of all merchandise related to Watchmen, and then almost immediately begin selling pins, watches, etc and call it " promotional material" so they didn't have to give Alan and Dave a dime.

At the same time flaunting that DC was a beacon of creator's rights because at the same time Marvel was still refusing to give Kirby back original art.

Even then Moore gave them a second chance after DC bought Wildstorm and he stayed with ABC Comics. Their sole promise was that they wouldn't editorially interfere with his work, and after doing it twice he was gone for good.

Writing a clearly cash grabing event . One of the reasons people hate Marvel.

Alan Moore doesn't own Watchmen, has never owned Watchmen, and will never own Watchmen.

All of the characters were ripoffs of existing properties. If anyone is a thief, it's him.

>One of the reasons people hate Marvel.

According to the article it's only a reason people " say" they hate Marvel as their shit still sells no matter what.

Basically it's an article about how fanboys are the ultimate cancer because they will support a publisher no matter what due to a single sided loyalty.

>their shit still sells no matter what.
HA HA oh my no

>Tipping off something is the same as using a bunch of characters as a template for writing your own story.
Why are Johnsfags such brainlets?

Dumbass, Sarah is based

DC and Marvel have had record sales this year.

If his characters are ripoffs then why do you want DC to use them so bad?

Marvel is floundering and overshipping like mad

Nah she's a cunt.

I never said they should be used again. It's far better to use the Question instead of a masked Fascist.

Stop being retarded?

*Ripping

Every time I see Doomsday Clock, my brain shifts it to 'Doomsday Cock'. I may have a problem.

Johns knows Question won't sell and he doesn't have any talent to make it sell. So he brought out their cash cows for the next big event, since casuals would be falling for Rorschach vs Batman.

Reminder that besides Moore, DC didn't even bother to tell Dave Gibbons about Doomsday Clock.

They think so little of him, even though he was supportive during the movie and Before Watchmen, that they didn't bother to reach out for something as simple as his approval. Probably because it was clear after Before Watchmen that Moore was never going to fix that burned bridge and they only saw Gibbons as the go-between to talk to Moore.

>using another author's work is wrong
>except when I do it

>Signs contract
>contract goes as it was expected
>"I was robbed!"
If he didn't like the contract, why did he agree to it?

Gibbons gets royalties for Watchmen doesn't he? Even more since Moore said he would give his own royalties to Gibbons since he doesn't want anything to do with Watchmen.

At this point he's just getting money everytime they do stuff with the characters and they aren't obligated to ask him for anything.

because it didn't go as it was expected. The modern trade market and culture of reprinting popular old stories didn't exist at the time.

Stop cucking to the worthless sex.

stop actually being retarded?

And how is that a robbery?

funny bleeding cool doesn't start an article like this every time marvel fucks someone out of royalties

You know why...

It's not, but Moore got mad because he was promised both the rights to the characters and a cut of merchandising royalties, and got neither because of Jewish tricks

archive or GTFO

i mean they can't really run this when every marvel comic gets published

His defense for that was that those characters have been around for ages and have been used by many other authors already. Also, he himself said that he didnt care what DC or anyone does with watchmen once he's dead but while hes alive he should have the final say on what happens to his characters.

He's not wrong.

League doesn't function as a prequel or a continuation of those stories though. He took characters from the public domain and created a new world for them.

Doomsday Clock takes a comic with a famous open ending and decides that it needs to say " here's what happened next."

Stfu retard women are garbage.

>urironically linking to BC clickbait

Stop posting this.

Can't we keep Doomsday Clock shitposting to the actual comic threads and not have a Mooreoutrage.txt template shit thread we have up all the time?

Wasn't bleedingcool a marvelshill site? Why is it shilling for DC now?

Did you even read the article? This one's taking shots at Doomsday Clock.

The rats keep leaving the ship.

>Did you even read the article?

To be fair, can you blame them?

They're still doing fine in the dollar share, and the dollar share doesn't include overshipping.
They're doing fine, they just aren't doing as well as they SHOULD be. Comics - unlike every other print market - is actually growing as a market. Every publisher should be going strong. Marvel is mostly just treading water or just keeping up. With the movies on their side they should be outpacing the competition.

>They're doing fine
Brevoort pls

Great meme, my friend.

I'm always down for Gary Frank.
Doesn't matter what he's drawing.

this And he took what we know and twisted it in a what if these characters shared a world. What if books were real.
While watchmen is just "hey look, you liked Alan Moores Watchmen? Here have some more of these characters" and to some extend its just used as a gimmick than to tell a story.

>ABC Comics
Does the IP stay with Wildstorm or does he own it?
And what was it? Promothea?

Public Domain. The mainstay of literature.

>royalties

That doesn't change the fact that they deceived and cheated him, and Dave, out of ownership of Watchmen, and proceeded to make derivative works that he didn't approve of.

You have to be 18 to post here.

*tips trilby*

>after screwing him out of the rights.
Alan Moore willing signed over his rights to DC. No one screwed anyone over.

>take character archetypes as inspiration and create entirely new characters who barely resemble the originals
>still call them a ripoff
I bet you haven't even read Watchmen or the Charlton comics.

He signed over his rights with the promise DC would return them. They didn't because they found a loophole and took full advantage of it.

Hahaha no. The contract was signed with every expectation that WATCHMEN would go out of print (like everything else), and revert to Alan and Dave.

Somehow, it never goes out of print.

>Question instead of a masked Fascist

Ooo, clever.