Hands down the best Pixar movie since Toy Story 3

Hands down the best Pixar movie since Toy Story 3.

nahh

Hey, I just saw the commercial with that quote too!

Literally saw the twist coming the moment I saw the trailers.

You can even tell what the twist will be on the poster

That kid looks dumb and that dog is dumb

I think his name is pretty clever. He's called Dante, get it? Like the author of the Divine Comedy, which details a journey to the underworld.

Was it better than moana?

Yeah, I'd think so.

FEATURING DANTE

Had to make a 2nd thread huh.

there are only two mexicans dogs, Xoloitzcuintlezs and chihuahuas, so yeah... no sure what you we're expecting.

and anglos don't get the idea of a white mexican.

Remove Frozen and see what happen , scary or what Disney

Can some user spoil the movie for me?

but toy story 3 is the worst one

Princess and the frog was the greatest Disney movie ever because it has a black cast and Obama's president and I wouldn't want him to sick the IRS on me.

That's really not saying very much.

I don't know why but the character designs piss me off.

It has the villain twist from Up, Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 3 and the final conflict with the villain from Monsters Inc.

So lemme guess the plot based on the three trailers I’ve seen:
Miguel is a young boy who idolizes a famous deceased guitarist. The rest of his family, especially his grandmother, has a bad opinion of musicians. Miguel likes the company of his great grandmother who is more chill and less cranky than his gramma, but who’s super old. Nobody talks about who Miguel’s great grandfather is because the family disowned him, there’s only one photograph of mystery great gandad but the face is ripped off. Through magic, Miguel goes to the land of the dead and learns his dead great grandfather ISN’T the famous musician, but some other skinny skeleton guy that Miguel meets early on and spends a quarter of the movie not getting along with until they bond and become best friends. There’s a misunderstanding between skinny skeleton and Miguel that puts a wedge in their friendship, but when famous musician reveals that he’s secretly evil and betrays Miguel, Skinny and the rest of Miguel’s dead family come and save the day. Miguel finds the missing piece of the photograph and goes home and brings honor back to his dead great grandads memory. Also the great grandmother probably dies at some point and is reunited with the love of her life and it’s really touching and bittersweet.

You got most of it right,

What did I get wrong?

>ANOTHER mexican movie about the dead
Come on, there has to be something else they can use, right?

What else is there besides Book of Life? I don’t think two is too many.

That having been said, they still both immediately appear way too similar to one another and it feels a little weird there isn’t a bigger time gap between their releases.

The greatgrandma is actually the daughter of the skinny skeleton, and the order of events is wrong. first miguel tries to find the musician and the skinny skelly tells him that he knows how, they they become more or less friends, but they have a clash of ideas, then miguel goes to find the musician and at the ends he discovers he is a dick. then the rest goes more or less as you describe it.

The way to beat the villain was the same one used in Zootopia and monsters inc.
Also dropping him off the building was tensionless when the family had two flying familiars one being a giant panther thing

Yeah I probably should’ve mentioned that I wasn’t guessing with chronology in mind.

The fact he’s searching for the mystery of his great great grandfather and not his great grandfather is something I hadn’t considered, but yeah that makes sense.

I haven't seen it yet but knowing how every time Pixar pulls at Disney hipsters heart strings they automatically call it "BEST MOVIE SINCE TOY STORY 3!!!" I'm going to guess this movie has a death in it. By the looks at the poster I'm going to guess that Disney went for a tear jerking granny kill this time around. Am I right?

> I don't think two is too many

Pixar themselves used this reasoning for why Rio shunted out their newt movie, it seems hypocritical now for them to make an animated movie with similar plot structure and subject matter to one made a few years prior.

>best Pixar movie since Toy Story 3.

>Ay carumba.

>first Disney Latino movie
>iAY AY AY, MUY LOCO, MARIACHY Y DIOS DE LOS MUERTOS, AY CARAMBA!

very subtle,Disney. I like it

Do mexicans have anything else besides skeleton land?

Despite the reviews I was a little skeptical of whether I'd enjoy it or not but I ended up really loving it and listening to some of the songs from it when I got home.

Is that really that hard?