Justice League is a flop

beta.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-china-box-office-justice-league-20171024-story.html

Killing in China, record breaking in South America, and beating Coco in North America! Spoke too soon Marvelites.

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/robcain/2017/11/18/justice-league-humbled-by-thor-ragnarok-in-china-debut/#416154b025bb
variety.com/2017/film/news/box-office-coco-justice-league-thanksgiving-1202621786/
youtube.com/watch?v=VRtvoYMYvGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Pq02p3z3X2k
businessinsider.com/how-much-warner-bros-could-lose-on-justice-league-50-to-100-million-2017-11
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_reasoning
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Released a week ago
>Still hasn't made back it's budget internationally
Concern.

It needs at very least 600 to cover the costs on paper, I'm not even counting the huge waste of time it would be.

Also is was supposed to make at very least close to avengers their far less popular rival and if you honestly believe that it was not supposed to make at the very least one billion whent he last 2 avengers movies made 1,5 billions then you're retarded.

it's not making big money, and for a property like the Justice League, that's embarassing

this is worse than Amazing Spider-Man 2, but maybe a bit better off than Fantastic Four

By killing it in China, you mean struggling against fucking Thor.

forbes.com/sites/robcain/2017/11/18/justice-league-humbled-by-thor-ragnarok-in-china-debut/#416154b025bb

And you know the USA box office. Having a worse weekend then fucking Iron Man 1. A movie from nearly a decade ago, before the big fuckoff of the Superhero movie craze. By Iron Man a solid B lister, who can beat the A list Justice League.

fucking Snyder

Snyder-drones btfo

>There are REAL PEOPLE in this world RIGHT NOW whose only occupation, after years and years of high school and college education, is to shill and lie on the internet for terrible DCU movies

variety.com/2017/film/news/box-office-coco-justice-league-thanksgiving-1202621786/

>each one of those posts add another .2 cents to the JL budget they have to make back

>Shitposting and shilling on Sup Forums as a job would be a bad thing
I'd be a fucking millionaire if (You)s generated income.

At this point if you are a real DC fan you MUST join MCU army, if you defend this shit you support Hack snyder, the director of sucker punch, the guy who called superman "a broken shitty character", the guy who instead of adapting the comics to the movie like MCU made his own version of the characters without any basis on the comics by pure ego and turn more famous to direct 2 superman and 2 more justice league movies,

Anyone defending snyder at this point is the real enemy of DC, not MCUfags.

International sales =/= Net profit.

I wouldn't trust any numbers from China, it's well known that they don't report them accurately and rip off studios for millions that way

>I'd be a fucking millionaire if (You)s generated income.
They generate, Russia,China,USA,Israel,Iran and Turkey all openly hired thousands of shills, maybe you're just a poor shitposter

Or just not from any of those countries.

There is no reason for them to make justice league look worse than Thor.

This is getting sad now OP

Are you just intentionally trying to live in a bubble where things don't look as bad as they are?

The incompetence of Warner Bros is astounding.

Remember how you guys said Homecoming was a flop

>Are you just intentionally trying to live in a bubble where things don't look as bad as they are?
Don't well all? Because everytime I look at the news I remember the world is at the blink of a worldwide economic crises, a dozen of possible nuclear conflcits and a drastic change in the enviroment and a ever rising cultural/religious conflict mostly caused by Islamism

It's spelled "Fant4stic" you pleb!

That was obviously shitposters just blatantly ignoring the facts that the box office was fine.

whodathunkit

>and beating Coco in North America!
But Coco is going to open #1 this weekend

Except that homocming just like Gotg2 underperformed, both movies were expected to make near 1 billion.

Justice League not underperforming is impossible(it was expected to make over 1 billion) the question is if will FLOP, literally flop, lose more money than make.

Weekend hasn’t even started how do they k ow how much money is going to make?

There’s this nice analysis on Forbes saying how is going to lose about $50 millions considering even tv rights, dvd sales and stuff.

>both movies were expected to make near 1 billion.
Do you have a single piece of evidence to back this up?

I consider 75% of comic movies a flop.

3 spiderman movies in a row made over one billion if you adjest for inflation, most sold merchandise than any other hero, also the deal Disney and SOny made was pretty costly for both.

It was expected to make 1 billion just like Batman vs Superman and Justice League were.

I fell for the meme until I saw it and realized it was a great movie.

At least
I suspect it's really going to lose closer to $100-$150m

> Movies losing money
But it's all a money laundering write off. Movies never lose money.

memes aside it was pretty bad

Literally how? It had good dramatic timing, good CG, good lines and and good suit gymnastics. As a cinematic experience Homecoming is miles above the hot garbage that was Wonder Woman.

Tell that to Fant4stic

There is zero way that the third reboot of a franchise coming off of ASM2 was supposed to make a billion. BvS and JL were big meetups of A-listers that had never been done before

>Iron Man a solid B lister
Kek. Before the MCU Iron man was lucky to be called a D lister.

So you don't have evidence.

Every single thing you said is wrong and can easily be disproved looking at this 2 minutes movie
youtube.com/watch?v=VRtvoYMYvGQ
SUper shitty cgi,shitty acting, shitty humor,shit acting

Looka lees realistic than the playstation game, literally worse.
youtube.com/watch?v=Pq02p3z3X2k

In the same way that you can't "prove" that justice league underperformed even if it makes 400 millions

You can ignore the obvious all you want.

Nah. He had his own 90s cartoon to help him get some brand recognition, he had his own ongoing, he was part of the Avengers and played a major role in several big events. He wasn't as popular as he is now, but he definitely wasn't D-list.

I didn't say it was a flop, I said it was bad.

They track pre-orders, early thursday/previews numbers and all to compare them to other similar titles and take a sort of educated guess out of it. It's how we knew JL wasn't going to reach a $100million opening before the weekend even ended

> Watching clickbait
Thanks but no. Every movie has its flaws but Homecoming nailed the experience for its target audience (which may not be you but that's just like your opinion man). Something shitty like WW is filled with blurry desaturated CG, inconsistent/stupid characters that only function as the plot demands, lessons that don't actually make sense and broken plot hooks all over the place.

user, JL has a declared budget of 300million dollars. No, just 100 more than that isn't going to make the cut

Spiderman 2 didn't actually. But anyway that's not how it works with the inflation part, the market is different. HC still made more than TASM 1 and 2 with an even smaller budget, so mission accomplished

>In the same way that you can't "prove" that justice league underperformed even if it makes 400 millions
>400 million
>For a 300 million budget movie
>can't prove that it underperformed
You...do you just not even remotely know how the box office works?

Yes. If it outgrosses the budget it profits. Marvel idiot.

Wonder Woman is simply better overall, the story and characters are more consistent and make more sense, Peter drama over losing a tight is simply ridiculous, also the entire thing didn't go anywhere, peter returned to where he begins without any progress or change.

It was closer to a filler episode of a TV series than the first movie of a trilogy.

It had a stronger opening than Fantastic Beasts (WBs november release last year) but not that much. Its certainly not what they were hoping, but it's actually doing ok.

You guys forget that tit also cost another 300 million to market. So it will need 600 million just to break even.

Fantastic 4 didn't cost over half a billion.

Neither did Justice League.

300 million to produce + 300 million to market is over half a billion user.

>+ 300 million to market
Source?

>Broke records in Brazil
Whoa
>Beating Coco in North America
It literally isn't

businessinsider.com/how-much-warner-bros-could-lose-on-justice-league-50-to-100-million-2017-11
>The total cost of the movie was around $600 million — counting production, marketing, and other fees and residual deals.
Are you so dumb that you don't think companies don't spend half their budget on marketing?

So no evidence?

Okay judging by your name I'm just gonna assume this is all falseflagging

Probably considering they wasted 300 million dollars on absolute shit looking effects.

Plus at the very least 100 millions to don't make it a complete waste of time.

Anything less thaan 700 is a huge loss, I think it should be around 900 to be worthy using the time that could have been used to make a profitable movie

>They haven't even made half of the total budget back yet

>Doing Ok
>Justice League

And that's the main problem, my friend. The fact that at the end of the day they have to go up to the studio executives and say "We did alright" about one of the most iconic superhero teams in the U.S is flat out pathetic.

This whole franchise was planned out horribly, and several are too afraid to admit it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_reasoning

I just gave you evidence you fucking retard.

Considering the costs this movie is piling up, is Warner Bros. even going to consider continue filming anymore films?

I mean, shit, they're still replacing directors and writers left and right with The Flash, aren't they?

Irregardless of byzantine budget calculations, if Justice League doesn't break into the top 5 superhero films (adjusted) it will be considered a tremendous failure.

Avengers, Age of Ultron, Civil War, Iron Man 3, TDK, TDKR.... these films set the standard for "All In" efforts like this one.

It's insane to be measuring this against Dr. Strange and Thor and Wonder Woman. This thing is tied for #2 on the list of Largest Budgets of All Time.

This movie had to at least make Pirates franchise money.

It's not a company war thing. China has been ripping the studios off. And given how many movies are underperforming there lately it's likely been worse.

That's not evidence

Outside snyderverse WB is doing pretty well, both wonder woman and IT had colossal profits.

If studios were getting nickel-and-dimed to death by China, they simply wouldn't be marketing films there, let alone adding/modifying movies to appeal to their audience.

Particularly Disney, who has a hell of an infrastructure within China, including a major theme park.

Don't act like you do.

>52 million
Hypercrisis?

Would you rather lose 200 million dollars because you suspect you could be making 300 or 400?
Hollywood has no option but to shriek impotently because they know the chink goverment is complicit and Trump won't help them out

You can hem and haw about marketing and foreign receipts all you want.

This is objectively NOT how you want one of the most expensive movies in history to open.

Here's Civil War, because using Avengers wouldn't be fair at all. And they are closer in cost to produce.

This is what I would call bias, the idea that DC movies has a higher standard to meet where the MCU has a very low bar of quality.

Can you actually explain these charts or are you just memeing?

What?
What does your subjective appraisal of quality have to do with objective box office performance?

They are all-time rankings for theatrical releases.
Sorry I thought that was amazingly apparent.

Nobody in Sup Forums does, the fact they have these threads only exemplify that.

Not to the Layman so a better explanation would be lovely.

Because it's objectively misleading.

The fuckers who made it should really have been fined that much...

>This is literally going down as the biggest movie failure of all time
>It's lost 300 million dollars
>300 HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS

>This is literally going down as the biggest movie failure of all time
I don't think you know much about movies.

>hiring snyder
>hiring snyder 2 times
>hiring snyder 3 times
>hiring snyder for 2 future movies
>giving snyder part of the production control

They deserved worse, WB deserved to crash, hiring snyder one time is already beyound stupid.

It's called Nepotism user. Synder is married to an exec.

I do. The biggest current flop in all of Cinema lost 100 million. This is expected to lose just as much if not more.

Didn't John Carter lose like $400 million?

Justice league is the foundation and the whole point of the DCEU universe, it ws expected to make near 1,5 billions just like the 2 avengers movies plus create hype to make DCEU big as MCU and make 2,5 billions every year just like them.

They lost the chance to almost double the money the produce per year with movies,

That the biggest disaster in WB history, they're paying 300 millions when they expected a profit of near 900 millions right now they will have 1,2 billions less than they planned.

Also JL 2 and 3 are gone forever, that's more 3 billions that will never came and now investors faith in DCEU is broken.

Hack snyder did more damage to WB in a couple of years than Disney could ever hope to do in a couple of Decades

Do you think WB will sell DC? I wouldn't mind another company owning them.

Nuh-uh, I've seen all the Marvel AND X-Men flicks.

80 according to wikipedia.
Ok user, care to explain how losing 100 million isn't a bad thing?

> it had a stronger opening than a harry potter spinoff nobody expected to be good and didn't feature any old characters

wow imagine my shock!!!

Soon they will compare it to captain underpants

>years and years of high school and college education
>DCuck neets

This is wrong and you know it.

Manual reminder that the people in charge of these movies think that Batman should be raped in prison, that superheroes talking to each other in costume is embarrassing, and that only virgins like Martian Manhunter.

He also called Superman a broken character, that's how much Snyder love DC