What is Sup Forums's thoughts on The Little Mermaid cartoon...

What is Sup Forums's thoughts on The Little Mermaid cartoon? I used to watch it Weekday Mornings on Disney and it was always on right before Winnie the Pooh

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sy4IhE-KAEg
youtube.com/watch?v=HeKKEiL8Tvg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fapbait

>Winnie the Pooh
Can we talk about this instead. Never seen a more comfy show. And the Background is toptier ART
youtube.com/watch?v=sy4IhE-KAEg

I honestly dont remember enough of it. Was there also a young fish-boy or something?

What a fag

Haven't watched but I should due to waifu.

What the mermaid equivalent of a soyboy?

Been forever, but was jealous that I couldnt watch it cause of my childhood crush of Ariel.

Serious question: why is Ariel so hot,
compared to other mermaids in the media?

Redhead, always sporting only a bikini, sequence with implied nudity, artists worked very hard to make her really expressive making her looks more endearing

That one episode with growing Sebastian was a huge waste of a fetish ep

Serious answer.
Your assumption is not entirely correct.

The hip fins are also genius. Not only does it emphasis the waist to hips proportions but also give a sense of lingerie in my opinion.

Glen Keane

I remember evil, song-hating, manta villain.

The theme song was nice

>song-hating

He sang his own song though.

Plus..she is adorable.

The whole series was a prequel to the movie. Jodi Benson also reprised her role for the show.

Songs were kino

youtube.com/watch?v=HeKKEiL8Tvg

Her large hairstyle rather go well with her figure as well.

His episodes along with the one where they find some Frankenstein-like dude that makes monster were the only ones I *really* liked, the rest was acceptable, but kinda eh.
Also it's really weird how you've got them meeting Ursula constantly in the series, but then it's like they see her for the first time in the movie.

I liked Sebastian he was funny

You bring up a valid point.

I love it! Wish Disney would release it on dvd, but much like the Aladdin series they wont. Don't know if they think it will devalue the films or if they are just being greedy.

Andrea Romano did voice-directing on it before BTAS, which is why the comic timing and delivery was always note-perfect. I also wish there was more appreciation of the show from animation nerds, but it seems to have a stigma for being a preschool show.

Voiced by Tim Curry, no less.

This show had good animation or something? Just asking cause I always thought Ariel looked off compared to her movie looks.

Needs a transparent edit.

I think he was talking about The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

If you have the Disney Now app or Disney Junior app, you can watch entire series. I just did this recently.

One of the episodes, Montsro the whale appears.

>If you have the Disney Now app or Disney Junior app, you can watch entire series.
Funny I tried watching it a few weeks ago, and could only watch 3 episodes for free on the Disney Junior site. All other episodes were locked and could only be unlocked if you entered your cable account number. Seems like you can watch more now. Not sure if it's a glitch or if they are cutting us a break.

What's the quality like? Post a pic.

I uploaded to mega The Little Mermaid 1-3 [1080p] and the tv series [quality same as screenshot pics above]. I zipped them into individual 2GB files, total 15.22GBs.

Does anyone want the link?

>quality same as screenshot pics above]
What screenshot above? The only screenshot above is my crapy screenshot, and you aren't me.

I meant these.

>What's the quality like?
The quality on the Disney Junior site is kinda muh. It's not true HD. The tv show airs in HD on Netflix in countries outside of he US.

Disney recently took the original fullscreen tv show, and they cropped the bottom, and top of the screen in order to make it seem "Widescreen". In some shots there does seem to be some new information on the sides, but even in those shots they still crop the top, and bottom of the screen in order to make it widescreen. They remaster the colors, and the picture quality looks pretty good compared to what they used to air on Disney channel back in the day

>Post a pic.
Someone posted this comparison image on some little mermaid fan site.

Heres a better example of how they changed the colors.

Here's a better example of how much they cut from the top, and in this case the bottom of the screen in order to make it widescreen HD. As you can see in the Widescreen version the picture cuts off at Ariel's bra, while in the fullscreen version you can actually see her lower back.

Neat, thanks. Are there torrents on the HD version out anywhere? Cropping is a pretty standard but shitty practice of HDing old shows.

There used to be a Youtube channel up with just the songs in full 1080p HD, but the channel seems to be gone now. That's how I found out the show had gotten remastered in HD for streaming services like Netflix. The person said in the youtube video comments that he tried to upload an episode, but got a youtube strike by Youtubes content ID system. He said the episodes were streaming in HD outside of the US on Netflix. I'm sure there has to be download for it somewhere, but I'm not brave or knowledgeable enough to download stuff like that. I'd probably end up with a virus before getting the content I was actually after. It kills me that Disney wont release the 30 episodes on blu ray. I guess I should be grateful for at least getting to see the music clips in HD on Youtube.

Seconding this.

In his episode? When Ariel sings In Harmony, there's this segment with Manta saying "You don't belong together!" and they show this hilarious fish with a dopey expression swinging his head side to side.

That little clip would make an excellent Webm whenever you reply to any given post here with "Didn't read."

She looks bored.

Seconding this.

Looks like film to me (grain and film dust, they would of been no grain and film dust if it was a upscale).

Also please protest whenever someone crops 4:3 content into 16:9, thats how we got seasons 1 to SD20 of The Simpsons in 4:3 on Simpsons World.

I'm curious sure.

No wonder. The director was 18 when the little mermaid came out. I'm sure it influenced her.

maybe it'll be on whatever they call their new streaming service

Winnie the Pooh is great, I loved that cartoon as a kid. I really liked the movie where they went to Skull to save Christopher Robin.