podbay.fm/show/1261418557

[EPISODES & OTHER MEDIA]
>Episode downloads
1080p: mega.nz/#F!JotHkR6Y!giZlsdwr_k5ULQAIJKWrsw
1080p alt and comics: sug.rocks/dl.html
Comics, soundtracks, older episodes: mega.nz/#F!Y5E0BKjK!UsE19rOYDa5Ttl5QRFwgtw
Soundtracks: mega.nz/#F!Bxcn3LbC!JZSLtIcE_E510tzc3czCdg
Streaming: ctoon.party/sun/
>Official airing schedule in EST (click to the right of the logo)
cartoonnetwork.com/shows/steven-universe/pictures/index.html

[LEAKS] (use spoiler tags)
>2 minute previews and screenshots from CN server
kametsu.com/topic/57130-cartoon-network-unofficial-previews/
>Leakbot and other cool /sug/ stuff
sug.rocks/leaks.html

[OFFICIAL SITES]
stevencrewniverse.tumblr.com/
soundcloud.com/aivisura
keepbeachcityweird.tumblr.com

[MISC]
>/sug/ writebin
pastebin.com/f86yQm0T
>Archived threads
desuarchive.org/co/search/text//sug//type/op/
desuarchive.org/trash/search/text//sug//type/op/
>/sug/ image archive
su.booru.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

sagagardencentre.co.uk/hybrid-tea-rose-sabina-2arret
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

From this week's podcast:

> Mystery Girl was not created to come back at some point, but just to demonstrate the idea that Pearl has, to some extent, moved on with her life. (They don't specifically rule out the possibility of a return, but they do say she wasn't created with any kind of return or long-term relationship in mind.)
> Mike Kroll was a friend of Rebecca's from school, so when they came up with the concept of an episode where the characters go to a show, it was her idea to bring him in as the performer.
> The pillar of water from Mirror Gem/Ocean Gem was a relatively early key image they created for the show, just as a general example of something that felt "right" for the show's mood and tone.

Episode was on Last One Out of Beach City in case that wasn't obvious. Next week's podcast is on Steven's Dream.

Are we alive?

Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high
There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby
Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true

Someday I'll wish upon a star and wake up where the clouds are far
Behind me
Where troubles melt like lemon drops away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me

Somewhere over the rainbow, bluebirds fly
Birds fly over the rainbow
Why then, oh why can't I?

If happy little bluebirds fly
Beyond the rainbow
Why, oh why can't I?

>> Mystery Girl was not created to come back at some point, but just to demonstrate the idea that Pearl has, to some extent, moved on with her life. (They don't specifically rule out the possibility of a return, but they do say she wasn't created with any kind of return or long-term relationship in mind.)

On one hand it's great they're not going to use this bitch again. On the other hand it basically kills any chance for this character to be developed and made actually useful to the plot. I mean I would have forgiven the shit entirely if it turned out she was another human/gem hybrid and basically jumpstarted more Steven development/answered some damn lore.

The lion don't sleep tonight, and if you pull his tail, he roars.
Ya say that ain't nice? Ya say that ain't fair?
I say, up yours!

daily reminder that topadot

>Mystery Girl was not created to come back at some point

shit, my fan fiction will forever be just that.

Causal reminder that SU is for macrophiliacs.

>taking everything said at face value and not assuming it's some sort of misdirect to keep us all guessing.

Come on, do you really think they'd come right out and say that a seemingly minor character was coming back if said character was involved in a major plot spoiler? I remain skeptical about any character not returning until the series ends.

She's a drifter of course she wasn't gonna stick around.
Also why would you want her to be a gem hybrid? That's a stupid idea and I can't see any benefit to Steven not being the only one. It wouldn't have answered any lore stuff except another rock fucked a human, your desires cloud your judgement user.

So you're a dumbass?

Oh hey, I know exactly what book this is from.

i like mystery girl
i just dont like the fact that pearl likes her because she clearly likes her just because she looks like rose

do this every thread.
also escapism is way better for this sort of thing

Mike Kroll is the lynch-pin, literally, between our world and Alternate Earth!

Wrong: It's for hebephiles!
>Case in point.

Really? Strait to the name-calling? It's fine if you don't want to have a serious talk about this, but that Sabina namedrop is too big to ignore, they'll be using it sometime soon. And even if they had never planned on bringing Mystery Girl "S" back originally, that doesn't mean that things can't change, minds can be changed you know.

Just in case, I do not ship Mystery Girl "S" and Pearl, I just tend to think about the details a lot.

I don't feel that Pearl likes her purely because she looks like Rose although its definitely part of it. I feel like the whole rebel aesthetic opened her eyes to humans being similar to her even though they're so far apart, not just to her specifically but to everyone.
Like oh maybe the feelings I felt with Rose can be felt again with another person, I don't need her I can make a fresh start for myself, although I don't want that right now.

>That's a stupid idea and I can't see any benefit to Steven not being the only one.
>It wouldn't have answered any lore stuff except another rock fucked a human, your desires cloud your judgement user.

It'd make him less of a special snowflake if he wasn't the only one, giving him someone to learn from and we'd get a better understanding of what hybrids are capable of. And it would explain how Rose Quartz somehow knew how to make a hybrid/how she wouldn't exist/everything a hybrid entails in the first place because someone else did it first. Another gem related character that wasn't raised by the CG's might be more willing to talk about the gem war and other related lore.

Honestly there is a lot of potential here.

Indeed. Unfortunately, Crewniverse "Word of God" nixed that idea from the get-go; potential world-building and storytelling is shortchanged short of a follow-up series.

No I don't care about the topic I was just making fun of you for thinking she'd be involved in any major plot events. She's a minor character meant only for fun cooldown episodes and nothing more.
Besides the Sabina namedrop can completely be ignored, you think Kevin having a bad breakup means it has to be with someone we've been shown? It could easily be a girl at highschool, I think you're just looking for connections that aren't there because you aren't satisfied with the direction the show went and are looking to steer it in a direction you think is desirable without thinking about how shit that idea actually is.

>Dennisposter
>being wrong with a shit opinion
Why am I surprised, bitch?

>mystery girl return was on the bingo
does that mean the bingo is wack

>image.jpg

Being a 2/3rd human fusion Stevonnie could have confidently taken Topaz and Aquamarine I think steven just forgot he is some what immune to advanced gem based weaponry

Sabina is literally a type of Rose. if it was just a name, it could be ignored entirely, but with that rose connection, there's something to it. The name might not be connected with anyone shown so far, but there is a bit of evidence in the show itself that supports it being MG, and you've ignored it. You're assuming I'm unhappy with the way the show is, you're wrong, I like it just fine as it is. I'm not trying to steer the show in any direction, and to even assume I was trying to steer it is absurd, since I'm not a writer for the show and thus have no control over it. The idea that Sabina might be important down the line may be inane to you, but to me, it's just one potential possibility of many. By all accounts, it could just be a one of name drop. The idea only seems like shit to you because you're either not looking at things close enough, or you're just wanting to be dismissive of the idea because it doesn't play into what you want to happen. Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing how things develop, and I won't be upset at all if I'm wrong, I've been wrong before, I've been right before. I'm only human, so are you.

It's a force field dude, it works on anything.

>Mystery Girl was not created to come back at some point, but just to demonstrate the idea that Pearl has, to some extent, moved on with her life. (They don't specifically rule out the possibility of a return, but they do say she wasn't created with any kind of return or long-term relationship in mind.)
That's weird cause they said no one off characters. At most we can expect her just to show up one more time and that's it.
OR that's why they created the sabina plot with kevin?
Eitherway it seems clear now the crew has no intention to actually push any other gay ship other than garnet as canon. No wonder star vs is being seen as more progressive right now, foreshame Rebecca foreshame.

Is that a subtle and not-quite-accurate Global 15 violation?

She's coming back tho, user

Of course I'm human. Haha. Yeah.

It was never used on Steven

It was used on gems and humans.

Do you guys not remember this? MG is coming back

>Thinking cartoons should compete in virtue signaling contests
For shame user, for shame.

I doubt anything the crew has shown might happen with only 15 episodes left senpai.

That's basically concept art for Last One Out of Beach City, her design isn't even the same.

But not on Steven who is neither

Sabina is Kevin's girl friend from the future just like Kevin is from the future.
Sabina was a rise quartz from the future that was released from bubble containment.

wasn't there a song about steven wanting people to fuse so that they would get larger?

He's both you fuckwit.

I was a young lad when i read that first

Welp thats just fair freaking zero point energy

That's concept art it was in the SU artbook, was made in 2015

i love that picture

Still waiting for the inevitable Beach Blanket Bonanza-type episode, where Steve throws a giant party for Beach City just so that he can fuse with the entire town!

Got any more for... research purposes?

Mystery Girl may not have been creates specifically to be a recurring character, but Amethyst wasn't initially meant to be an overcooked runt either. Things can change as the series goes on like the Diamond being resized (originally YD was barely taller than Alexandrite).

Thats an interesting theory to bad the crew forgot about it too

Destabilizing tech =/= containment wand.

Nah, because the Lars stuff checks out and Mystery Girl was already confirmed to be returning.

She looks so much older than him. I can see him having a puppy love crush on her and her being an older woman who had to turn down the dorky jailbait. I can’t see them as having been in a real highschool relationship together a short time ago.

> Pearl has moved on from Rose
> Kevin is still pining after Sabina

Huh. Pretty good potential for a parallel going on there.

It's just a character trait they share.
I don't get why everyone is screaming "PARALLELS!" at literally everything that happens in the show lately.

Pearl, Lapis, and Jasperfags have autism user.

I did say it only had potential. I know it could be coincidental. But you gotta admit a lot of the bigger parallels are clearly intentional, like that whole episode they did about Dewey that was made just so that Steven could learn how Connie felt.

Lapidirts are doing it too, saying Larsadie is a parallel for their ship, same as Gregrose, like fucking hell.

Tis' Why I included them too, Perifags passed the torch of shipping cancer onto them and now their waifu is.. decent I suppose.

>Amethyst wasn't initially meant to be an overcooked runt either

I’ve actually been wondering if the temple was originally meant to have been built during the war, but that had to be changed after they decided Amethyst was born so much later.

when will Pearl reform as a thicc gem?

We don't even have a size comparison of YD or Alex yet, but I'd fear they are quite equal or at least enough for Alex to deck Yellow in the face.

YD is Alexandrite/Malachite size now, first she was Sardonyx/Opal size.

When Mystery Girl tells her that she likes em big.

>She was Sardonyx/Opal sized
>WAS
What the fuck why can't they size correctly.

Also sardonyx pulling YD's head out of a hat when

pic related is the most inconsistent thing from the whole show.

Holy fucking shit she's more legs than an actual body too

I think they just named her sabrina to have a cute cañlback.
In any case i doubt she will be important ever again considering she only appeared in LOOBC and wasnt mentioned again until maybe kevin party.
I doubt they will straight up lie on a podcast.

Right now the biggest parallel is Rose+Greg/Sadie+Lars. After that it's Amy and Jasper.

I just got here.
How triggered was tumblr over this?

Nah that's just a redesign. It's consistent later in The Trial.

I think Amy and Jasper is a bigger parallel than that, they had an arc dedicated to it.

No idea, but you can imagine it's about the same as they always are.

What kind of daddy or mommy issues must Kevin have to be attracted to girls that look like his granny?

Pearl's moved past Rose... to a woman who has her exact build and hair color.

>>Mystery Girl was not created to come back at some point
Could you at least just give her a fucking name?

Steven! My favorite nephew! we gonna have thanksgiving with your hippie chick friends again or wh...

WHERE'S MY FRIGGIN BARN?!

Good. Pearl belongs to either Greg or Jasper.
Having her crawl to the next Rose lookalike is retarded and makes her look bad if anything.

I miss Andy.

Parents are lame. Kevin was raised by wolves who were also super models, like all the coolest kids.

She has a type.

>sabina is literally a type of rose
What? Source? When I try putting sabina rose into Google all I'm getting is some woman who was killed and when I put in sabina flower, I'm just getting flower shops. No actual flower called sabina. I feel like you're making shit up

Seriously I've been looking through types of roses, theirs a lot but nothing called sabina

Was Dewey Wins supposed to be explicitly political?

>cn has a su thanksgiving special
>doesn't even bother playing it
>probably won't even ever air it again
>literally one of the most pointless
episodes
Andy was the only good thing

No it was just supposed to be Steven understanding connies feelings.

stop this!

Why have they ruined Lapis' character?

What character?

Also a status quo change for the mayor of Beach City which'll probably effect things down the line.

She spent months already fighting the war against the Diamonds, and she was only trying to leave Earth to go home. And she wouldn't abandon Steven.

it’s the same as it’s always been

How did they ruin her? Things are consistent, so far. Gems are harder to change/fix than humans

sagagardencentre.co.uk/hybrid-tea-rose-sabina-2arret duke

>I got waaay to worked up about all this and thought myself for included and for the point relevant then I actually am.
>I also only help you so I feel good having things the way I want them to be.
Yup that does sound like Connies motives, but Steven diddn't understood them. He just had the same selfish and superficial fit.
But maybe the authors think and act on the same basis and as such don't observe this kind of interactions.

>She spent months already fighting the war against the Diamonds,
No she hasn’t
>She wouldn’t abandon Steven
She has multiple times