Transformers General - Optimus #13 Edition

Old Thread:

can somebody storytime this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hQo1HIcSVtg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

anyone?

nobody wants to talk robots?

I think when scananon went full autism everyone went on holiday to wait out the fallout.

aww. :(

I hate missing out on this week's issue.

>that last page
IT'S HAPPENING

That’s the only page I’ve seen.

I’m glad Wheelie abs Garnak are back.

That said why is Prowls eye all fucked up again....is this a continuity error mistake?

Probably. Only German autistic twits care about things like continuity.

Yeah, the only good thing about the issue. That and Bludgeon still alive.

But Throtlebots = dead. That kinda suck. Years waiting to see them and Sixshot again and are all dead.

Aww what?

I'm waiting to see just what the hell happened in that issue before dropping this whole thing, but I think it might have been more entertaining if Sixshot and the Throttlebots were stuck together, and they sort of become friends after depending on each other for years. This could have tied in to Sixshots "I want to have friends/ want to belong to something" he had going on in the early days of IDW, since many feared him, despite the fact he wanted companions, and felt extremely alone due to his job.

Rip

>Bludgeon has a master

Since when?

He was a disciple of... shit, I dunno, I forgot. Shockwave? Thunderwing? It's pretty confusing, they had so many events now.

Yeah that would’ve been awesome.

Hell they could’ve made Sixshot become Greatshot.

Jhiaxus. I......think?

Maybe he’s not another worshipper of Onyx. Cuz why not.

Now another. Damn autocorrect.

I really was expecting that gif to flash(You) as it came on.

What went wrong?

Glowstrike didn’t do anything. She exists for Steeljaw to usurp.

Maybe if she was a preying mantis ninja instead she could have put up a fight

I read this issue, and I think I may finally be done with this run. Lots of stuff is either happening off screen, or in the crossover comics that i just don't care about.

Damn, it could be fucking anyone at this point. He followed Jhiaxus for a while, but he considered Thunderwing his God. Since Thunderwing hasn't shown up in forever, and they JUST contradicted the Sixshot info, they might as well bring Thunderwing back (who everyone forgets was strong enough to hold back BOTH armies, which included Wreckers AND Trypticon... and Omega if he was there). Even with Combiners, the guy could still probably give everyone a run for their money.

Adding to this, Jhiaxus has been a bore for almost all of his appearances, and I would really love if he just stayed dead so Dark Cybertron can have some consequences.

Perhaps.

There was too much backlash to him rebuilding Arcee into a girl, so he isn't allowed to do something crazy.

Anyone else liked Bludgeon's early IDW appearance more than his traditional motif? Do any /toy/ buddies know if any 3rd party made this into a mold?

Hey you at least could storytime this at least?

I know that both Bludgeon and Arcee have hit Ravage with this move a couple times. Yet getting ripped in half done him in???

Bludgeon and Arcee missed any vital parts, and being ripped in half just caused him to bleed out?

Are you fucking kidding me?

What?

Hm. Yeah, I'm guessing Onyx. Somehow.

Fin.

Well, I'm glad that maybe 2 throttlebots lived. It sure was worth the wait.

youtube.com/watch?v=hQo1HIcSVtg

3 Throttlebots. Chase looks to still be alive, and so does Rollbar on this page.

Is Sixshot confirmed dead? This is such shit if so. I really thought his Titans Return toy was confirmation that he would be returning in the comics at some point. Oh, well....

Thats what I dont like about IDW. Their TF comics are just snuff films.

IDW seems incapable of grasping the notion that somebody might actually LIKE any given character they murder.

Death isn't a prerequisite for telling a good story. IDW must really get off on killing someone's favorite characters. They do it so often.

wow, what a waste of a page this is.

No, no he's not. He attacked the Throttlebots, and they "think" he's dead. Could go either way.

Man, I hope so. I really wanted him to pop up in Lost Light. Phase Sixers fascinate me.

Is that motherfucking Stardrive? I guess she quit the Solstar Order after RvT.

>that third panel

>Man I love being a turtle!

Drawing is hard.

Is he... dead... again?

So, I miss a lot of things or there is a lot of comics that have never published yet.

Who's dead?

Centurion? No, he survived that.

This guy looks nothing like GB Blackrock , even within the context of IDW's own continuity.

>Stardrive

Ha. You are right. So, she never die in Rom vs Transformers. Thank you for the spoiler IDW.

I'm more confused as to how she took off her armor.

I know, right? Why'd they give him a hipster haircut?

Wtf is going on. Why does the writing feels weird for this issue?

Goldbug stressed out that "we made sure of that" in reference to killing Sixshot, and considering 2 Throttlebots died when people assumed they all lived in the spotlight ill assume he's dead until proven other. He's not the first phase sixer to die anti-climatically.

John Barber is a shit author who can do nothing but ruin Simon Furman's plot threads and Livio has never understood visual storytelling. Why does this surprise you?

looking Autobot Spike there Prowl

>Prowl is still missing his left
>Now his left arm too
>Wheelie has a replacement arm?
I wonder what happened before this?

Reminds me more of Shockwave.

Garnark's missing his eye again after regrowing it, too. They've probably been fighting Onyx's forces for a while.

Really like that OP #13 kinnnnda spoils the end of RvT. Thanks IDW.
I mean, I'm sure a lot of people called it, but it's still kinda frustrating. OH WELL.

I cant wait for prowl to join onyx because he's such a huge asshole that he would find joining onyx the best way for cybertronians or whatever he uses to justify himself

Maybe she just painted it.

>OP #13 kinnnnda spoils the end of RvT.

Does anybody honestly care?

Yes? RvT is widely liked and praised.

I do, of course.

>Tells Prime weapons could help
>Doesn't listen to Prime
>Ends up Right
Can he ever get tired of being right?

Prowl is NEVER right

He fucks shit up and forces Prime to clean up his mess, effectively damning Optimus in the process because Optimus has to become a bastards sell-out to mitigate even a fraction of Prowl's bullshit.

They should have just gone Punished Prowl, running around the US helping humans and trying his damnest to redeem himself and have him purposely refuse to rejoin the Autobots because of how he disgraced himself and hurt their cause.

Remove the character assassination and bring back the sad sack Prowl from the Marvel Comics, who desperately wants Optimus' love but is so sad and pathetic that he never gets it.

Kind of agreed. Prowl needs to get rid of the Grimlock lite personality and go back to being the Cyril Figgis of Transformers.

Especially since Optimus really needs people of high moral character around him, not psychopathic traitors like Prowl, Skylynx, and Arcee and easily bullied sad sacks like Cosmos, Soundwave, and Jazz

Anyone wishing they would refresh the casts for the main TF books already?

Like say, force Roberts to give up 3/4ths of his regulars (Rodimus, Ultra Magnus, Ratchet, Drift, Chromedrome, Rewind), fuck whatever on term storylines he has going, and force him to have to start new ones from scratch with say Soundwave, Jazz, Arcee, Skylynx?

Would rather see the LL guys back on Earth backing Prime than deal with the F-Listers running around as Prime's supporting cast.

That would work.

Chromedrome/Rewind explore Earth life

Rodimus and Ultra Magnus pulling Optimus aside, giving him a strong lecture about how he let Prowl and Arcee corrupt him (and Arcee being put to death like the traitorous rabid dog she is, even as she grovels pathetically that she should not be held responsible for her treason "because it all worked out in the end") and get him to start fixing shit and being the moral leader he's supposed to be.

Soundwave going back to leading the 'Cons and restarting the war

Thundercracker and Ratchet having wacky Earth Adventures

By spoiling it, you mean Prowl tries to save the day but gets maimed and shit fleeing?

No, I think it means that Prowl, Fort Max, Cerebros etc are the brains in the jar in the latest issue of LL. First Aid is going to put their brains back into their bodies and send them to get help, but Prowl's going to fucking betray everyone again and do other shit than stop Getaway.

What. How do you even think that? It's far more plausible that those brains are actual Lost Light crew members who somehow pissed Getaway off and are lab specimens now for it.

Also I feel like Im one of just a handful of people enjoying morally grey Prowl. I dont want him to be a pathetic sad sack of shit nobody, who could easily be swapped out with anyone else and just fades into the background like he used to in Marvel. His plotting is endlessly entertaining and I see so many people blame him for Optimus having to clean up messes but those people forget that that's literally all Prowl has been doing his entire life while working for Optimus. Optimus always got to take the high road while never doing any of the dirty work which Prowl had to step up for because no one else would. I'm not defending it btw, just saying I enjoy this take on it.

True.