Does Superman have access to the Speed Force?

How is he able to keep up with the Flash in the films?

*film

He's just fast, but he's not fast enough so he looks sluggish and Flash is still able to dodge him

No, Flash is just slow

Superman HAS to be insanely fast in order to travel to places around the world in a few seconds

Because he's just fast. Barry's fast is powered by the speedforce, but not all fast is speedforce.

There's a shitload of Speedforce things Superman wouldn't be able to do just by going fast.

I don't have desires to rewatch this boring flick, so for anyone that did, does it say how long Barry has been Flash? I don't imagine he's been a hero for too long, and is just very inexperienced. Personally, I'm fine with that. Why should Flash be so fast from the start? Wouldn't it be better if he develops overtime like Wally did?

wait when did slade wilson join the DC cinematic universe?

About a year, so he’s not at full power yet.

Post credits in justice league

Why isn't there strengthforce, invulnerabilityforce, flyforce or eyelasersforce?

There is eyelaserforce, actually

>Eyelasersforce
It's called The Punch Dimension, son.

He doesn't draw power from it, but I guess it might explain why physics doesn't break apart when he goes at high speeds.

The Flash is fast cause the Speed Force allows him and anything he brings with him to drop in to a subspace and move faster. Superman is super charged by earths yellow sunlight and thus has the super charged speed of a normal man.

One of the few things I like about the movie is that if you look at the scene where Sups and Flash were fighting, Flash is moving at normal pace and Superman is moving at a stilted almost stop motion like speed showing that he's just moving fast while Flash is using the speed force.

Read some fucking comics

not all plotforce witches are equal

That version of Flash is young. Superman can keep up with a normal speedster but cant reach top speeds Flash can since he has speedforce.

Flash is a noob.

Also Why did they give Batman a big bulge but not Flash?

Because Barry hasn't honed his powers yet and this is the first time he's met someone who can even get close to touching him. He's taken off guard.

Yeah. For instance, Flash has super fast metabolism, which means he can't gain weight/get fat.

How is his cape flying back if he's running in place?

Umm. I think his arms are supposed to be hitting and flapping the cape.

Yer askin' a bit too many questions there, pal.

I had always thought (or maybe it was just headcanon) that Superman can fly as fast as The Flash can run, but he doesn't have the Speedforce allowing him to zip around earth without causing 'natural' disasters i.e. tornados and earthquakes, while Flash does.

that's a bad example. Superman has that. Your should have said something like "speed stealing" or lightning generation.

Shouldn't he looked like this most of the time?

Superman can fly faster than he himself can run. In a straight race Flash would still be able to run faster.

Both Superman and Flash (and a bunch of other characters, hell, basically anyone who can fly in space pretty much gets FTL speeds by default if they want to get anywhere) can easily go FTL.

My view is that Flash has better acceleration and doesn't cause a megadeath event if he goes past a city at top speed.

Look it's not a hard concept: Superman's Kryptonian DNA, fueled by yellow sun energy, allows him to reach incredible speeds, but he's not faster than The Flash. The Flash is fueled by The Speed Force, a bullshit energy source that basically moves the universe forward, and pretty much trumps any and all other super speeds. Clark just has the ability to see Speedsters better than most

He does when he overdoes it.

he's right

>Flash has super fast metabolism, which means he can't gain weight/get fat.
He could, he'd just have to eat faster than he used up energy, which would be harder than most would find.

wtf? That's not how people run. Nobody runs like that unless they've never ran before.

WRONG!!!!

THOSE ARE PUNCHES FROM THE PUNCH DIMENSION!

But he doesn't really. If he did he would just whither away the instant he started running fast. The amount of energy he would need to run even a meter at the speed he does would kill him. The speedforce must be sating him somehow and supplying him energy.

>Superman HAS to be insanely fast in order to travel to places around the world in a few seconds
No, he just has to fly where there's no air resistance. And he never does that "in a few seconds" without a scene cut.

His actual on-screen speed has never exceeded Mach 2 or so.

speedforce

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Barry's treadmill imbued with the speedforce since he uses it so much? IIRC its how Zoom managed to tap into the speedforce in the future.

So really, Superman isn't using the speedforce or anything on that page, he's just found something thats connected to it.

billy worrying about the everyday man's business being destroyed.
he too pure for us.

Flash uses the Speedforce to move while Superman is just fast as fuck,but Superman can't move too fast on Earth or he will destroy everything.

Yup you get the idea. Flash and the threadmill run on speedforce while Superman is so fucking fast by himself that he managed to get the threadmill up and running.

Billy is such an amazing caring hero. I wonder why DC didn’t make Clark adopt him or some shit after that First Thunder run.

So did he make it or his ass get kicked back?

Based on the future solicits Clark is time travelling and fucking everything up. Expect a new Flashpoint after Action Comics #1000.

Eh can make up for it with pictures of 3 A list heroes eating at your place. Crazy advertisement opportunity.

The real question is would you charge the Flash to eat your dinner?

That's a good headcanon, but I'll raise you one.

Superman has secondary speedforce powers that let's him break the sound barrier at speeds that should shatter eardrums at the very least and allows him to do things like catch a person while flying at a thousand miles an hour and not turning them into paste.

The speedforce just permeates the entire DC universe making physics wonky and more comic-friendly.

To be fair in that specific run, the reputation of the heroes went down the toilet. They were lucky they even were allowed to eat at the place.

well at the same time it's not like they can really throw out those heroes. in a literal sense that it.

>Its a DC heroes get the Marvel citizen experience

Sounds like a great run.

>the treadmill

Doesn't answer the question. All that confirms is what we already know: Superman is speedster levels fast. Nothing to do with speedforce.

>Does Superman have access to the Speedforce
no
>How is he able to keep up with the Flash
Because he's a Kryptonian with about three decades of yellow sun exposure.

You see, the Flash(es) are fast because they use their extra-dimensional power to basically negate physics. That's basically what the speedforce is. An energy foreign from our universe that allows speedsters to break our laws of physics.

Superman, on the other hand, doesn't break the laws of physics, he's just really good at playing by them because he can physically generate the insane amount of strength and endurance our physics say you need to have in order to do move at those speeds.

That's why at full power, the Flash will always outpace Superman (and everyone) because eventually, he just surpasses what one can do by our universe's rules.

>Flash is fast
>Superman is also fast
>Flash is obstensively faster
>however Supes is at a level of speed that at least let's him keep up with Flash
>if Flash wanted he could blow Supes out of the water
>DCEU Flash isn't nearly close to that level yet

Because Flash can never be allowed to use his full powers when Supes is around. Full speed force Flash would make the rest of the League pointless, he could have simply stole Steppenwolf's speed within seconds invalidating the entire plot.

Then again all it takes is Superman slapping Steppenwolf around five times to beat him, a task that required an army of all the olympian gods, a green lantern, the amazons, and the atlanteans to defeat so who cares about plot

My fav moment was when Supes was getting gangbanged yet civilians thought Bizarro was the the real Supes abusing a guy and the one who attacked them.

Inexperienced Flash who hasn't mastered the speed force, plus he as noticeably slower than Flash in their mini fight scene.

Because he's fast as fuck. Supeans other powers like invulnerability and advanced senses stop him from getting fucked up. Flash needs the speed force because the friction would kill him or he would kill himself running into something

TACTILE TELEKINESIS

>No air resistance
>What is fluid continuity
There is nowhere in the atmosphere that has no air resistance user

DCEU Flash is young and inexperienced and DCEU Superman is an unrepentant psychopath. If Barry were a little more seasoned and Superman wasn't minor slight from going full Plutonian, there might be more of a speed gap between them.

I think he means if he's going halfway around the world, he flies into space first? I dunno, never heard of Superman doing that

shitty writing

wtf why is superman so silly sometimes

>obstensively
ostensibly?

Barry hasn't accessed his top speed yet. He's fairly new to his powers and hasn't explored them fully.

flash has speedforce bullshit
superman has supersense bullshit

Has Flash ever raced Hal or any other GL?

The motherbox ressurrected him even more powerful than he he was before dying

which means motherbox energy > speedforce

Barry is currently designated jobber

Effectively yes. You have to remember that when crossing the planet, Superman ascends to ridiculous altitudes where there's essentially no air. The only reason jet fighters can't accelerate infinitely is because of air resistance—the force of the thrust becomes equal to the force of the air pushing back on it, which is why the velocity of a jet might vary by a whole mach number based on its height. That's terminal velocity, and the forces involved with an object moving at supersonic speeds through atmosphere are rather intense, and the power output required to maintain that velocity is even more intense. They are also not capable of ascending into space.

Air resistance increases with the square of the velocity. So then what kind of speeds could Superman reach at 128,000 feet or higher if he generates enough constant force for up to mach 2 terminal velocity at sea level?

The answer? Really, really fast. But that doesn't make him any faster down here. Which would explain why can cross the planet in a few minutes off-screen, but on-screen, never exceeds Mach 2 or so.

Let's petition for Super-Fatso to become a skin in Injustice 2.

>only reason jet fighters can't accelerate infinitely
>knows nothing about jets

the fastest plane in the world, the SR 71 Blackbird is limited by engine temperatures. pilots never go as fast as they can because if they did they'd melt the engines.

Because he is very very fast.
And he doesn't keep up, he just gets close enough to beat him via superior skill in combat.

>His actual on-screen speed has never exceeded Mach 2 or so.

because Barry let him

those_were_for_charity.png

No, and importantly not in space. GLs regularly move between planets and star systems - galaxies even - in the space of a few words of a conversation. That easily puts them in the absurd speed numbers, far exceeding the Flash.

>far exceeding the flash
LOL

It used to be in the Silver Age they'd open a wormhole to cross the distance.

I assumed because Barry's so new at this.
He's still shown to be quicker, but also shown to not actually know what to do

>newer flash
>just discovering the limits of speed force
>established superman
>already beat zod and stalemated(both died) doomsday
Gee i wonder

I was wondering what this was

Comic Book Science For The Win!

No he doesn't. Only speedsters have access to the speedforce.

Batfleck has Bulge Reciprocity written into his contract plus, like ManletMan and his Hell Lift Reciprocity contract rider, Batfleck is stunted as such emotional insecure levels that he must be the most MOSTEST in anything in which he appears.

Even in justice league you hear three sonic booms when he flies away.

>secondary speedforce powers that let's him
>and allows him to do things like catch a person while flying at a thousand miles an hour

I think canonically, the way its often written is that his aura is what protects his suit, cape (not they they are Kryptonian invulnerable clothing, since the suit been's trashed countless times, has had holes countless times - it's not the original pod brought reams of cloth with it), and who is is flying with when he goes supersonic. So presumably, he is able to (automatically, unconsciously) extend that to things he catches, including people.

This is the coolest depiction of ice-vision I've see.

>No, he just has to fly where there's no air resistance. And he never does that "in a few seconds" without a scene cut.

Are you an absolute retard?

he goes up to mach 900 in MoS

During his fight with zod he is moving at around Mach 300.

I really can't understand how anyone can be that stupid.

>Mach 300
did you really calculate that he was moving at 100 km/s, user

would you explain your methodology

The time it took for them to get to the satellite orbit.

I can't go faster than 5mph at my gyms treadmill. Superman must be running at like 500mph there

>All you can eat buffet
>$6.00
Lol I ate at one like this in Atlantic City it was like stove top stuffing and shit tier meat. Never saw a bathroom as disgusting as the one at that buffet.

>The real question is would you charge the Flash to eat your dinner?
I imagine the buffet is owned by now whites like Latinos or something so the concept of doing the right thing is foriegn to them.

There is nothing that the Flash can do to kill Superman. The most he could do is slow him down like they did to Superboy Prime, but that doesn't last long enough.

Now I want a death stroke comic where he outsmarts the flash by poisoning a buffet.

And they'd melt the engines because of the massive amount of extra force they must apply to counteract the force of air friction. Air friction is, usually, not linear to speed--but could be a relationship like F=bv^2 or more (generalized because different wings get different results). In space, you'd only have to have enough speed to counteract the force of gravity and going beyond that could increase your speed indefinitely ( except when you approach the speed of light, of course ). And, by comic logic, you can break the speed of light and travel through time and shit