What exactly was the moral of Moral Orel?

What exactly was the moral of Moral Orel?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/53spqjBOGbw?t=26s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

is this shit worth watching if I really enjoyed Xavier?

Don't be a hypocritical scumbag or an abusive parent?

Religion doesn't make a person good. Being a good person makes a person good.

/thread

Pretty much.
Don't drink so damn much is another good lesson.

>Don't drink so damn much is another good lesson.
Oh hell yeah Clay could've been a good person if Bloberta didn't introduce him to drinking.

This.
Also, most people aren't jerks for no reason. If they're used to being treated badly they may very well treat other people badly. But you can break that cycle.

Yes.

That it was a terrible fucking show

Get out.

It's bait ignore it.

I have as much a right to be here as anybody else

youtu.be/53spqjBOGbw?t=26s

>Religion doesn't make a person good

Well that's not necessarily true. Culture has a lot to do with the morales of a person, which is why Western countries are a lot more moral than say, Middle Eastern countries.

The only kind of decent adult Christians in the show were the Jews for Jesus, and even then the father was often backsliding to Judaism.

Lmao it is the exact secularism of western countries that makes us more moral than the Middle East

You look at the west as recent as 200 years ago when religion was still law and you'll find plenty of nonmoral nonsense in Europe and the US? Don't believe religion is to blame? Look at the fucking bible belt of the US right now.

And to add to this, I'm religious, but to pretend like religion of any kind has ever had a positive effect on society is fucking nonsense. The world straight up fucking sucked when the churches ran everything.

You can be more than what your parents raised you to be - or what they raised you not to be.

The world is full of degenerates.

Fundamentalism is a facade put on by those that are morally bankrupt.

The moral is just because your parents were irredeemable assholes doesn't mean you have to repeat the cycle.

What about the bible belt?

t. american idiot

can't beat the dick

>What about the bible belt?

Alabama is about to elect a goddamn pedophile as a Senator, and that pedophile's supporters and family are both bending over backwards to use the Bible as justification for his trying to date and molest teenage girls.

A lot of things, I enjoyed the message that you don't need religion to be a good person, and that people are to blame for their own problems.

>That ending

The show juxtapose a practice of a belief held common by a community suffering from individual conflicts and problems they're suffering from.
As a consequence of the actions made in the past, they shape lies to tell that the next day will be better through ignorance. However, Orel is an agent that is (taken the movie into account for the total reflection) too good for the town. The naivity and ignorance of reality doesn't hit him because the belief of Sky Daddy must make it morally just, and that's that. It doesn't help the fact that the naive perception of the world is further perpetuated by his father and the endless list of commands.

It's up until The Hunting Trip this starts to crackle, then further pushed at Christmas when he witness the ones closest to him cannot repair the relations, embracing the situation and learns life is a tough nut.

He still in the end stick to the practice of Christianity, but I don't think he sees it from a view he had as a child, as instead desire to keep practicing its philosofical aspects.

The moral of Moral Orel is whatever comes, you must adapt. Even if it surprises you.