Black Panther in 2 months

Black Panther in 2 months

Who else is hyped?

I am, it looks pretty cool. I might take my African immigrant parents to see it

Have Wakandans been to the moon?

not much to be honest, I didn't grow up reading black panther comics, I would be hyped for a static movie though, he was always in my top 10 favorite superheroes and my favorite teenager and black superhero by far

>2 months
Oh shit, it's true. Time flies when you touch yourself. Yes, I'm hyped, it looks like another WS.

Is Shuri Best Girl? I like the handshake she did with T'Challa in the trailer. So far, the MCU hasn't really had the whole brother/sister dynamic in any of their movies.

>That hideous scarification shit
It actually makes me happy that he has his own panther suit...

I'll be there on opening weekend, just to piss off the Snyder fans :)

j/k... never been a big fan of Black Panther... he's always been a "meh" character to me. Will still probably go see it because it is a Superhero movie and will have ramp up stuff for Infinity War. Plus the family is pretty excited about it (and none of them are comic book fans).

I just wish Killmonger wasn't just a reskin of Black Panther. He's just wearing a gold version of T'Challa's suit. If they wanted another Vibranium suit villian, they should have given M'Baku a giant gorilla power suit

Klaw's totally backstabbing him.

I'll wait and see. If it isn't filled with heavy handed progressive trash I'll go see it.

WAKANDA FOREVER!!!

It was lazy to give him that especially when Killmonger has his own suit but it probably has something to do with his character in the movie

CUTE!

Whose trypophobia is going to be triggered by his scars?

>black panther movie
>full of progressive trash
>when wakanda is one of the most xenophobic and bigoted countries in marvel

Wakanda literally built a giant super wall to keep the rest of africa out.

yeah, him and stewart were awesome to me when i was a kid. And the funny thing is that i believed they were the first ones and not the second ones. Like there was other eletric superhero before and hal jordan.

It might be pretty decent and the we wuz memes that come from it will be top tier

No way they don't present that in a positive light

I find it sad. That the only pride Africans can get comes from a fictional country.

Sup Forums here, I heard their might be niggers in this movie, that's not true is it?

I'm not familiar with a lot of African lore or aesthetic. I'm looking forward to seeing something new to me.

Are we getting a hero and a villain with the exact same power set fight again?

Legit hyped. Black Panther stole the show in "Civil War", and I expect the standalone film to kick all kinds of ass based on the director, the cast, and the general direction the film appears to be taking.

random question; what kind of african accent is closest to the ones they're doing? because i really like it

I remember Chadwick Boseman saying he based the "Wakandan" he spoke on Xhosa. Do listen to how the name of that language is pronounced, it begins with a click.

Africa's country and politics honestly are still worked on almost at a daily basis. I can't blame Stan Lee for actually doing something smart.

Might be Michael B Jordan's character. They seem to play him up as the bad guy using a stolen suit.

I just worry the black Panther scenes will be too CGI heavy. Like, you see the Panther vs Panther stuff in the trailer, and it looks like a video game.

So, I gotta ask, is Shuri gonna replace Iron Man as Tech Backer for the Avengers? When Tony dies, that leaves a tech and financial hole for the Avengers, and Wakanda and Shuri seem to be set up to replace that.

I'm insanely hopeful, but I know they're going to have Bilbo bring too much cringe humor. I want the film to be along the lines of Winter Soldier, but fear that too much CGI will prevent it from having the same oomph Winter Soldier had.

I'm also at a complete lost with trying to guess which way they will go for future Black Panther films because this first film is already tackling all the Priest Black Panther characters.

But that's not true.

>T'Challa (the title character) is the enigmatic ruler of a technologically advanced, slightly xenophobic African nation, so he acts like it
>slightly

I'm doing fine. I'd be more creeped out if they went inwards

More like nostalgia, they remind me of the scarabs from the Brendan Frazier Mummy movies, though I wish he’d gone with rosettes instead to go win the leopard thing he has going on because the bumps look less aesthetic than the lines the real life version based on crocs uses.

Feels like they're gonna go with Man-Ape
I dunno though
Seems like a mistake

Those bald chicks are too manly.

shits gonna bomb

>Expecting a black movie to show a black person as an ape.
?

look how dynamically different their skulls are.

Sup Forums here actually wanna see it cause Disney seems to know what they're doing plus I wanna see it they portray Wakanda as xenophobic.
One thing though
>African movie
>rap song from foreign country

Man-Ape is in the first film and seems like a minor threat. I legit wonder how the Black Panther sequels will work. Maybe Namor is involved.

That's what it feels like from how the studio describes him

I feel that in this universe he's better being a teamup guy rather than getting his own spotlight all the time
But there's no way Marvel has the balls to go through with that

I'm very excited. I'm excited because it's nice to see stuff about Africa that isn't just warlord tragedy story.

I'm also excited to see how many bullets they are gonna dodge with this. I say bullets dodged because MCU has proven itself to be competently mediocre at the very worst.
I'm very curious how the tension is going to play up because the black panther suit looks OP as fuck. It offers Ironman level protection with no apparent wear and tear, and there's no detachable element like Cap's shield or the arc reactor to create stakes

Doesn't really seem like they're that much more advanced than the rest of the world

I smell a costume and makeup oscar!

>giving the black villain a giant gorilla suit
About as likely as having the main villain of the next DC film be a yellow-skinned beady-eyed savage named Japanese or Mongol.

It's still pretty high tech, I mean I guess it won't be Stark level, but given that they could freeze Buckey, and have a stealth field over an entire country, I would rate that pretty high.

You have to remember that even with shield having helicarriers the world's tech is still our tech level with bit more power, ignoring Stark.

The Russians/Hydra/whoever froze Bucky since they had him

yeah, and besides them no one has had cryogenics technology. You basically have to assume all tech in MCU is unique and not widely available because the society in the MCU has not changed drastically.

Stark's tech alone would've revolutionized the world but it didn't.

>the world's tech is still our tech level
Their world's tech level is hilariously below our's, probably because the filmmakers don't understand how militaries work.

They may not have had freezing technology
They may have just stuck him in a freezer

They do have a space empire.

The MCU version doesn't seem like they would

>villain has the laziest evil version of the hero’s suit we’ve seen in the MCU so far

Couldn’t they have at least given him the fuzzy cape or regal mantle to distinguish himself from T’Challa

They should get the black kid from Stranger Things.

If the genders were reversed people would be complaining

?

They have it right now only to have it accidentally'd by Jean Grey in the near future, I would assume.

The Avengers doing nothing when the Submariner genocided Wakandia twice in a row clearly wasn't enough yet.

>you remember that scarification thing a couple of african tribes do?
>yes?
>make it a body suit

I am it looks sick as fuck

Wakanda did nothing regarding literally every tragedy, disease and war the world has ever faced, they can get dunked on.

I’m actually surprised how many normies are aware that Wakanda is the name of the Black Panther’s country.

Like... never in a million years, y’know?

"Top 10 Things You Didn't Know About Black Panther" videos in preparation for the movie.

Also, it was said like 20 times in Civil War.

It was just hilarious to have the other Avengers make "well, there goes uncle Hillibilly again"-faces as the Submariner angrily screams at Black Panther about how mad he is that the Wakandians didn't sufficiently appreciate being genocided, so he found himself forced to do it all over again a second time.

I understand why. Just wanted to share that 2017/2018 doesn’t feel real.

If you walked up to teenager, comic-book nerd me, and told me that more people would be excited to see Black Panther over the Justice League, I would think that you’re fucking crazy.

Just being an old, jaded fart.

STEP INTO THE SPOT LIKE

I am

Not only because it looks rad as hell but also if it does good maybe that will pave the way for more Afrofuturist films and they will finally make the Ear, the Eye and the Arm movie I've dreamed of since 5th grade

>the Ear the Eye and the Arm
AWWWWW YISS MOTHERFUCKER

You thought the villain would get a cool, distinct look and gimmick, but it was really me, the Palette Swap all along all over again!!!

Black panther as a character has never been appealing to me, so i have no hype for this movie. But im sure it will make close a billion at the box office with a superb RT score.

OH COME THE FUCK ON

This is what? The fifth time they pull this?

Iron Monger
Abomination
Whiplash
Ultron
Yellowjacket

More like the sixth depending on how you count it.

Really doesn't make sense for black panther to not used the time gem to prevent that accident from happening.

but he went back in time to do something else.

If memory serves:
Iron Man had Iron Monger
Winter Soldier had Winter Soldier (evil Cap minus shield)
Ant Man had Yellowjacket
Hulk had Abomination
Age of Ultron, Ultron? On that one I'm not too sure, reducing Ultorn to "Evil Iron Man" sounds a little too simplistic

WE

Racist

ARE

GAY

FAMILY

Disney has done an incredible job making people care about C list characters, not only that but making them more profitable than DCs A listers. Good job WB.

You gonna offer me some hwhite cake?

fuck, reading that gave me nostalgia with the scarabs from the mummy

It helps that WB seems to only care about Batman and Bat-characters. Wonder Woman selling so well must have been a shock to them.

Did you firget age of ultron?

Hollywood movie
>rap song from AFRICAN american

Kind of, depends how quippy its gonna be. I liked how black panther showing up in civil war was mostly entirely self serious, though I'm wary of the tone of the movie falling more inline with the rest of the mcu.

>Have Wakandans been to the moon?

Reminded me of this

>Movie about a superhero from the mythical city of El Dorado
>Trailer plays "Despacito"

Africans dont want to represented as African Americans,
>remember Africans hate Africans

i was kind of looking forward to it until i found out the villain was just black panther but with some gold shit on his mask.

terrible.

And yet they keep making BILLIONS. How is dceu ever gonna comepete?

That guys skin is freaking me out.

We wuz kangz and shiet

check out the nazi

Legitimately rather hyped. Good cast, very good director, everything we've seen so far looks great.

AYO HOL UP

YOU BE SAYIN'

WE