senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
shutterstock.com/
pinterest.com/characterdesigh/
tumblr.com/theme/39018
pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#
discord.gg/rXMbdqP
youtube.com/watch?v=Pb5oIIPO62g
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
web.archive.org/web/20140625035030/http://paperwingspodcast.com/
blambot.com/
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf
miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/
mediafire.com/folder/9pf1nwwa92lbp/Comics_for_making_Comics
webtoons.com/en/challenge/a-gray-life/love/viewer?title_no=119329&episode_no=7
jesse-the-art-maker.deviantart.com/art/WOLVERINE-vs-THE-BLUE-FIRE-KNIGHT-rough-page4-WIP3-716556141
witchwayswitch.com
tapas.io/series/witchwayswitch
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Instead of the goodie bag I'll post this

let this be the last

but i already hate it

and i hate this too

This is what happens when you let that pedo tranny Lucy fucker make threads

This is #429 you fucking plebeian
Scrub Autists SHIT Bag
Heres a short list of sites that any new fucking autist or Coldfusion will find handy:
>*-Struggling to find that perfect FONT? Create your own using this link;
calligraphr.com

>*-Dont forget to brush up on that ANATOMY:
design.tutsplus.com/series/human-anatomy-fundamentals--cms-724

>*-Whats a list without some reference STOCK IMAGES?
People: senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
Scenery: shutterstock.com/

>*-Here's a big fat compilation of CHARACTER DESIGN REFERENCE:
pinterest.com/characterdesigh/ (surprisingly not a typo)

>Links to get a rough WEBSITE started up:
Easy to use tumblr webcomic theme: tumblr.com/theme/39018
Dos and Donts for starting a site: pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV
>Contact sheet if anyone wants to put information down, like their site and webcomic:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#

>DISCORD CHAT going on:
discord.gg/rXMbdqP

>Wise words from John Cleese:
youtube.com/watch?v=Pb5oIIPO62g

>Invisible Ink:
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf

>Paper Wings
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
web.archive.org/web/20140625035030/http://paperwingspodcast.com/

>Fonts for your webcomic on Blambot:
blambot.com/

>Writing Resources:
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf

>Guide to promoting your comic:
miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/

>Comics for makin' comics!
mediafire.com/folder/9pf1nwwa92lbp/Comics_for_making_Comics

>Ctrlpaint.com
>drawabox
>Or just ask YouTube

you let that happen too

Pam is kinda hot when she's on the brink of death

im trying to learn to draw, im using only pencil but drawabox says to use ink pens
guess im never going to learn to draw at this rate

Maybe in temperature, because that face looks like ass.

the solution is that no one should make threads

You could simply refrain from erasing, that's pretty much what they mean by using pens.

THIS THREAD NEEDS TO DIE!

Lucy why are you saying the thread needs to die when you were the one who made it

pencil is how you start

why? if you make a mistake, erase it and correct it. that's idiotic. you SHOULD throw out your drawings though.

Dunno, I purposely made the thread to shitpost in it since drawing and receiving actual feedback is actually impossible.

Why do you want to chop your dick off, tranny?

It's so you can learn to draw from start to finish without making any large, noticeably terrible mistakes.

Sometimes playing dress up just isn't enough.

>lucy going full full shitposter in /hyw/ after getting b& from both discords multiple times
kek

off to a great start today

>implying i dont come to /hyw/ just to shitpost

that won't teach you that.

Proof?

I want to be a little loli so CF senpai will notice me

I may be treading new ground in Ayy Lmao fiction.

webtoons.com/en/challenge/a-gray-life/love/viewer?title_no=119329&episode_no=7

Also I wanna try making something with a more serious narrative but I will probably need a writer for that. If anyone likes my art and is interested, direct me to some of your previous works.

You're doing a good job with the silly stuff for now, are you sure moving in a dramatic direction is right for you? Because I think you'd need both a writer and an artist where you are right now.

if i had less moral restraints i would totally try to catfish cf and steal his money. the only problem with that plan is that he has no money

>you'd need both a writer and an artist where you are right now.
>just get two other people to make the comic for you
makes sense

new, still needs dialog. check out the HD version: jesse-the-art-maker.deviantart.com/art/WOLVERINE-vs-THE-BLUE-FIRE-KNIGHT-rough-page4-WIP3-716556141

woops, forgot to hide the words, i wasn't done typing them all out yet, lol, well here is half of the dialog anyway lol

Thank you for blessing the thread with your presence Bones!

>I may be treading new ground in Ayy Lmao fiction.
Highly doubt it, but you do you.

jumping into the glare of the sun always makes for a cool panel

wrong cunt, I actually love this panel

Yeah I will have to adjust my character designs but confident I could find something serviceable. And its not like successful dramatic comics have really detailed art, see Questionable Content. But I am not thinking of anything near that level of drama. Still talking about aliens and ghosts and stuff.

That's a good reaction image for anyone with taste trying to look at your art.

It's more about the specific errors you make not taking the reader right out of the moment. Your art isn't terrible at all, but the particular mistakes you make are distinctly amateurish in that way.
But I can already tell you're capable of getting to the level you desire so don't worry about that

Got this far before Thanksgiving got in the way

>faux animu style
>middle school girl with meme-high stockings in a fighting pose, likely tsundere
>drama and aliens and ghosts and stuff
Good luck.

its done, feel free to red line any mistakes

this is a low kb version for easy upload, its super hard to upload big sized stuff here for some reason.

link to the HD version is still the same if you want to see it on my deviantart, lol

Thanks. Worst case scenario I get more practice drawing none Ayy Lmao's which aren't really helping me that much.
She is a random inktober sketch user, but when I was drawing her I was going for the genki/tomboy type. But I guess stockings are associated with tsundere.

Total garbage, redraw everything

How old are you anyway?

>having taste this bad

you cucks realize this is just a rough page right? think of it as my pencil layer, its just an idea for me to ink in and color and slap word balloons on.

a lot of stuff will be fixed and slightly changed when i go to draw and color this for real, but i was just wanting red lines to point out any major mistakes i might miss when i start inking and coloring these pages. Which i wont do until all 10 rough pages are done.

>not sacrificing family time for your art

pffft, you are the type that will have kids and not neglect them.

Fucking kek'd

>its done
>this is just a rough page
Mixed messages

This, I spent my Thanksgiving in my parents' basement watching YT videos and playing vidya.

You must be really like the taste of Mexican balls in your mouth

That's why I told you to redraw it. The "rough" page quality is really poor. Unless you want to be like Dewd but with inferior artwork, sure! Go ahead and "ink" it

are you trolling me right now? i said i was done with the rough page. how is your tiny brain not capable of understanding this simple statement pointing out the obvious? stay in school kid, and if you dropped out consider re-enrolling. your lack of education deeply concerns me user. lol

been able to take a break from pages because I have like 2 weeks saved up now, have a lot of time to work on my annual christmas animation

you call him a retard after showing everyone your shitty child doodling?

lol

Post work

see

I like the high framerate on the zombie, really makes him feel unnatural.

>40 minutes later

progress bump

did she lose her hand? cause thats pretty metal

I still can't believe you guys still have the drive to do what you do.

Would have though the state of the American comic industry would have turned you off from making comics, since they won't really let anyone who doesn't parrot what they say to have any voice.

no, just too tired to draw a decent hand.

More like too tired to draw decently at all.

>I'm surprised other people having opinions on popular media stops you guys from drawing pictures and uploading them on sites that host pictures people draw
Yeah. Shocker.

we at /hyw are the new vanguard

>he doesn't make money from his webcomic

You do it as a hobby, there's no other way. If you expect getting properly paid for it, you're in for a bad time.

besides reading comics, where can I learn "comics theory" outside of Scott McCloud's books? I especially need to learn more about panel layouts to compliment my story telling.

Read comics

Page 11 of Witchway's Witch for those who missed it last night.

witchwayswitch.com
tapas.io/series/witchwayswitch

>arm flapping noises twice
>even though it was already plural

The American comic industry is not the Global comic industry.
The Big Two aren't even the North American comic industry.

The internet gave a voice to those who had previously been voiceless.
Even before the internet, there were people choosing to work outside the mainstream comic industry, and without even having the intention of breaking into the comic industry at all.

Publishing to the web is just one more way of making your voice heard.
Webcomics are comics, no more, no less.

Clip Studio Paint is on sale for the next 5 days.
$25 Pro (Standard), $87 EX (Full Featured)

For most of you, the standard edition will be fine.
You know how to find it.

Not to nit pick but y'all could have put more effort into those environments , look at Steven universe and how much charm is in those environments I could see that much more effort going into this comic to really give it its own unique style and charm but you just went for the generic hobit houses? And the insides of them arnt that pleasing, like iv seen this before..

>Not to nit pick but y'all could have put more effort into making these panels different , look at Ctrl Alt Del and how much variety there is in those facial
expressions

>look at Steven universe and how much charm is in those environments
And how is anyone supposed to take this seriously?

Meh, if you don't have it you don't have it what can I say lol if you can't see how su has charm then your just a dumb shit.

Yeah, nice one.

Charm

Rick Ross: Charm

Mitch here.
I can assure you the lone window in the dirt hovel is not a Hobbit's House, but a home to mole people who spy on those who walk on that path.

I hope that clears up any confusion and adds another layer of charm to the backgrounds. If at all for any reason you feel as if there is a "charm deficiency" in the comic, please do not hesitate to speak out against it. Thank you very much for your feedback.

Charm...

...charm, now I'm not saying copy, not even saying to put that much detail but put more EFFORT into the visuals there's so many ways to make an appealing environment and one that fits your world you just gotta THINK. This webcomic world is a big place man you really gotta go that extra mile to ensure this is something worth it.

Ok ok that's cool yea I just look at your comic and I see somthing that could be "charming" you know have that su qualitie of charm not every comic needs "charming" environments but I really see yours as somthing along those lines

I am already can say that it's gonna be a huge pain in the ass, but I feel so refreshed by seeing this. One day, man, one day...

Those are illustrations, not comic panels, you dimwit. You might want to put that type of effort every so often into a spread or the beginning of a new chapter or something, but certainly not into a random background panel.

Good observation, I don't remember saying ya had to.... Lets take a look back at the last page posted shall we my bright freind. that last panel TO ME ,you know I don't have the best vision but it LOOKS like a panel with some environment and not just a random panel? Am I seeing this correctly ? feel free to correct me you know every artist has there own style so that panel might just be like a fucking grass monster or some shit right? Nope looks like an environment, sort of what I was talkin about the whole damn time, ya fuckin idiot. I posted those pics or example and becouse someone said su didn't have charm, I can't stand by while an idiot believe su doesn't have charm. come correct next time.

>I can't stand by while an idiot believe su doesn't have charm
>come correct next time
The irony is thick and rich.

Took fucking forever for the amount of detail i put in this bitch, also did all the lettering by hand this time.

1/2

romanpen.tumblr.com

or seth hambrick on fb

Them dirty looks........ Not sure if there's a punchline in here or not, but couldn't get this scenario out of my head. More of a slice of life type comedy i think.

2/2

I'm just going to point out the obvious mistakes on this first page.

The perspective in this first panel is way off. I'm not entirely sure, but I think you used 2-point perspective for what would have been 1-point.

I used the red lines to find the vanishing point. With that, you can see that the tiles on the floor don't line up at all.

Most importantly is how off the horizon line is, which I marked with a blue line. That's where everything should be diminishing to.

Perspective is nonexistent in panel 3. It looks like she's lying down on the floor. If you're unsure where the floor should be, you could always take a picture of the angle you're trying to draw to give you an idea.

In the last panel, the floor tiles are correct. But the store behind them is completely off. We're facing it straight on, but it seems to have its own set of vanishing points.

I also marked in blue some spots that you forgot to color in. In panel 3, I have no idea what that big block on the right is.

And you misspelled 'diamonds' in the first panel.

But hey, good effort in putting all the details that you did. Pushing yourself to do things too difficult for you is a way to learn about all your mistakes really fast.

Just remember that if you try something way too out of your depth, you'll end up frustrating yourself and may not learn anything from it.

I suggest reading Perspective! For Comic Book Artists.

Like we load I want to squirt in your face you dumb mother fucker

Just forget it I'm done I'm out im up up and away

sorry but who is the audience for this

>a home to mole people who spy on those who walk on that path.
This is great)

whoever wants to read it lol

sorry mate, and i really am sorry i hate shitting on people but i'd rather watch family guy than read this