Image Comics Thread

What are you guys reading? I'm really digging Royal City, and I'm hyped for VS, I love satirical comics

Stray Bullets
Royal City
Kill or be killed
Slots

How is Slots so far? I was thinking of picking up the first issue

I'm still on the Deadly Class train.

There's only 2 issues out, so it'll be easy to catch up. It's been good so far.

>reading Imageshit ever
Might as well read capeshit, at least they have editors.

>Redlands
>Royal City
>Black Science
>Redneck
>Paper Girls
>Atomahawk if that’s ongoing

I’m probably gonna read VS.

Image is better than Marvel and DC by a mile

>by a mile
More like marginally, almost all genrefiction is garbage and there's no point in discussing whether it's surface level garbage or bottom of the bin garbage.

Image is just a bunch of self-contained stories by different artists and writers, the quality is only dependent on your particular tastes.

Image is better by sheer virtue of having more variety. The comics aren't limited to a single genre, you don't need to worry about crossovers/reboots, and you just pick up whatever titles you want to read. Their artist-driven origins has also lead to a much greater variety of art-styles compared to the often bland and boring house style the vast majority of Marvel/DC comics have. I have far greater respect for publishers like Image and Dark Horse because their catalog are essentially creator-driven compared to the shambling corpses that are DC and Marvel.

Angelic
Casanova
Cry Havoc
Kill Six Billion Demons
Maestros
Manifest Destiny
Orc Stain
Paklis
Rock Candy Mountain
Rumble
Spy Seal
Stray Bullets
The Fix

This is stuff coming out monthly but also comics which I hope aren't dead yet.

As always I recommend Stray Bullets.
Also make sure to check out Rock Candy Mountain and Paklis, my favorite Image comics from this year.

Does anyone have a "best of all time" sort of list? I'm mostly looking for completed runs rather than ongoings and I want to try and find what are generally considered "must reads".

VS looks good, so is the final chapter of Multiple Warheads.
Right now it's Invincible, Saga and Maestros for me.

>Variety
Image is filled with fantasy and a handful of crime. Only Stray Bullets stands out. Where's the fucking variety?

The latest issue of the first comic you listed has a "WE" moment — the "shocking" last page.

How does that make you feel, user?

Unsurprised because nu-Spurrier

Yeah, he's the best.

Yeah, and cliched, derivative stories packed with ads

>almost all genrefiction is garbage

Back to /lit/

>what are you guys reading
nothing it´s all just sjw shit about how women are all superior compared to men and how all white men deserve to be killed of. not really my taste. and the general audience seems to agree judging by low sell numbers

>"I don't read comics"

>I don´t read sjw comics which happened to be 99% of the market right now
fixed that for you

>kill or be killed
My contemporary with an african lineage

Oh, sorry.
>"I don't read comics and am a retarded attention whore"

>I'm still on the Deadly Class train.
Would you recommend it? I've been enjoying Black Science, Tokyo Ghost and I'm getting into LOW.

ok give me some non sjw comics.
they should feature white male protagonists, zero mentions of leftwing propaganda and no scene were a no it all mary sue woman corrects the protagonists or easily defeats him

Azzarello's Moonshine, but careful, there's a black woman with a speaking role, it might make your head explode, you massive faggot.

ugly art and uninteresting setting at least for me.
next.
got anything scifi or fantasy related cuck?

>ugly art
Sometimes I wonder why I even bother.

so you don´t have any non sjw scifi or fantasy comics?
ok cuck

They only produce far leftywing propaganda for a long time now. I might buy something again once they drop the feminist and political crap.

>Atomahawk
If it's going to get anything else, at least.
>Old Guard
The first arc was kinda underwhelming, so I'm considering dropping it before the hiatus ends.
>God Complex
>Maestros
>Slots
>Family Trade
Haven't gotten around to reading the second issues of these yet. Considering dropping The Family Trade because the art isn't as interesting as I assumed from the cover and the politics, but I dig the world building so I'm going to stick with it for an arc unless something really bad comes up.
>Moonshine
>Curse Words
>Port of Earth
>Rock Candy Mountain
>The Gravediggers Union
>The Realm
>Violent Love
I'm getting everything Remender, The Fix and various other titles that I didn't jump on when they started in trades. Been thinking about picking of Savage Town, and was hoping to get some opinions on it.

Issue 14 is gonna be dope, Dylan's throwing down with the mob

Whomst /BlackMondayMurders/ here?

>royal city
>black science
>regression
>maestros
>the fix
>deadly class
>manifest destiny
>extremity
>god complex
>rumble
>southern bastards
>kill or be killed
>black Monday murders
>low
>walking dead
>paper girls
>Saga
>snotgirl
>east of west
>descender
>outcast

Probably some more I’m forgettinf

I love image

Spent the night reading Vaughan's Paper Girls. I'm in love.

>reading Remender

The fuck are you talking about? There's a shitload of different genres. Hell, there's probably more sci-fi than fantasy so it's quite telling that you conveniently forgot that.

Image isn't like the Big 2, the comics can be as different as they want with no editorial mandates