Were webcomics ever good?

Were webcomics ever good?
What are some of the notable webcomics that stand as a complete self-sufficient work and aren't a complete mess?

Other urls found in this thread:

webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子
keitai-project.wikia.com/wiki/Keit-Ai_Project_Wiki
fanfiction.net/s/7950479/1/Cellphones
fictionpress.com/s/3206139
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=k4xGqY5IDBE
myanimelist.net/anime/32281/Kimi_no_Na_wa
forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/11/08/kimi-no-na-wa-makes-oscar-consideration-list-for-best-animated-feature/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-28/your-name-anime-film-earns-19.4-billion-yen-to-surpass-princess-mononoke/.109255
madman.com.au/news/your-name-wins-best-animated-film-at-the-los-angeles-critics-awards/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-17/shinkai-your-name-becomes-no.1-japanese-film-in-china-of-all-time/.110044
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-19/shinkai-your-name-becomes-no.1-japanese-film-in-thailand-of-all-time/.110097
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-06/shinkai-your-name-film-opens-at-no.1-in-s-korea/.110606
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-05/shinkai-your-name-jumps-41-percent-in-box-office-from-last-weekend/.110671
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_anime_films
comicbook.com/anime/2017/01/16/kimi-no-na-wa-becomes-highest-grossing-anime-film-ever/
animetourism.lab-kadokawa.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=4NShEKYoPXw
brainchip.thecomicseries.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dr. McNinja.
Great
Has an ending
Writer good enough he now writes for big 2 comic books.

Oglaf

Any webcomics like the original one punch man, or just superheros in general

A boy falls in love with a girl. He is mysteriously gifted with her phone number. He calls her and finds out that she likes him as well. But the next day, she doesn't remember the confession. The girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn’t exist in this universe at all. She is the girl’s alternate universe counterpart, who likes his own alternate self. Hijinks ensue as the two tell each other their darkest secrets to conquer the hearts of their other selves.

See: webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825

The fan fiction is better.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子

Threadly reminder that it has been made into a wiki, a fanfic, a fictionpress story, a manga, a meme, a TV tropes entry, an anime preview, an anime episode, an honest-to-goodness anime movie that's Oscar considered, and a critically acclaimed box office success that's the highest grossing anime film of all time and approved by Shinzo Abe and Cool Japan, so stop talking about it.

keitai-project.wikia.com/wiki/Keit-Ai_Project_Wiki
fanfiction.net/s/7950479/1/Cellphones
fictionpress.com/s/3206139
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=k4xGqY5IDBE
myanimelist.net/anime/32281/Kimi_no_Na_wa
forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/11/08/kimi-no-na-wa-makes-oscar-consideration-list-for-best-animated-feature/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-28/your-name-anime-film-earns-19.4-billion-yen-to-surpass-princess-mononoke/.109255
madman.com.au/news/your-name-wins-best-animated-film-at-the-los-angeles-critics-awards/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-17/shinkai-your-name-becomes-no.1-japanese-film-in-china-of-all-time/.110044
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-19/shinkai-your-name-becomes-no.1-japanese-film-in-thailand-of-all-time/.110097
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-06/shinkai-your-name-film-opens-at-no.1-in-s-korea/.110606
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-05/shinkai-your-name-jumps-41-percent-in-box-office-from-last-weekend/.110671
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_anime_films
comicbook.com/anime/2017/01/16/kimi-no-na-wa-becomes-highest-grossing-anime-film-ever/
animetourism.lab-kadokawa.com/

Iki wo tomemasu yappa kurushii desu
Iki wo suimasu san ni ichi
Demo kurushii desu yappa kurushii desu
Kimi ga koko ni inai no wa nande da

Iki ga dekimasu boku ikitemasu
Ikite iru noni samishii.
Demo ikitemasu waratte ikitemasu
Kimi ga koko ni inai noni nande...?

Nee waratte ii yo nee naite mo ii yo
Nee okotte ii yo suki ni natte ii yo
Nee KISU shite ii yo nee daite mo ii yo
Nee kimi dake no boku ni shite kurete ii yo

KIMI ni aemasu ATASHI ureshii desu
Ikite iru kara samishii.
Toki wo tomemasu toka itte mimasu
"Douka" to negaimasu unteach....

Nee waratte ii no? Nee naite mo ii no?
Nee okotte ii no? Suki ni natte ii no?
Nee KISU shite ii no? Nee daite mo ii no?
ATASHI dake no KIMI ni shite mo ii no kana...

Nee waratte ii yo nee naite mo ii yo
Nee okotte ii yo suki ni natte ii yo
Nee KISU shite ii yo nee daite mo ii yo
Nee kimi dake no boku ni shite kurete ii yo

"Waratteru." "KIMI datte"
"Naiteru no?" "Kimi datte"
"Suki da yo" "Boku datte"
"Mata aeru yo." "Matteru"

Matteru.

youtube.com/watch?v=4NShEKYoPXw

Is it just me or is there a sudden increase in keit ai posting.
I passed it off as coincidence at first but this one seems completely unrelated to the topic of the thread

The OP is a faggot

Grrl Power is great

Scary Go Round / Bad Machinery
A Redtail's Dream and SSSS
TJ and Amal

There's a couple over on /hyw/ that are fairly good

One can't usually shitpost about good webcomics so nonoe ever talks about them.
Even Ksbd threads get slower and slower because everyone just reads and aprechiates it

It Hurts

>Nedroid
>Whomp
Seriously OP?

The entire Overside Saga
Rice Boy, Order of Tales and Vattuu are supreme fantasy comics.

8-Bit Theater

Nobody's brought up Brawl in the Family.

Shame on all of you.

Achewood

Also:
Copper
Digger
Octopus Pie
When I am King

Ongoing:
Mare Internum
Scurry
Stand Still, Stay Silent

i remember that was pretty good

Narbonic currently stands as my gold standard for long-form comics. Until I read it, I had never seen a comic that was A) so consistently funny and enjoyable, and B) able to take a long-running set of storylines about the same set of characters and wrap it up into such a neat and emotionally-satisfying bow that you would swear the author wrote the whole story in one sitting.

It also was one of the inspirations behind my favorite World of Darkness fansplat, so there's that too.

Katie Rice (Camp Weedonwantcha and Skadi) has a great track record, actually getting out consistent updates twice a week with only a few instances of missing a day, and even if she does she'll often upload a panel apologizing for the delay instead of just shutting up.
Honestly she's wasted on webcomics.

Despite the author's other... less positive work, I feel Problem Sleuth still stands as the best webcomic ever made. Or at least my favorite.

Nedroid
Erma

That's all I follow

I'm glad you asked! I just read this nugget of genius a few days ago. It's about a dopey average guy who gets an experimental procedure for a chip that lets him mind-meld with versions of himself from other dimensions. Don't be turned off by the simple art, the writing more than makes up for it.

brainchip.thecomicseries.com/

One of the best comics I've ever read. It could easily be a book or a movie.

She had a terrible track record with that towards the end of Skadi.

minus is another work of genius, but it's more like a really good newespaper comic than a tight and well-realized narrative like Transdimensional Brain Chip. Both of these are less than 200 pages long and well worth a look.

these all suck

Alfie

Unsounded n°1 on the list, my favorite webcomic.

>Were webcomics ever good?
No.

I'd say Order of the Stick, but I haven't read it in about two years.

1/0 was great