Does the Hulk have an interesting rogues gallery?

Who has the best one in marvel comics?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=URN7OPlDawU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hard mode: no Spider-Man

Spider-Man no question

Than captain America

>Red skull
>and like 5 other nazis

Am I missing someone?

X-Men

>you will never HULK betty ross in front of thunderbolt ross

I'm not that familiar with Hulk in general, but I suspect Hulk is one of those characters who have plenty of compelling villains, but nobody uses them, causing casuals to brainlessly meme that they suck, which leads to nobody using them. Vicious cycles are a bitch.

MODOK
Batroc the Leaper
Crossbones
The Serpent Society

The X-Men, but since it's a team book it doesn't really count.

>This is the current state of Sup Forums

His villains get used all the time, just casuals don't read any of his comics and they didn't get used in the 70's show

My opinion best rogue gallery

1. Captain america
2. Fantastic four
3. Spider-man
4. X-men
5. Iron-man
6. Doctor strange
7. Hulk

Sup Forums is the only board whose users will proudly show off how fucking casual they are

replace IM with thor

Daredevil's enemies get underrated. People just assume his gallery consists of two groups:

>Kingpin, Bullseye, The Hand and other edgy Miller shit
>Stiltman, Leap-Frog, Matador and corny Lee shit

When in fact, there is a group of villains existing kind of inbetween those two, they are fairly interesting but get used rarely because people don't remember anything from Vol 1 besides Lee and Miller

>Owl
>Gladiator
>Mr Fear
>Typhoid Mary
>Waid's originals like Ikari and Coyote

This guy.

>scientist ahead of his time in the roman empire
>gets banished to subterranean caves
>becomes emperor of the mole people and the fountain of youth
>SEDUCES and kidnaps betty ross
>tell the hulk to do a bunch of chores to get her back
>mole man steals his fountain of youth
>teleports the hulk against his will into mole man's domain
>steals his fountain back

and
>in a later comic, uses technology to trigger the Hulk into rampages

The Chad Tyrannus, The Virgin Hulk

There's something great about villains that were introduced super early into a hero's carreer, but often got forgotten due to bigger names that came later

better than normal ross

Responded to the wrong post.
but holy shit I wish they used gladiator more, he's at that place where he works well as a villain and ally

This. Like Zarrko for Thor.

Fantastic Four's rogues are so good they outshine the actual FF.
Especially when you consider all the cosmic characters/groups who were first introduced in FF.

He was legitimately scary in the cartoon.

Am I the only one who likes it when it's just Hulk vs the army or some other military group? Especially if they bring things like mechs, advanced vehicles, or super soldiers. It's just fun to see him wreck everything, and the old; "On the run from the government", story still works even though it's been done to death so many times.

I thought Captain America's enemies were a rare mix of threats to the US and darker takes on Steve Rogers.

Fantastic Four have the best villains, they mostly set up the cosmic side of Marvel

He has mutant frog Hulk from Russia, Supergenius janitor nerd, Mr Hyde, Evil Fabio, Evil Fantasric Four, sentient lightning, ancient Roman scientist, and a Frenchman made of concrete.

Things get a little sketchy from there.

After 9/11, the USA was his antagonist in a lot of books

Which makes no sense because nobody in America was a threat. The mass shooters blew their own brains out, while the cable news networks were too busy fighting among each other for the title of "Most Trustworthy News". Honestly, Cap had his work cut out for him in America.

Obviously Fantastic Four.

The Govt

Without Spiderman, the X-Men have the best villains.

Cap would be more angry at the PMC for acting like they're above the law in the Middle East. Bush was way too friendly and doing his best to run the country during it's darkest times. He's not really the criminal mastermind that Liberals portray him as.

This

What the fuck Mary has been up to? She would be a great foe for various Street Level/Mid Tier heroes.

Howard the Duck

Spiderman no doubt one-- although Thor's rogue gallery is highly underrated

Loki
Hela
Malekith
Enchantress
Surtur
Frost Giants/Trolls/Dark Elves
Gorr (fuck you, it's a fantastic arc)
Mangog
Kurse
Angela
Cul "The Serpent" Borson
Norn Queen
Midgard Serpent

Cap/X-Men probably next

Outside of Leader and Abomination, most of them are either rehashes of either (Madman, Ravage, basically any asshole who wants to empower himself), or barely fit Hulk on a thematic level (Glazier, Mercy, the U-Foes).

The only other ones that could be used fine are Halflife and Zzzax, and that's mostly because they're the only ones that could give Hulk a hard time defeating. Maestro also works, but you can't really do a lot of stories with him.

Starr Saxon was a big deal when he was first introduced. Made a killer robot and quickly figured out that Murdock was Daredevil. Then he became a Captain America/Avengers villain.

They're underrated because normies and critics don't appreciate paganism. A good Thor would be high fantasy like Tolkein in terms of world building.

Never saw the 70s show. What kind of antagonists did they use in it?

Hot take: Spider mans villains are overrated

Fantastic Four and X men have better villains than him and I'd argue Captain America has better villains as well.
FF and Cap's especially don't get enough time to shine in multiple books

The best groups of villains for heroes in marvel pretty much goes like this

>Spider-Man
>Fantastic Four
>X-men
>Hulk
>Daredevil
>Thor
>Avengers
>Iron Man
>Dr.Strange

Anyone else probably doesn't have that many villains or they're kinda trash. Hulk actually has an ok rogues gallery, but most are just monsters. Marvel's space/cosmic has great villains, but most aren't really in one heroes rogues gallery. Infact, Id put the cosmic villains pretty high on the list, but they're all over the place with who they generally fight.

Liking Captain America makes you a casual

That's not Doom, right?

>Sup Forums is the only board whose users will proudly show off how fucking casual they are
Sup Forums doesn't even watch movies

the biggest problem of x-men villains is how often their villains end up getting reformed, or become antiheroes, or morally grey, or they are even former heroes.

I have no idea if Exodus is a villain right now for example. last time he was seen he saved Magneto from dying by teleporting Elixir to heal Magneto's wound.

>joining thread late opinion

Fantastic Four> X-Men> Spider-Man> Thor> Hulk =Cap. At this point I think we get into shitty Avengers villains

Marvel is Spider-Man
DC is Batman

>forgetting
>Lorielle
>Skurge
>Fenrir
>Jotunn

Never mind the fact that when Thor interacts with the cosmic entities he does so better than most other characters. He has much better encounters with Ego or the The Ancients of the Universe than any other characters do (unless you really like the F4)

Hulk has a few good villains like Leader and Abomination, who are mostly under-used, but for a hero who's been around since the 1960s, there aren't that many classic villains.

For solo heroes, Spider-Man easily has the best gallery of villains at Marvel.
Probably Captain America next. Maybe Thor, because taking characters from the mythology helps there.
Iron Man had a solid gallery of villains, but most of them ended up obsolete because the Cold War ended, or because Stark kept upgrading and they didn't.

For teams, it's X-Men, but the Morrison-era "mutants suddenly number in the millions" really hurt the "evil mutant" side of their rogues gallery. Then the Decimation hit mutant villains worse than heroes all over again.

>Marvel is Spider-Man
clearly wrong, F4 kick started the majority of the Marvel universe and because of that they have the best villains

I feel that's because writers interpret X-Men villains as outcasts of society who were wronged and wanted to lash out. Many of them like Magneto and Apocalypse work better as classic villains with pretty good theatrics.

Yeah. I know this might sound a bit edgy, but I love it when they bring obscure and almost forgotten villains back and up their vileness a notch to make them a credible threat again.

This has been a problem for decades, but it really got worse after the Decimation, because mutants were endangered, there was no sense in them fighting amongst themselves, so all the old villains were potential allies now, and Magneto has been one of the X-Men for around a decade now.

And the X-Men's constant willingness to work with murderous terrorists because they're "fellow mutants" just makes them look bad to everyone else.

That's the Hulk I grew up with. For some reason as a kid I thought that Hulk's only enemy was the US military. I must have had a very selective collection of Hulk stories back then.

>Many of them like Magneto work better as classic villains with pretty good theatrics.
pleb

Magneto really needs the theatrics to convey that he's a Holocaust survivor who wants to carve out his own paradise for Mutantkind so that they won't be hurt again. What's the point of rocking the helmet, suit and cape if he doesn't act larger than life?

oops, should say he always should have good theatrics. Just always a villain that you can understand the motivation for.

Fantastic Four is second only to Spider-Man
-Dr. Doom
-Galactus
-Skrulls
-Blastaar
-Impossible Man
-Puppet Master
-Sub Mariner (occasionally)
-Frightful Four

How are people saying Spider-Man has a better rogue gallery than F4? I mean, he has more, but almost all of them are throw away.

Not true.
Sup Forums and Sup Forums do the same

They really do have a better rogues gallery, it's just that Marvel is petty when handling the F4.

ez pz

oh please

the joke is he's his own worst villain and he has a ton of them

You it would even make sense if the story got meta and there was just some kind of military industrial complex conspiracy using the Hulk as an excuse to keep inflating military black budgets to create all sorts of mechs and super soldier and experiment their capabilities with the Hulk. Because they secretly know and acknowledge the Hulk is less of a active threat like an enemy and something passive that needs to be managed like an animal.

Basically telling the public "Oh yeah, the Hulk destroys things and we're doing something about it" but it's really "we're just throwing stuff at the Hulk to aggro him out of civilian areas where he can do damage and also test out latest military equipment against him since Hulk's enemies are usually the ones we actually need to use the deadly force."

Different scales and threat levels. Spider-Man has interesting characters to be pitted against who are great examples of the super villain archetypes... Fantastic Four has bigger, greater threats that can't be handled by one team member alone.

every ep of the Bixby/Ferrigno show was follows
>Banner hitchhikes somewhere
>nice person helps him out in a small way
>Banner finds out some thug/mook is bothering person who helped him out
>Banner gets caught up in the problems
>Banner gets attacked, Hulks out, scares bad-guys into leaving nice person alone
>Banner hitchhikes out of town

I get that, but not many people know Spider Man villains beyond Goblin/Osborn, Doc Ock, Kingpin (though everyone thinks of his as a DD villain, who is he now), most other Spider-Man villains are just randoms that don't matter. They may be cool , but aren't significant

Are there any Hulk stories with this premise? Because now I really want read that.

>Lorielle
Lorelei
>Jotunn
Who?

Thor and celestials go way back, he has the best stories and the most epic villains, so obviously he stands at the top with the best, most of the other characters villains haven't been updated since the 80s.

my favorite "reformed" villain is Trevor Fitzroy, the super evil time traveler.

He isn't reformed, but we get to see in PAD's X-Factor that Trevor (in the future) used to be a super hero, and he only became evil because he was resurrected without a soul, losing his morality and conscience.

I think Claremont wanted to make Selene a hero btw. No X-Men villain is free from the risk of redemption.

and here you have him as a hero in the future, before going crazy from being resurrected without a soul

fucking Absorbing Man you dipshits

Marvel fucking blows, so this is like asking "Which character takes the least smelly shits?"

Spider-mans villains are kinda lame though. Seriously, every goblin story is the same.

Read a fucking comic

Nah it's what I made up. That's what I'd do if I found myself having to write a Hulk book. Haha, call the arc The Military-Hulk-Complex.

Honestly, Daredevil.

I would pick Xmen, buuuuuuut half their rogues end up in an infinite loop of joining the Xmen and going back to crime.

Probably the X Men take the least smelly shits.

Ronan.

He does, actually.

>Abomination
>Leader
>Maestro
>Bibeast
>Wendigo
>Hulkbusters
>Rhino (technically Spider-Man, but a great foil for Hulk)

Iron Man actually has a good gallery, but no one wants to use them because all the current writers think Tony's only foes are alcohol and Captain America.

>Red Skull
>Crossbones
>Baron Zemo
>Arnim Zola
>Secret Society
>Baron Blood
>Flag Smasher
>Serpent Society
>Batroc Ze Leaper

Get out of my face with that horseshit.

The statement of an idiot.

explain how rhino is a foil to the hulk

So he never fought any monsters or superpowered villains? Sounds lame.

He fought a bear once

youtube.com/watch?v=URN7OPlDawU

No, there were a couple of episodes that involved evil scientists that usually had something resembling a monster fight.

Most of Hulk's physical enemies tend to simply be stronger than him. With the Rhino, usually his stories have him simply as more persistent than Hulk's usual opponents, despite a strength gap. On top of that, I like how their stories use Rhino's momentum as a way for him to match the Hulk instead of just brute strength, such as charging.

>Forgetting about Master Man and Warrior Woman.

For shame

Oops! I meant to comment on the Captain America list.

F4 villains/side characters are so good that they go as far as building the entire cosmic side of Marvel.

F4,Thor,Strange’s are criminally underrated since their rogue gallery practically builds the marvel universe.

TFW you could make an X-Men team only with ex terrorists and murderers, perhaps more than one team.

Weapon X right now has Sabretooth, who used to be a cannibal and rapist, and lady Deathstrike

fucking casual

Indestructible Hulk #11-15 he had a sweet team up

Who did he rape?

This. Especially the Fantastic Four. They have some of the absolute best villains in Marvel.

>Dr. Doom
>Galactus
>Annihilus
>The Wizard
>Diablo
>Maximus the Mad, initially
>Mole Man

They also had Namor as a villain for a while, which I really miss. Namor made for a really good all-hero villain. I enjoyed seeing him face FF, Avengers, Hulk, and Daredevil all through just how spanning his goals were.

>Read all comics ever so you can identify any panel at any time

How 'bout you go fuck yourself thanks for reading

raped and murdered logan's girlfriend Silver Fox in Logans birthday