ITT: We post former top tier love interests who have been ret-conned and rewritten into dislikability

ITT: We post former top tier love interests who have been ret-conned and rewritten into dislikability

pic VERY related

All of Spider-man's, really.

Gwen being a bitch isn't a retcon.

>ret-conned and rewritten into dislikability
What? If anything it's the complete opposite for Gwen, they always write her like she's some kind of angel but back when she was alive she was kind of a bitch and was boring as hell.

Fpbp

I was referencing the shilled Miles romance to be fair

It's not her fault they didn't give her characterization. And she was innocent.

Even then it still doesn't count, that Gwen was from a separate universe, and that didn't last at all.

gwen was only good because it was temporary

to me, gwen being dead works as good as uncle ben: it's part of what makes peter parker develops into our beloved spider-man

I like her when she's called Gwenpool

Gwen was a bitch for the first 10 or so issues of her debut, and then became an overbearing daddy's girl. The problem is that they keep writing her in a good light, when she was far from perfect even back then. Sure, Uncle Ben gets romanticized too, but he atleast benefitted from no real panel time, so you can fill in the blanks.

Hence why she was killed off. Not because of tragedy or shock factor, well ok maybe a little of that. But the real reason they didn't know what to do with Gwen, most people really found her uninteresting and they all preferred it if the much more popular Mary Jane Watson was Peter's main love interest.

Man how times have changed.

i don’t mind gwen stacy being retconned into an angel or a more interesting character: but she needs to die. it is an important part of spider-man

>didn’t last

Do you think they’ll revisit it again? IIRC they acted like they could try and push it again if they wanted to

I think the Amzing Spider-Man 2 combined with Soider-Gwen have made people realize what Gwen COULD have been instead of what she WAS in the comics originally

I personally think it’s be really cool if they visited an AU where she lived, or another AU where actual Peter Spider man meets Spider Gwen and they have a thing for a while

That’s what should have happened instead of the Miles arc desu

Was she supposed to be likable in the first place? She never came off as a likable person to me, she just seemed to like peter because he never paid attention to her cuz she was a jerk to him at first.

pretty much, what a bad feel.

I'm so fucking tired of normies pretending they know or care about anything to do with Gwen other than her death

So right it hurts.
What's worse is it's spreading to the rest of the cast as well
>Harry jumped ship and gave PI goods to Liz
>Liz herself has turned into a full-on villain

I think the amazing spider-man Gwen and spectacular Gwen was the best.

Every single LI from Marvel. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

So true it makes me sad

No, but her having an affair with Norman Osborne and also hating Peter Parker for killing her are.

I think it's fair to assume Slott's retcon silently retconned Sins Past at least.

I doubt it. They might not mention it again, but that doesn't necessarily mean it isn't canon anymore. Gabriel Stacy still exists, in any case.

God that arc was dreadful, reminds me of that retcon arc that DC ran where Dick Grayson cheats on Starfire with Barbara Gordon the night before his wedding

So completely out of character

>Liz herself has turned into a full-on villain
Has she? After Secret Wars she seems to be back to ruthless but otherwise civilian mode and Normie is noticeably less Child of The Corn.
It's really confusing.

>ITT: we expose how casual we are
>pic VERY related
fixd

Steve Trevor is the most PUSH characters in history.

Unironically this, OP probably ships Dick/Babs too