The Shadow #4 storytime

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows!

Sassy Latina Shadow edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/ig11eExG
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Darryl is a real jerk.

Even if this story wasn't hot garbage this art is so terrible it kills everything.

I only saw other Shadow comics and Red Sonja from Dynamite, it's below the average Dynamite quality art-wise, isn't it.

>The Shadow may be forced to admit that perhaps - just perhaps - he no longer knows...
kek

>I only saw other Shadow comics and Red Sonja from Dynamite, it's below the average Dynamite quality art-wise, isn't it.

Having seen a lot of Dynamite comics, this is mid-level art for Dynamite.

The recent Shadow x Batman crossover says the same thing.
Man, Shadow's been pretty off his game these days. He doesn't seem to know anything anymore

It's so cringy when American writers keep inserting random spanish words into a character's dialogue to remind us their are mexicans
As if that's what we talked like.
Either have them speak a full sentence in spanish or not at all. It's obnoxious.

So I jumped off this Shadow series after the first issue, what did I miss? I heard something about "The Shadow vs. Trump".
>Was the burn victim in the first issue confirmed to be Cranston/Allard?
>What's the deal with Sassy Latina Shadow?

Not much, some older agents made a cameo, sisters got jumped by racist gang wearing Shadow insignia and agents helped to deal with them.
Shadow vs Trump will probably take place in issue 6, the last one (cancelled after #1 and Spurrier now pretends it was always going to be a mini).

>>Was the burn victim in the first issue confirmed to be Cranston/Allard?

Yes

>What's the deal with Sassy Latina Shadow?

New agent I think.

The only other thing you missed is that in this miniseries' continuity, The Shadow is able to slow the aging of his agents. So Margo, Jericho, Shreevy, and others show up.

This is so shit. I could write a better Shadow story in 30 minutes.

>The only other thing you missed is that in this miniseries' continuity, The Shadow is able to slow the aging of his agents.
So this is isolated from Dynamite's other Shadow books? Like a reboot that doesn't mention the events of the other comics?

I would read it in a heartbeat if you did. Anything to cleanse my mind from this.

>So this is isolated from Dynamite's other Shadow books? Like a reboot that doesn't mention the events of the other comics?

They've always done that. Wagner's stuff doesn't exactly acknowledge any of the other Shadow stories. Chaykin did his own thing set in the 50's which is in-continuity with the stuff he set up in his 80's miniseries. And there's no way you can put Masks and Uslan's Shadow/Green Hornet stories in the same universe.

The writer is a yurokebab, you dirty brown shit.

The Shadow has not had any prevalent continuity since the pulp stories from the 30s/40s. Dynamite always does this.
I admit that the idea of The Shadow's agents also somehow not aging is actually quite original and, under a good story, you could do a lot developing the circumstances as to how they didn't age, or why.
Is it a side-effect of The Shadow's abilities or presence ? Did they choose to not age or did The Shadow somehow curse them into the same immortality he has ? Do all of them approve of this ? Did they ever try to reverse this ? Did The Shadow do it by accident ? Is it actually The Shadow who made them immortal or was it someone like Shiwan Khan or the Voodoo Master trying to turn the agents against their boss ? How did their lives change ? How did they react to the times changing ? And so on.
Unfortunately this is not a good story and it's not treating the agents as anything other than props for an agenda so none of these questions will likely be answered

Well since I'm here and I wanted to do at least one Shadow storytime this month I'm gonna do a brief story by Matt Wagner he did for The Shadow 100

The inclusion of Princeton as Lamont Cranston's college here is actually quite significant because it's been theorized that The Shadow studied at Princeton University prior to WW1 and everything else. So maybe it's possible that, in Matt Wagner's timeline, Kent Allard and Lamont Cranston met at Princeton and this is how they became aware of each other.

I'd also like to mention it is canon to the pulps that Lamont Cranston (the real one) inherited his fortune. It's a really, really minor detail, only mentioned once in a passage in House of Shadows, so I think Matt Wagner once again deserves props for actually doing his research on the character

And that's a wrap.
I hope I helped to at least cleanse off the bad taste of the other comic.

pastebin.com/ig11eExG

So many Dynamite books have time travel story arcs that I like to think that these continuity errors are just the fallout from time travel shenanigans. Like:
>The Shadow first met The Green Hornet in "The Shadow/Green Hornet" miniseries, but then they first met again in the Masks miniseries.
You could just say "Yeah, but X character went back in time and fucked with the timestream" and then problem solved.

Very nice; sort, brief with a little mystery and satisfying.