Justice League to lose upwards of $100 million

JUST

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-china-box-office-justice-league-20171024-story.html
youtube.com/watch?v=7rue2ho60hk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We already had this thread when that article came out 3 days ago

It blows my mind that this did so badly.

What the fuck happened?

after 3 bad movies and 1 that was just ok, people have given up on the DCEU.

You can't insult and meme your way into garnering an audience?

WB happened

Every other movie the brand put out (with the odd exception of Wonder Woman) was polarizing at best, and all that negative word of mouth hurt the opening.
Additional negative reactions reduced the amount of people who would watch it in subsequent weeks.

"Fool me twice, shame on me".

Apparently it's doing really well in China

latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-china-box-office-justice-league-20171024-story.html

The DCEU is the Transformers of capeshit

Hahahahahahaha

WB tried rushing up to Marvel. That's literally it. You can blame Whedon all day long, but at the end of said day, the truth is they hired Whedon because WB wanted to replicate Marvel. If you blame Whedon you're essentially shitting on him for doing his job. He didn't choose to take on Snyder's work, he was asked to by higher up executives. This movie, and the DCCU, was doomed from the start because of thirst for more money and competitiveness.

Fellow DC fans...we must petition WB to hire Bay to save the universe.

How embarrassing is it to spend time campaigning for a big budget corporate superhero movie?

You have to be the king of corporatedrones

China only gets about one American movie a year.

>Geoff Johns touched it

>we must petition WB to hire Bay to save the universe.

KE-LEL NO

It's a decent result, but it's nowhere close to Transformers money. China ain't gonna save this movie.

Actually it's about 40, but you can get around that restriction by shooting scenes in China or hiring Chinese actors. That's why you've started seeing more movies randomly have a Chinese dude show up or go to China; it guarantees they can access the Chinese market.

Thats decent but nowhere near something like Transformers or Warcraft. The article even mentions that it is less than what BvS did over there.

>I-is Johns fault!

Why they hired this guy 3 failures in a row? Why they gave him a fucking tentpole????

they didn't want to compromise his vision. WB actually respects its creators, unlike some other studios.

>It blows my mind that this did so badly.
>What the fuck happened?
Negative brand equity.

because he makes them money. same reason why Michael Bay directed 3 more movies after Transformers: Revenge of the Rotten Tomatoes.

>WB actually respects its creators

>they didn't want to compromise his vision.
Nice bait but true Snyderfags also hate WB for cutting down his films' runtime for theaters and insist the director's cuts are the true versions.

So what does Warner do now? They'll struggle to break even it seems, so what can they do without the money for their tentpole film? Can they cancel this universe? WILL they?

Which is why Suicide Squad was recut by a trailer company, George Miller is suing for residuals on Mad Max Fury Road and all of Snyder's films have extended directors cuts that """fix""" the movie?

DELET THIS AND YOUR LIFE, SWEETIE.

>So what does Warner do now?
Same thing they do every night, Pinky. Fall back on just making Batman movies.

>Even with all the positive press before release and that Marvel should be scared, it still made less than Thor there

release Aquaman
make Wonder woman 2
?????
profit

There were only like ten other people when I went last night, all but one of them showing up late, so that doesn't surprise me

>B-but muh breaking records in uma delicia

well ATT can spin off time warner and let disney buy it. fuck it, let marvel dominate the comic book industry.

>So what does Warner do now?

Revenge of the Mustache

>Can they cancel this universe?
Yes.

>WILL they?
No.
It will be a "soft cancelation." The universe will be pushed to the wayside, it will focus on Wonder Woman and Aquaman if they work and they'll simply avoid mentioning the Justice League in their solo films.
And then we'll get a new Joker and a new Batman and films that will conflict with Suicide Squad and no one will say something.
A loose heard of solo films with crossovers, but no coherent universe.

>with all the positive press
>Dozens of twitter comments saying that's barely better than BvS
>critc embargo
>trailers mocked by everyone
>positive press

It was a fucking nightmare from start

do some solo movies, hope they're received well and then maybe try justice league again while pretending this one didn't happen.

>A loose heard of solo films with crossovers, but no coherent universe.
That's what I ever wanted, and without Hack Snyder bullshit.

I liked the scenes where superman bodied everyone, but that was it

Call me soft, but he kinda inspired me to be a better person

dcucks on suicide watch hhahahahaha

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HOLY FUCK

Chad MCU and Virgin DCEU when?

>WB actually respects its creators

With no "shared universe" building to a big Avengers-style payoff, stuff like Shazam, Green Lantern, Flash, Cyborg will all be softly cancelled.

You're going to get an Aquaman trimmed to remove any JL reference, a WW2 sequel that will try it's luck with no Pine, and lots and regular infusions of Batman and his rogues.

Wander Brothers won't let DC form DC Studios like Marvel did -- ergo there will never be a good DC universe of films.
Changing tack right now would be a sign of weakness, admitting FAILURE! And that sort of thing costs executives their jobs!
Clearly is the the properties that are the problems, not the suit at Warner Brother who wanted to reinvent them in ways that have been roundly mocked by audiences and critics alike, and then doubled down on.

Negative word of mouth that has been building up for years at this point, long enough for it to finally have seeped into Normie-Space where the general public can notice it.
Wonder Woman being well received wasn't nearly enough to counteract it.

....ice league

because the person hiring him was his wife

Has GL started production?

Nothing has been produced except Aquaman.
WB was holding it's breath to see if JL went the way of BvS.

Hilariously, a BvS performance is way out of reach of JUSTice League. I doubt anyone at the company had a plan in place for this catastrophe.

Hook up with Tecent to make either a Great Ten franchise, or a New Superman frachise (though Kenan is still in his infancy) strictly for the Chinese market, and not bother with the West.

>part two

How many times is it normal to see a film in theatres?

I've never seen a film in theatres more than once and these retards want people to go six fucking times? That's like £50. It cost approximately £1600 to remove each individual hair on Cavill's face.

Buying 6 tickets will give WB enough money to remove 1/32 of a hair on Cavill's face.

HETERO PATRIARCHY YOUR DAYS OF REIGN ARE OVER

China isn't that hot for Superhero antics, too much challenging of social order/authority.

Asia in general wants big Science Fiction/Fantasy stuff, not superguys in tights.

>we do Batman
>WW was good, we keep her as a love interest
>Harley was popular, we keep her as a villain
There, done.

I can count the number of times I've seen a movie twice in the theater on one hand and I've only seen one movie three times there.

China wants wizards, magic pirates, and monsters.

Once

That may be the saddest bit of social media desperation I've ever seen. "W-we know it's got serious problems, but they're on the r-right track now! It only took them three tries!"

Well, I'm a fan of these characters too, and the best thing *I* can think to do for them is hope and pray that WB's little cinematic abortion crashes and burns so thoroughly that they'll just STOP making these for a year or three or five and come back when they've decided to actually do the characters justice (sorry, that really WAS unintentional) with a director that isn't embarrassed by the source material and looking to make a name as an "auteur" after a series of belly-flops bankrolled by his wife.

they don't care if you watch the movie, they only care that you bought the ticket

>WW was good, we keep her as a love interest
Wonderbat shippers get out

I've been a HUGE DC fan since I was a kid and I've paid to see this movie 0 times

that should say something, but WB is pretending not to hear

Can I just send them cash instead of watching this shit 5 more times?

No one buys a fucking movie ticket just to not watch the movie, are you fucking mental?

I'm a big fan of Superhero movies, and I bought another ticket to Ragnarok, slipped over and chuckled through JUSTice League with some buddies.

It makes no sense to me to live in a world where the Avengers are more popular than the Justice League.

This crossover was not that long ago and the Avengers were minor league compared to the JLA's star power, plus the JLA had their own successful TV show.

Now all these Avengers have been in movies and Thor beat the JLA. It makes no sense.

never ever in a million years would I ever think that a live action Justice League movie would lose money and yet here we are.

I got a ticket for Justice League this Saturday and i might just use it to sneak into Three Billboards instead

>It makes no sense.
It does if you consider that the movies are terrible and DC has no real plan

kek, DCucks are:

People knew it was by the same guy who made BvS so they decided to skip it

is it true that pajeets love the dceu? did the movies sop up some of their shit?

>You live in a world where Captain America, Iron Man and Thor's 3rd films are each going to crush a Justice League movie.

If Black Panther beat JL at the box office it will be a madhouse.

I'm unironically doing this, but instead of watching the film I'm just going to buy the ticket and leave.

> Where's my "Justice League failed because they didn't use Martian Manhunter" article

>with the odd exception of Wonder Woman
Nothing odd about it. Wonder Woman still had shit action scenes but was at least balanced with good human interaction scenes, which is more than any other DC movie had.

Also, feminists pushed the shit out of it. Many even said even if you don't think it's a great movie, go see it to support women superheroes. I personally know someone who hates DC movies but gave Wonder Woman a pass because she felt it was "important" to have a popular woman hero lined up next to Iron Man, Cap, Batman, etc.

Zack Snyder's wife is a exec at WB and they hired Zack Snyder to make a universe. The entire franchise is run by nepotism, and Zack Snyder doesn't understand these characters, or even seems to care.

Batman runs around like the Punisher, Superman's movie felt like a 9/11 disaster pron flick.

It's rather clear why nobody identified with these distorted versions of the characters.

What?

Yes, pajeets, South Americans and Chinese

Oh lord, he hasn't seen the Gadot/Miller interview.
I suggest you set your cringe buffers to maximum before trying.

>It makes no sense.
A movie universe failing because you left some literal retard in charge of all of it makes perfect sense to me

They rushed the "cinematic universe" stuff too hard and the execs keep meddling in their desperation to create something that will "stick" with the audience. And, amazingly, the one fucking time that they just let a normal director do what they want, it's a smash hit (WW).

Spin it out into a GL series

Pt. 1 we see the Corps firmly established, Hal and Guy are beat lanterns for 2814, John is in the honor guard, plenty of scenes with waifus and husbandos like Stel, Iolande, Arisa, that lizard guy and his partner who looks generic as hell, the big orb dude with stubbly limbs and that other dude. i don't have any ideas beyond this, but neither does WB so it's okay

>Nothing odd about it. Wonder Woman still had shit action scenes but was at least balanced with good human interaction scenes, which is more than any other DC movie had.

WW's sidekicks didn't really do anything except Trevor. The indian guy was just an indian guy with folksy tidbits of wisdom, like every other caricature ever. The drunk scotsman never rallied and conquered his PTSD, the lecherous frenchman didn't really add that much either. I don't really know why they created those characters, like they needed diversity hires or something? Was that it?

I'm deeply pissed at WB because the DC characters are the only ones i read since i was a kid and these assholes keep making shitty movies about them.

I was pissed off enough after Dark Knight Rises but that piece of shit at least gave me a funny meme.

Honestly I think the movie will be profitable with merchandising and accounting for any money makers.

This is just a classic case of Hollywood accounting. Don't let me take away your fun on this blunder though Sup Forums.

>They rushed the "cinematic universe" stuff too hard
It was trying to mirror whatever the MCU had in theaters. It was basically the equivalent of the Brazilian Pixar Knockoff cartoons.

Suicide Squad is so faux Guardians of the Galaxy that it hurts.

youtube.com/watch?v=7rue2ho60hk

Post it

The modern Guardians were ripoffs of the ORIGINAL Suicide Squad.

>If Black Panther beat JL at the box office it will be a madhouse.
I hope it does because the Snyder apologists deserve every bit of ridicule they get.

Batman Vs Superman happened and because this is a sequel they don't want to know about baffleck or super guy

That is simply not true

why does everyone on this site hate TDKR? Is it just the usual contrarianism?

They hired the guy that wrote and directed Suckerpunch to bring the DC Universe to the silver screen.

It is true. The original Guardians were nothing like their modern counterparts.

>I think it will make billions on Blu Ray and Halloween costumes.
The DVD/Blu Ray market is dwindling fast,
Halloween costumes are coffee change,
Batman was going to sell toys no matter what,
Any WW toys are from her movie, JL takes a shit on her,
Aquaman, Cyborg and Man of Autism toys will be collecting dust just like the Green Lantern figs years ago.
Don't let me take away your delusion on this blunder tho user.

>made by the leader of the alt-right, Frank Miller

Yes, we hate it. Now fuck off back to whatever hole you crawled out of.

It's not a terribly bad movie, just just unfortunately has to go up against TDK. It would take another home run to not look bad compared to that.