Is there a specific reason comic superheroes almost always look nothing like their comic book counter parts in movies?

Is there a specific reason comic superheroes almost always look nothing like their comic book counter parts in movies?
>Barry isn't Blond
>Aquaman isn't Blond or white
>Wonder Woman is a skinny stick
It's true for marvel movies too as well.

Because Hollywood

>Live action
Who cares?

Because actors are never hired based on who they resemble in terms of the source material, but rather how the Director wants his version to be told. They don't care if you think someone i better suited because they want this to be THEIR Batman, or THEIR Superman. They jut want to make their own version, not embrace the material.

because diversity

characters do not need to look like how they look in the comics as long as everything else is in tact according to hollywood

>Is there a specific reason comic superheroes almost always look nothing like their comic book counter parts in movies?
Because they're cast based on talent rather than looks.

Marvel's actors look like their comic counterparts

>as long as everything else is in tact according to hollywood
Not true either.
Neither the Avengers nor the Justice League characters act anything like they do in the comics.

You mean the comic characters were made to look like their actors.

Yeah remember when Bruce Banner was a chubby greaseball, or when Tony Stark was a big nosed midget, or when Black Widow was a jewish blonde with dyed hair, or

This, and they also act like their comic counterparts.

MCU = Live actions Marvel comics
DCEU = Zack Snyder donut steel OCs

Enjoy Man of Steel 2 , 3 and Justle League 2 because his fucking wife will keep hiring him anyway, she don't care about nerd shit, she wants to get richer because WB don't pay a fraction of the profit, they pay millions before the movie, so the Snyders are not losing money with WB flops.

>say retarded shit
>get called out
>lol u mad xD

This is what moviefags actually believe

>Call out
>Says a bunch of subjective things
>"I'm so smart"

Optimistic answer: they try to find the best actors and sometimes that means they don't look the part
Pessimistic answer: Balanced answer: both, but with added laziness/greed (can't they just wear wigs?)

>talent
dick sucking talent

What?
Aquaman is white. I mean he's tan but the actor is Hawaiian.

How is being a skinny stick creature part of diversity? You can't really excuse that poor casting choice

>Hawaiian
>white

Ah yes when I look at Mark Ruffalo I think "Bruce Banner" and when I see Micheal Fassbender I think "Magneto".

Depends on the producer
Sometimes its because there's just literally no one around who happens to look like that character AND can act worth a shit. I mean often you can find some obscure actor who looks exactly like a character but then acts terribly
Also as others have pointed out, some other times its because need to pander to the right audience.

Edward Norton was actually a better Bruce than Ruffalo, even if his movie sucked.

This. Getting someone who really is a perfect fit for the character they play (like Patrick Stewart as Xavier, RDJ as Tony Stark, Kevin Conroy as Batman voice wise) is pretty rare.

this
ruffalo is overrated due to him getting the part in Avengers out of nowhere

Hulk looks great though

Comic book appearances are generic. Too similar. Superman and Batman are the same. Aquaman and the Flash are the same.

I think it is a Western thing. They think it looks too silly so they have to change it and that leads them down a path of having to change a lot. Places like Japan it is sort of the opposite as they try to adapt their characters to look as much like the anime/manga character as possible.

Bullshit. Any Japanese anime/manga adaptation I've seen that had white characters originally (Attack on Titan, Death Note) are cast with Japanese actors.

>Is there a specific reason
Yes. Same reason why they couldn't do the squid monster in the Watchmen movie. Film is a different medium than comics and if you try to just reproduce the same visuals a comic has you'll probably end up making something that looks retarded and unnatural.
You can see this in practice with amateurs doing cosplay. More often than with actual film actors they'll go for the naive direct reproduction of comic visuals approach and it usually doesn't work too well.

In a twist of Cruel irony we finally a get a Batman that looks like Batman and he's on his way out pretty much to be recast by another fucking skinny manlet.

They really do. You can tell the ones who haven't actually watched the movie when they complain about Superman though.

Wigs don't behave the way actual hair does. Even in theater where the audience is like 15 feet away and can't pause the action wigs aren't always convincing. So they figure that the movie would get railed on more if they used a wig and it didn't work than if they just didn't use a wig at all. And they're probably correct, no special effects is better than bad special effects.

I'm up for it, I love Affleck but these movies have utterly tainted his Batman for me, and I think his heart just isn't in it anymore.

Let's just hope Matt Reeves actually gives us Gyllenbats and pulls the same gud ass moviemaking he did with 21 Cloverfield Lane and the last two Apes films.

I'd be happy for them to explain away Bruce's appearance change in Flashpoint, or to just fuck it all and make The Batman standalone.

No Jap on earth looks like an anime character

>based on talent
Imagine someone who actually believes this

I don't doubt Reeves talent, i just don't want Another Tacticool Batman. Also Gyllenhall looks closer to the Joker than Bats.

Actually he was great as Supes in this movie. Just a charismatic as expected without copying Reeve superman like Routh did. He reminded me of the Superman from JLU

Cavill is a good actor and genuinely loves the character of Superman.

Damn shame his director won't let him play the part.

There are many flavours of Gyllenhall.

They cast Momoa because they didn't want people to be reminded of Superfriends Aquaman.

I there a specific reason people worry so much about finding a real-life match for characters who's faces change with every new artist?

Oh wait, silly me, the reason is autism.

>b-but why isn't she buff
WHO FUCKING CARES.

If they say it's Grayson instead of recasting Bruce I'm cool with it.

Whedon did. Despite his other flaws he got that part right.

Norton was the one not willing to sell his soul to the never ending MCU.
I wonder if he wishes to have stuck around considering how much money Ruffalo must be making.