Havent seen Family Guy since 2014, decided to binge the newest season and holy shit why is it so good now?

Havent seen Family Guy since 2014, decided to binge the newest season and holy shit why is it so good now?

It's actually stayed pretty consistent. It's just when it's bad, it's REALLY bad. And those are the episodes people point out as the quality of the show.

>why is it so good now?
necause you're probably twelve years old

imo this season hasnt had a bad episode yet

>use a "chicken fight" scene as an example of "It's good now!"
Sorry if I don't trust your judgment on the matter.

the thing is I too expected the same ol epic, drawn out fight of utter destruction, but because theyre female all they did was slap each other a bit while pulling on thier hair and knocking over just a couple of tables. The impliction of females being absolutely that weak and petty in combat got a good chuckle out of me cuz its true.

>The impliction of females being absolutely that weak and petty in combat got a good chuckle out of me cuz its true.

> The impliction of females being absolutely that weak and petty in combat.
I can't wait for the first woman to be on a male football team. She wouldn't last through practice.

another joke was Peter getting an Amber Alert about Stewie being kidnapped, then the grandpa asks how to turn it off cuz irl theyre annoying af, and i too have asked myself how do i turn that shit off.

made me chuckle i tell ya

Did they seriously give Lois a chicken to fight now? God, this is just as bad as the time South Park started forcing in a female cartman

not the same thing, you fuck. go watch the new season before i stick a knife i your throat, cunt

Giving a fem version of one of the most acclaimed aspects of the series is the same thing as Giving a fem version of one of the most acclaimed aspects of the series.

Cartman is the only merchandisable character these days, dumb girls in public quote him all the time. The Chicken Fights have been one of the few things that critics don't tear apart anymore.

It's not that it's a guy thing, it's just shitty that they keep giving a female version to the series as if it needed it.

you literally dont know what ur talking about. go watch the bit on youtube or something, then come back.

I like how that's worded as if it's a cutaway in and of it's self.

"Well there was that time when...", that's all I remember from that show.

Did Lois cheat on Peter? Why is it that all the FOX wives cheat on their husbands? Except Cleveland's, I think. Guess she wasn't given enough time

Because all the writers that were split between this and Cleveland show finally got back together. Sometimes splitting up one good thing makes two shitty things.

Did Linda cheat on Bob yet?

Take a guess.

>Except Cleveland's, I think.
Hell, there was a permanent status-quo-changing episode where Cleveland's wife cheated on him and they ended up breaking up.

I thought the female chicken fight was just a silly self-parody, not a forced political statement or anything.

>Linda's getting BLACKED on an all new Bob's
>This Sunday, 7:30, on FOX!

>family guy
>good now
What?
It's gotten even more stale, even more contradictory, even more ridiculous, and even more boring with each fucking episode.

She fucked Bill Clinton, and made out with Meg's boyfriend.
So yeah she's a skank.

That first time was a gag that even Peter was in. The second one was an actual plot point.

>all they did was slap each other a bit while pulling on thier hair and knocking over just a couple of tables
That's great

Didn't peter also have sex with Bill Clinton?

A friend of my have a theory and from what I can tell it is spot on. In general Family guy will have a good season then a bad season. The reasoning may be because they focus on the good seasons and the bad seasons just act like filler for anyone willing to watch.

Is this including that shitty putin episode where they assume the viewer is retarded?

That's only because you haven't spent too long on the internet.

self parody is exactly what it was and it was hilarious

I wouldn't say it's good, but it's watchable. Maybe a few jokes I actually chuckle at. Thing is try watching an old episode of Family Guy, you can't, it's just old pop culture references and evil Stewie. Compared to the Simpsons it's the complete opposite, I really enjoyed watching the old episodes of it and laughing, but never will I watch modern Simpsons. But I will watch newer Family Guy episodes because they at least seem entertaining.

This season is x10 better than the last.

Maybe because McFarlane decided to devote his writing to the Orville.

McFarlane hasn't been writing much on Family Guy since the early years.
And hey, I like the Orville. It reminds me of TOS Star Trek. All the good bits of Star Trek I like, minus the stuffy self-importance and incoherence and lens flare of its recent incarnations.

Did he really wrote anything after the first season?
Helping writing is one thing, i mean a whole script.

PLEASE tell me those 2 started lezzing out halfway through the fight...

They brought Herbert back? I thought uptight caucasian mothers complained and got him removed.

He's talking about Lois' dad. But yeah, Herbert's still on the show. Just last week there was a bit with a drunken Brigitte Nielsen pursuing Peter until falling out of a plane, then it cuts to Chris praying: "Dear Lord, please send me a six foot seven blonde woman who likes to drink until she blacks out."
Then through the window you see her fall, a long way off, and in the distance Herbert shouts "I think we got our prayers crossed!" before a little boy falls through the roof of Chris' room.

>Herbert shouts "I think we got our prayers crossed!" before a little boy falls through the roof of Chris' room
Okay that's actually pretty fucking funny.

ROFLMAO

>the show is good again after over a decade of being stale and every character being bastardised
Worse than Nu-Simpsons shills

>why is it so good now

Are you fucks really going to start pretending that Family Guy is good now?

Need women in Soccer or Basketball. They could just flop around and soak up the fouls.

Nah, it's just some shill trying to up viewership.

Oh, so you really are underage, good to know.

>no one could possibly like things I don't like!
>they must be getting paid to pretend they like it!

I don't believe this for a fucking second

Is Brian still alive? Yes? Then it's no good.

underage, retarded, or monumentally stupid?

This season's the most boring it's ever been.
Only that ep with the money was alright.

>being that fucking generous to defend a series

I'd like to believe that was the point, but I'm most likely giving him too much credit.

I wouldn't say that, it's better than 2014 Family Guy but that's not saying much. That's like saying the newest episode of The Simpsons is better than "Lisa goes Gaga". The bar was so low that there's nowhere else but up.

>That first time was a gag that even Peter was in. The second one was an actual plot point.
The Clinton thing was also a plot point, the entire episode then goes to Peter asking to have sex with Lois's mom as compensation. They are about to do it but I think Lois broke down or Peter just couldn't bring himself to do it. Then he also has sex with Bill Clinton and credits roll.

Might have new writers, because this season hasn't been that bad at all.

They're still watching Family Guy so there's a good chance they are.

lel what episode

s16e07.

I think generally a long-running comedy will go through several phases:

> Not being very good because it hasn't entirely figured out what works
> Being good
> Jumping the shark where it turns bad
> trying to mitigate decline with gimmicks, making it even worse
> Realizing that the show sucks and making fun about that, making it funny again. Which is not as good as it used to be, but still funny.

It's a;

>there's nothing wrong with smuggling people across the border & then having a teenager raise their rape babies

episode

When the fuck has Family Guy ever been good after it got cancelled?
They might have a good few jokes once in a while, but that's no reason to start calling the show itself good.

Family Guy is starting to do that a LOT more now, to the point where it feels like they're aware of what's wrong, and maybe that's why this new season hasn't had one bad episode yet, but maybe I'm giving the writers too much credit.
Thing is, the change in quality from like s12 to this new one is evident, that's what's surprising to me. Not the best cartoon out there, sure, but it's enjoyable.
And they haven't even had a stewie focused episode yet, those tend to be the best ones.