The comic that the COMPANY is named after

>the comic that the COMPANY is named after
>it sucks complete ass

What did DC mean by this?

When is the last time that Detective Comics was actually good?

Barrows was the only good part about Tec. I'm not sure what they could do to improve the book, but perhaps going in the mystery direction (rather than the extended Batfam drama direction) would work better.

This, can Tynion fuck off with his lame characterfagging and just tell a good detective story?

When the fuck are they gonna make detective stories again? I don't give a god damn fuck about that ridiculous batfamily. They wanna write stories about them? Find, but do it in an other book.

Nah is good, You're just a OP fagot who shares his autism

Agreed. They should use Detective Comics and Action Comics as basically places to test out new characters to see if they should get a series. Maybe they could have the classic Batman or Superman story once in a while, but that's about it.

He was interned in the 80s, It did not work. These titles are too close to specific characters to change and people accept them.

Post again when you finish learning English

>when the fuck are they going to make one of the charter books of DC unsellable again? I don't give a god damn fuck if they want to make money. I want stories about nobodies that only turbonerds like myself care about.

ftfy

The entire point of Rebirth was to increase sales. Putting new characters or characters readers do not care about would lower sales.

Snyder's run back in 2011.

Elegy and the Black Mirror ran through it.

He's not asking for other characters, he's asking for detective stories

>what did _____ mean by this

I wish this phrase was filtered to "I am a hug unoriginal faggot please rape my face"

>I want stories about nobodies
>Not asking for other characters

Go read reddit, or CBR, or any other site that discusses comic books. Hell even Sup Forums, readers don't want detective stories, they don't want to see Batman doing grounded stuff like that. They want to see their favorite Batfam characters interact with each other and go through DRAMA and FEELS moments with some LOLS thrown in. They don't want to see Bruce hunt down a serial killer, or crack a cold case, they want to see him hug the Robins, they want to see the Robins dating girls and getting into petty tiffs with each other before they hug it out, they want to see Cass and Steph hang out and be ambiguously gay, they want to see Batwoman putting Batman in his place...shit like that. When they want Batman, they either want ultra-competent ubermensch Batman saving the world doing all kinds of stupid action movie shit, or they want to see him getting put down like a little bitch, depending on whether or not they like the character. DC is simply giving the vocal readers what they want. I've been a Batman fan for a long time, and this is how it's been for like two decades.

It sucks, but whatever, you know? Honestly, King's run is the only good thing going on with the character right now. His Bruce kinda sucks, and TWOJAR was genuinely trash IMO, but at least he's doing something with the character, progressing him in an interesting way that has honestly been a long time coming. It feels personal and important, and is such a far cry from Tynion's embarrassing shitfest that is Detective Comics right now. He also knows how to write exciting issues that don't depend on nostalgia-tripping or completely over-the-top silliness (not that he hasn't used those as well). It's not perfect, but it's better than Snyder who I had to literally suffer through for five fucking years.

The "Batman doing grounded detective stories" ship has pretty much sailed now that they have him fighting evil gods and shit.

Besides, the same people asking for this would probably complain about how boring and generic the book is if it went to a "Batman solves grounded mysteries" format.

But that's what Detective is for. Past eras understood the "Batman is for high stakes action, Detective is for low key investigation" divide.

And in the past, Detective was almost always the second-rate Batman title for that reason.

Second-rate Batman is still higher than most other titles. And there have been exceptions to this, Rucka's Detective run did better than Hama/Brubaker Batman.