So now we have to pressure Nick to make The Patakis

So now we have to pressure Nick to make The Patakis.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GGBm9gTY2NU
youtube.com/watch?v=XFWlxJQFdgc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why u guys want this soo bad??

How about they just bring back Hey Arnold and make more Helga centric episodes?
I simply don't see the point in writing Arnold out the show.

Helga was one of the worst Hey Arnold characters and the reason the show suffered later on was because it focused too much on her and her family.

Because Helga is the best character on Hey Arnold and because Helga is the purest waifu.

The more mature themes they wanted to tackle in that show would not be allowed by modern Nick. It'd be neutered before it ever had the chance to breed.

I think it's strictly because there was a whole series bible already planned. And it had some neat ideas for the Hey Arnold characters in a teen context

It's just going to be another Daria.

If they do The Patakis, they should use this type of music for it:youtu.be/GGBm9gTY2NU

No OP we want cute goodness from season 6, Arnold and Helga getting into cute misadventures and Arnold's autistic parents getting used to everyday life

>it's a "adults have to adjust to normal life after x event happened and they look goofy doing it" series/episode/etc
No thanks. They were healers and explorers. They aren't exactly neanderthals.

If Nickelodeon didn't allow it then, they sure as shit wouldn't allow it now. Emotional stuff doesn't sell, and mature themes are bad, remember?

Put it on Teen Nick then or Netflix. Just make it happen.

Only if this means more lewds of the Pataki ladies.

I say age them up, keep Arnold around, and do what you said about making more Helga centric plots. Although, they could just do a full blown Pataki's but keep Arnold as a secondary character. I'd be more open to Arnold leaving the cast had they hadn't just established his parents coming home for the first time in a decade.

Was there anything ever really released from the bible outside of the bare basics? Like any of the episodes they had planned?

>Wanting Arnold and Helga to not be together
I waited 20 years for this and you want to take it away already?

I'm afraid you're right.

Netflix has been making bank off of quite a few of their own original series. Now that it's over, maybe Craig can get full rights back at some point and pitch it to them?

That melody sounds incredibly familiar..... Inuyasha?

Which one? Track list and song titles are in the description.

Okay, settle this for me. Does Helga's Cheese Festival have multiple endings? There's "A True Ending", and that has me chasing for a different ending through the different choices. Then I see the whole "special scenes" thing, and I still have shit locked.

>Emotional stuff doesn't sell, and mature themes are bad, remember?

BoJack Horseman?

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Sorry, the first one that plays. I know there was a version of it with Japanese vocals that was used in some anime that aired on Adult Swim. I'm trying to find it on youtube right now.

Craig presented his idea to a few key people, but at the time no one wanted another "Daria".

I perhaps only want it now, because I want an episode that explores how Bob and Miriam' marriage got so shitty.

>RudeManners - The Last Cherry Blossom

It does reek of weeb.

I don't want anymore new "Arnold" in this world.

>Hey kids, new episode of the Pataki's coming up, #angst #girlhoodtrembling #lifechanges #patakis, follow us on Facebook and Instashit for more updates.

First one is the closing theme of Samurai Champloo.

Thank you so much!

let it go man

>The lesbian route is the only viable one for Olga.

>i only want it because i need some fap material and not because i want a well written show
eat shit

>not wanting the superior season 6 that deals with Arnold's parents making up for lost time with their son, Arnold x Helga cuteness, and the Patakis now living in the fucking beeper store because they were evicted from their house

I'd imagine the tone being a lot closer to as told by ginger than anything if it were greenlit

I would love this honestly, a spaghetti Helga-edition "as told by ginger"

Sorry, Hey Arnold exists in the 90's.
The stories were planned before the rise of the internet, and cell phones.

I don't want some OC to cuck Arnold.

All this means is more lewds, and that's a good thing

bueno.

It's not gonna work. Spin-offs never work. They did the right thing never airing the show.

But they clearly had some memory or brain problems after they woke up.

>Not knowing what school was.
>Waiting outside of Arnold's school all day instead of going off and doing something by themselves.

It would be a welcomed final to the series.
>Would have made for a better episode*

So they didn't allow Bob to catch up with the times in tech?
>Can't wait..

Anybody who genuinely finds Helga attractive based on her looks, is really a closeted caveman-fetishist. This an absolute fact that you can't prove wrong

Don't you dare tell me you didn't once crush on her when she dolled herself up like in the date episode with the Frenchie penpal. She looks good when she tries.

>closeted caveman-fetishist
user.. I'm very open about my caveman fetish, and we're called neandersexuals

She's definitely got butterface, but she's probably a FANTASTIC lay.

I want to see Helga and Rhonda rubbing their budding breasts together.

Ooga booga to you sir.

>watch The Jungle Movie
>Helga's parents still treat her like shit

So where's Simon drawing now, anyway?

You must be virgin m8!, KEK

youtube.com/watch?v=XFWlxJQFdgc

"there was about a 1/3 of the movie cut out" this explains why some of the ending came flat

As the Hey Arnold threads begin to die down once more, I would just like to say thank you Sup Forums. This past day has been amazing and if I could watch the movie with you guys again, I would.

>implying she isn't as cute as button

Fucking nerd.

Just saw it.

kinda sad, but still, this was a really good movie.

thank nick for allowing Mr. Bartlett to do this.

good fucking point, however, if its done independently in netflix, with Mr. Bartlett having full control like he had with the movie, maybe this shit wouldnt occur.

This,

Its clear that they wanted to follow on that, at first i thought, ok, well, the parents wanted to stay with his son and all dat, i mean, they have never seen him in their entire lives'.

but there were certain subtle touches in the dialog that indicates 'hey! something is WAY off here.' also, im sure a person wouldnt be functioning 100% normally after being asleep for 10 years.

(You)

I just took it away that they were disoriented having been out for a decade, they never got to see their kid go to school for the first time so it did not cross their mind.
Then deciding they'd wait could just be the extreme guilt they may feel - though that part did come off a bit odd I will admit

didn't the show eventually adapt for big bob to own a cellphone store? i could of sworn it happened

Supposed to. Craig said they'd bounce back and beepers would be trendy, I guess it was cut out.

You say that like its a bad thing

I thought it was great. They'd been absent his whole life, and now that they're back in it they don't want to leave him alone. I don't think it was the parents being stupid, just wanting to make up for lost time and be with their child after missing so much of his life.

>All this means is more lewds, and that's a good thing
exactly

I'm amazed Helga's VA can still do the voice damn near perfectly. She's got to be in her late 30s or early 40s by now. Also amazed Harold's VA can still do his voice too. I want a new season of now

This

She's only 32.
Is she the only remaining cast remember who was nearly the same age as her character when the show originally aired?

was Helga greek?

For their sake, I really want to imagine that about two minutes after Arnold shut the door, they turned to eachother and said “so you wanna go get falafels while we wait?” and then came back a little before 3:00, but that’s not implied at all. The way they were acting, I imagine them sitting there patiently and silently for twenty minutes before asking eachother “When does 3 oclock happen anyway?”

Ukrainian, I believe.

Helga is infinitely more enjoyable than monotone Daria.

I rather get another short movie of Party Wagon.

I kinda like it. Having the Patakis fall from grace and adjust to a newly less-rich lifestyle has potential to change up their dynamic in a really interesting way. It strangely even kind of works as social commentary considering there was an economic recession between when the show was airing and now. I can see Bob, Miriam, and even Olga absolutely shaken by it while Helga is surprisingly the only one with her shit together just carrying on as normal.

I really like that after having seen the movie, it feels like there’s still plenty of story potential for a new season, but it also works as a great conclusion to the series all on its own. Like the characters are organic people who are still going to have conflicts and resolutions even though this chapter is over.

I thought they were german.

Patakis is a weird surname

Helga with tits.

This.

>if its done independently in netflix
Nickelodeon, moreover Viacom, would never let that happen. They are especially cunty protecting their "properties". I doubt that will change. They need those old Nicktoons now more than ever, because the new shit they air simply ain't cuttin' it, and there is alot more competition now.

While Fran can still get the character down, I did hear a change overall in Helga's voice. If this movie had been done ten or more years ago, she would have sounded closer to how she was in the first movie and AFD/The Journal.

Arnold's grandparents, Helga's parents, Olga, sounded exactly the same like no time had passed. Fuckin pro.

They were living inside the store, weren't they?

>Bob in a robe
>Mailbox out front

Rhonda’s around the same age (and I think Helga’s VA was only 9 when they recorded S1)

>Dan Castellaneta
>Tress McNeill
>Maurice LaMarche
>Kath Soucie
>Nika Futterman
“Pro” kinda goes without saying, of course they were all perfect. It’s their livelihood and they’re the best in the biz

I watched the film in at 1.04 speed, which pitches Helga's voice up a few percent making her basically sound indistinguishable from season 5 Helga.

>Was there anything ever really released from the bible outside of the bare basics? Like any of the episodes they had planned?
I just remember Phoebe getting teen pregnant, was there anything more?

I think there was something about, no joke, Miriam going through rehab.

Arnold had moved away and Helga had a long distance relationship with him.

>mfw we will never get a good teen series again because the only ones willing to try are the fucking CW

Don't forget Grandma going more and more into dementia to the point where it stops being cute

Yes, I know, that's why I said it.

I wonder how much they needed to get paid to come back? Do they give Craig a discount because they like the show, happy to return to old characters? Or do they just see it as a business, and people like Dan *need* to be paid huge cause he also has Simpsons credibility?

Interesting.

Does anyone here...like Arnold's grandparents even more, now that you are older? I re-watched a few episodes before watching TJM...it had been years...and I find Phil and Gertie so much more funny than I did back when I was a kid. When I was a kid, I was more in tune with the kids in kids cartoons. Now I find I gravitate to the adults in old cartoons I used to watch.

I wonder how that would have worked with early to mid 2000s technology.

It would have to be Netflix. I doubt Nickelodeon cares much about TeenNick anymore outside their Splat nostalgia machine.

>On a very special episode of Hey Arnold!...

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. That comes on at 6:00, right after The Loud House, right?

If you've ever heard any interviews with her, you can tell that voicing Helga throughout her formative years affected her normal speech patterns, she phrases and intonates everything just like Helga does.

>TeenNick
>Splat nostalgia machine
>Airs shows that appeal to people in their late 20s/30s.
>Still call it TeenNick

More like 30Nick.

Well, former New York state governor George Pataki was Polish, so I assumed that Helga and her family were as well.

I don't want The Patakis because it was sounding too depressing and while I like Helga, the way they use her as a secondary main is better than making the show all about her. Just give me a standard S6 and I think we'll all be happy

Yeah, I think that’s what they were getting at, and I like it. I imagine they have a small apartment above the store, maybe a place they used to use for storage. I don’t think they explicitly state it or show it, though, just small hints.

>I imagine they have a small apartment above the store

Nah. The movie shows Big Bob and Miram waking up in the middle of the store itself next to a big stack of beepers.

Yeah. Call me a continuity autist, but I really fucking hate floating timelines and am perfectly fine with letting characters stay in their respective eras. I want good shows for the modern day too, but we should make new IP's to match.