DARKHAWK PREVIEW TIME, GET IN HERE

DARKHAWK PREVIEW TIME, GET IN HERE

Did he not ded? Is this not the same artist when he ded?

End of preview

He was shown to be alive during Avengers Arena, the amulet was just ripped out of his chest and then Arcade took him down below into the underground bunker and put him in stasis. He managed to be rescued with the others.

Same artist though

What is with those panda shirts with this artist? It gives me Paranoia Agent vibes.

Nothing wrong with Kev Walker.

I'd still like it explained how Phil Urich was able to steal the amulet yet Chris Powell could still turn into Darkhawk. Didn't the new HMIC Cebulski write that Excelsior mini?

aw shit darkhawk is back?

i loved that guy as a kid

Is this the guy who killed Ultron in the Runaways comic?

Whoa, whoa.

They are replacing Chris with a white dude?

That's not representative enough!

Surely there must be something SPECIAL about him?

Oh yeah, Has he been seen since Arena?

Nope and apparently Chase and Cammi broke his amulet so he hasn't been able to turn into Darkhawk since

So he's a mallcop now

>mallcop
Marvel NYPD is hardly a mallcop.

Well...

Chris IS white you dummy

I haven't followed Chris Powell for some time except for a few cameos with Annihilation.
Nice to see that he ended up with a big-boobed cutie.

Her shirt has the same weird panda with antenna logo that Deathlocket wore

So what -has- happened between the end of his original solo run and now? All I remember is him getting wrapped up in that Fraternity of Raptors bullshit and showing up a couple of times in Nova.

Sure, so where IS his NuMarvel appropriate replacement?

I read quite a bit of the original run. When did they retcon the darkhawks being made by the Shi'ar?

Do you ever just, y'know, get tired of looking for things to get upset about? It seems exhausting.

War of Kings: Darkhawk. That mini retconned the entire original run into a dream. You can thank DnA and Marvel's new EiC CB Cebulski for that one.

I think it was probably a reference to the final issue of the original series, where after the bit where Darkhawk and Chris who were seperate for a few issues get merged together and he gains the ability to switch forms at will. He turns into his second Darkhawk form there, with the metal belt-like thing and the gauntlets on each hand with just a metal spike and not the claw

Laaaame.

THICCC

I've never heard of this super hero, sounds interesting. 411?

War of Kings and Realm of Kings made them into a very old group made by the Shi'Ar and also really powered them up to almost cosmic levels.

90's Darkhawk was street level and got his ass handed to him by Venom and Tombstone, 00's Darkhaws was taking down lords of the negative zone, bounced around Blastaar and Vulcan, and was a decent match for a Nova Prime.

He looked chinese to me

His last name is Powell

And? This is America. He could have a chinese mom who married a white dude.

his mom is a red haired white lady, and one of his brothers is a ginger

I'm just saying he looks fucking chinese m8 not my fault his dad got cucked by a chink

Kev Walker girls all look the same.

Being upset would require having expectations of NuMarvel.

This grim humor.
Come on, you know there is a pattern.

>Kev walker girls all look THIGG for my DIGG
this is a problem?

WHERE IS FUCKING DAZZLER?

I blame only DnA. Cebulski wrote prelude of this retcon with Loners

A new Darkhawk comic? That's fresh.

>darkhawk
>he's white

Just a one-shot and apparently it will tie into Duggan's GotG Raptor plot.

Can't tell if this is weak trolling or retarded newbs.

If I crop the images and ask you if that's Deathlockette prior to change or Hazmat, who would you say?

You know, I've never understood why Darkhawk was such a low-tier superhero. I mean, he has a cool concept (He's not a million miles away from an American Kamen Rider) and he certainly has great powers. I liked the whole Fraternity of Raptors thing, too.

The problem is that his books have always sucked. He really needs a Warren Ellis run, or something.

I honestly didn't mind the retcon, but that's probably because I never read his original run.

So what is the sjw angle on that one. Is he actually black, asian or Latino and just badly colored on the cover so that he looks white

not sure how much changed in the later issues but the whole "damaged? change to human then change back = full heal" sounds broken if used correctly.

since the change is almost instantaneous (iirc) there's little to no drawbacks in abusing it.

I hope this whole Infinity stones arc being turned into a mini event doesn't affect Darkhawk being in GotG.

So all the 90s teen heroes have all grown up and will eventually stop aging and join everyone as forever 20 or 30 something?

See:

Written by Chris Sims
In the trash it goes

I thought robbie thompson was meant to be writing this?
How is Bower?

I was honestly surprised this didn't try to retcon that. It's really not hard to just bullshit it away in a single panel without invalidating a single previous comic.

Nobody jokes about Marvel replacements policies with anything but wry humor at this point.

So what's under the helmet, then?

Yea except no he was never white

Good for her, Chris on the other hand is at least Puerto Rican

Ever since the early 90's people, including guys working at Marvel, have made fun of the whole concept of turning into a robot as the stupidest thing that could he a superhero.

There were a few random letter column segments in other comics where guys would make fun of how lame "turning into a robot from space" was as a superpower. And there was some more of this around the time of War of Kings. So apparently more people think of Darkhawk as just a very pathetic concept overall. Others take the name Darkhawk to be way too much 90's hardcore grimdark extreme.

>just a one-shot

Fuck.

Yea I was fully expecting everything from War of Kings to be retconned out since it was never really mentioned again and Raptors in GotG are easily killed armor wearing mooks

If you actually read GOTG you'd know that the Androids still exist but are apparently lost.

It might delay the Raptor arc but then again they are looking for the stones too.

But THEN AGAIN with Wolverine, Carol, Loki, and possibly Thanos, and whatever other character tgey are pushing in this event the other GotG related characters might take a backseat.

Chris and the Darkhawk body merged into one being about 2/3 of the way through his original book when the body got upgraded. Since the Darkhawk body wasn't being stored in and repaired by the derelict ship anymore, he couldn't instantly fix himself by switching forms. It wasn't addressed how he would heal if the Darkhawk body was damaged, but none of that really matters since he got a near-total retcon.

You got it all mixed up. Chris and Darkhawk separated when he got upgraded and didn't merge into one until the last issue.

I disagree. It looks like he got worse since arena. Maybe it's the colorist.

Yes.

All of them. Even the young girls. It's lazy shit.

until they need cannon fodder or someone decides theyve got a great idea for a diversity replacement

So I'm going to guess it turns out his girlfriend is evil or something.

Leaving out "accidentally" killing Lilandra in the summary of his career?

Well, yeah!
I mean Darkhawk was a gloriously 90's hero.
Even when I read its original run as a teenager I knew it was a pretty thin as far as origins go.
And I knew the design was a bit cheesy.

But I still loved it. Still have a bunch of the comics including issue 1.

Sims, at least, apparently loves Darkhawk. When he started working in a comic shop he made it a point to grab the back issues and specifically requested to work on this book when Marvel was offering him and Bowers stuff.

I'll take that over the person who decided that Silver Sable needed to be all about trying to shame Europeans who don't want to import muslim migrants en masse.

to be fair, he wasn't in control of his body there.

It's weird because Robbie is forever 19 and Vance is like 21 or 22, meanwhile Rich fluctuates around being im his early 20's to Spider-Man's age mostly because of him being an Annihilation war vet and his status of space badass status. Some of the current writers ignore that he's a young adult who had to grow up fast.

And with Sam in the picture Loveness pretended he was way older but Rich should be no more than 25. Spider-Man called him a kid for awhile and Star-Lord did too (Abnett said Peter was born in 85 and even Bendis said he was in his 30's).

Both Rich and Chris are around the same age aren't they? I know Rich was one of the older New Warriors so they should both be no more than 25.

They also gave the Power Pack a one-shot but said that if people wanted more they should write to Marvel.

According to DeFalco, snail mail works better since e-mails tend to get ignored easier.

That was Razor!

Don't try to make sense of the different sliding timescales. Maybe since Rich was created back in the 70's he feels older even though he was a teenager for a ridiculously long time.

Darkhawk is one of those heroes you can just look at and tell he's from the 90s, even after he got slight redesigns in more modern appearances. His book was full of it, too. Teen angst, crooked cops, gangs, ridiculously big weapons, crazy villains with wonderful names like "EVILhawk." The only thing he was missing was some kind of demonic/Satanic angle.

First villain he fought in issue #1 was demon possessed Hobgoblin who was looking for the amulet

>The only thing he was missing was some kind of demonic/Satanic angle.
That was more a '70s thing though hence Son of Satan, Satana, Ghost Rider and the like. Those Satanic movies (The Exorcist, The Omen, Rosemary's Baby, The Sentinel, etc.) were a big thing then.

Yea 90's were more about wearing more spikes and a leather jacket over the costume, or at least a bandolier with lots of ammo pouches.

Fortunately Darkhawk had one of those guys too

I unironically like Darkhawk's design. Even if it's 90s as fuck, it's still good and the modern take on it is great, especially sicne it improves the worst aspect of the costume, i.e. those boxy chrome pauldrons.

I love it too, it's my favorite part about Darkhawk
I love the new action figure they made of him

>Portal
Judgehawk is what I shall call him.

I like it except for the wings. I don't know what happened with that one. I at least wish they could be removed.

The wings make the costume. Without them it's just kinda boring.

So is this like...Magical Guyver?

Eh, kind of? Darkhawk isn't close to as powerful and isn't magical at all.

Really hard to say on power now. 90's Darkhawk was definitely a street level guy. But Talon in War of Kings was showing off a shitload of different powers and Vulcan could never kill him after trying a few times.

Cool. I'm digging the design, might check it out.

He is a Marvel ripoff of Jamie Reyes Blue Beetle. Ancient space empire weapon and all.

Except Darkhawk came first by a long shot. Though I can't remember the timeline of War of Kings at that DC Event that Jaime first appeared in.

Jaime first appeared in Infinite Crisis in 2006. Darkhawk first appeared in 1991. War of Kings happened in 2009.

I fucking loved that Darkhawk issue Duggan did in GOTG but I'm not sure how it'll translate to this