Is Obama still the president in the Marvel Universe?

Is Obama still the president in the Marvel Universe?

No, Civil War 2 depicted the changing of the guard from Obama to Trump. Trump approved of Carol's civil rights violating fascism.

How do terrorist attacks happen in the marvel universe? Were all the Super Heroes on break when 9/11 happened?

When you insist on a sliding timescale, you should probably just have non-real world leaders. Having Nixon as president in a story that was supposed to have happened 12 years ago in universe is jarring. Having Clinton as POTUS 8 years ago is equally jarring. At least DKR had the excuse of not being main universe when it had Reagan's face everywhere. Legends shows age because of it.

Of course he would.

>When you insist on a sliding timescale

Now that I think of it, was captain America frozen until nam now or what? How do they explain him not aging & being frozen in the 50's? Do they just keep unfreezing him later & later?

Considering that Bendis's Obama approved the plan in the first place, I'm pretty confident had Clinton won the ending would have been almost entirely the same only with a bit of modified dialogue and a different silhouette.

The past canonically changes.

In 1602, it's revealed that Cap doesn't age due to the serum. Maybe that's true for the other lines.

He always got thawed out about a decade prior to current events, I think.

And in Earth X he does age. Alternate realities mean shit.

So this was reconnected recently?

No, it didn't. New Avengers' CWII tie-in arc had Obama still in power and USAvengers' first issue had them mention how AIM becoming part of SHIELD was approved by the former president meaning that between the end of New Avengers and the start of USAvengers, Trump came to power.

No it's Trump.
It's also cannon that Trump used the powers of Loki to win and would have lost otherwise.

>It's also cannon that Trump used the powers of Loki to win and would have lost otherwise.

Funny thing is that it was established that whoever ends up winning the election did it with Loki's help, so if Hillary won then it would have been thanks to Loki, too.

Sounds like they really covered their asses. we need a vegas shooting special where the Punisher hunts down everyone responsible.

>wooooooooooooow

>we need a vegas shooting special

I think 616 Vegas has had enought problems lately.

Same reason the military didn't shoot down the planes. They're not magic and psychic.

>They're not magic and psychic
I swear they let it happen
they knew

What about the magicians and psychics (and time travellers) in the verse?

That doesn't contradict anything. We didn't see Trump in CW2 until the last few pages.

kino

From "The Worst X-Man Ever"

I don't remember, wasn't this the issue where Obama didn't actually appear in the story? Only on the cover? I vaguely remember something like that happening.

I understand why they couldn't get the first plane but there's no excuse for everything after that.

This stupid...whatever its suppose to be.

Thanks to sliding timeline 9/11 now happened before most modern heroes were active

I agree, but it's better than that bullshit we got in the Ultimates. It's easier to say "A mutant is responsible for sliding time" rather than trying to explain

The cap that was active after the war has been retconed to not be Steve Rogers

What the hell

>This man who was in command of a giant agency was too professional and on top of things, and was too white, so I killed him and replaced him.

Fucking muties

That "wow" really bothers me for some reason.
I would love the picture much more without it

wtf i'm part of the carol corps now?

Because "some rando had a heroic moment and saved the day!" is a better cover story than "yeah, we shot one of them down."