Thor the Hypocrite

I don’t think Thor has a leg to stand on to call out someone who earned their title from someone else who had decided to give it up.

I think it’s more Loki having the power of the Sorcerer Suprene that she’s worried about

I enjoyed the first issue of this

She's a woman, thus immune to your critique.

Also buy Marvel Comics else you're just another far right shitlord.

Loki is the new doctor strange?

She didn't want it. The original thor gave her the name and she just says "okay".

>She didn't want it.

If that was the case she'd have dropped the hammer and let herself die of cancer.

The follow up page

HUH so she didn’t even have to earn it. Typical

I’m hoping it’s either so he can restore Verity, or bring back his BFF, or at least some version of Leah but I doubt it. It’d make my whole year if it was the case though

OP you know good damn well thats not what this page is about.

Mentally ill people like you will never be satisfied.

>If that was the case she'd have dropped the hammer and let herself die of cancer.

Thor gave her the title and power. She accepted it because she loves Thor and wants to help everybody.

Also, marvel magic changes a lot. You have to give yourself to a god in order to get some magic. That is probably why doctor. strange is depowered.

So, what is this page about? Because it looks to me like a pot calling the kettle a nigger

I don't think Thor did anything wrong. She didn't call him out. She was trying to stop Loki. Just because a vilain say he has turned a new leaf doesn't mean you should trust him.

She came to Loki because she thought he was up to no good, not to tell him he is not worthy of his new mantle.

Earning or not anything has nothing to do with the issue. It's simply about stopping a villain.

that's just racist

Just because you don't want a responsibility doesn't mean you don't have to take it.

Where’s the deception? He’s calling himself Sorcerer Supreme, he has the cape, he introduced himself to the other mages.

What was the trick? Loki won the title off Stephen because Stephen is largely without magic, Stephen gave him the keys to the sanctum.

He hasn’t done anything wrong, he’s not even the evil Loki, he’s not Kid Loki and he’s not the Loki in the picture either. Any sins they committed aren’t his sins.

He’s the god of stories Loki we saw at the end of AoA who skipped out on Dooms Battleworld and has stayed largely out of everyone’s business.

And now Thor flies in on her proverbial high horse, busting his balls and making accusations because she thinks she knows better about magic, because she’s friends with Stephen and thinks she knows who should be sorcerer supreme?

>Where’s the deception? He’s calling himself Sorcerer Supreme, he has the cape, he introduced himself to the other mages.
>What was the trick? Loki won the title off Stephen because Stephen is largely without magic, Stephen gave him the keys to the sanctum.
see>He hasn’t done anything wrong, he’s not even the evil Loki, he’s not Kid Loki and he’s not the Loki in the picture either. Any sins they committed aren’t his sins.
And Thor know that? That it's not the same Loki? Does she know for a fact it's not the old Loki pulling one of his trick?
>And now Thor flies in on her proverbial high horse, busting his balls and making accusations because she thinks she knows better about magic, because she’s friends with Stephen and thinks she knows who should be sorcerer supreme?
Not what she said. You are the one pushing an interpretation that isn't there.
She is enquiring to know if he hasn't an hidden trick planed.

This Loki isn’t the evil cackling big horns megalomanic Loki. This is like, the 4th reincarnation of Loki. That’s like being arrested because of something your great grandfather did

She flew in commanding he stop whatever “trick” or “deception” he had.

If she was enquiring maybe you’d see oh, a question mark anywhere in her speech bubbles? Because a “?” is how we indicate something is a question, that it’s an interrogative, that further information is being requested.

You’re the one pushing an interpretation that isn’t there. She came onto the scene snarling, lightning shooting around and ready for a fight.

Like I have asked, Does Thor know this? Also, even then, suspecting new Loki to be up to no good isn't about being worthy or no of the mantle.

>And Thor know that? That it's not the same Loki? Does she know for a fact it's not the old Loki pulling one of his trick?

She’d be pretty badly ill informed because it’s public knowledge in Asgard that he’d been working for the All Mother’s as their secret agent and that he was what overwrote Kid Loki

>chico
Why?

Now I remember why I stopped reading these

>If she was enquiring maybe you’d see oh, a question mark anywhere in her speech bubbles? Because a “?” is how we indicate something is a question
Learn to read>why are you doing this? What is your game?

>You’re the one pushing an interpretation that isn’t there.
No? I am taking everything there at face value. And there is no questioning of worthyness, there. Only literal enquiring that there is fool at play.

You haven't see her even imply he isn't worhty of Strange's duty.

for her to imply that, she'd first have to believe this is really what he is trying to do. Seeing that she isn't even there yet, you can't objectively accuse her of that.

She should know. Hell he stopped the war on Asgard by making himself the common enemy.

Honestly its like writers like Aaron dont know what to do with what Ewing wrote because they want evil loki.again. but i rather have anti hero/mostly good but still an asshole Loki.
It was a refreshing take that others writers arent really taking advantage of except for those wierd camoes he has in other books as the weird god friend no one really trusts.

Reminder that its not the hammer that makes the god, Janefags.

>Honestly its like writers like Aaron dont know what to do with what Ewing wrote because they want evil loki.again.
Look like OP issue want to make him good.

But the thing is, he remains a creation of Loki designed to fool people. Acting with caution is understandable.

Of course it isn't, it's the worthiness. And Jane has proved herself more than enough.

I’m saying, in that page, she comes in all sturm and drang making demands and prepared for a fight. In the follow up page she’s confused that he’s agreeing so quickly.

That doesn’t change that her first appearance there was entirely accusatory. If she really was there to politely investigate his intentions she wouldn’t have shown up for ready for war, her behavior in that first page is intended as threatening. It’s only on the next page where things aren’t going as she’s expecting (a villainous confrontation and fight) that she actually attempts to find out more about the situation

The God of Stories incarnation was a real treat, waiting out the debacle that was Doom being god and all

I enjoyed this issue as well and i can understand itwith caction but damn Jane does this every fucking time she sees him. Its tiring. Hes hasnt even dine shit yet but she flys off the handle.
And the others are giving him flack but woukd they have stepped up to take his place? I doubt it.

Prove it to me.

>That doesn’t change that her first appearance there was entirely accusatory.
Once again, it has nothing to do with being worthy of the Tittle. It's simply Thor being wary of a Loki's creation. You brought out the wrong point, user. Had you complained that Thor sure is showing unfair defiance after what New Loki has already done, you would have got a point. Instead, you tried to spun it into some kind of hypocrisy that isn't there in the first place, because potatoes.

>It’s only on the next page where things aren’t going as she’s expecting (a villainous confrontation and fight) that she actually attempts to find out more about the situation
A major step compared to the usual hero beating the crap out of the suspected villain before realising their mistake.

At least she listen to what he has to say.

I’m hoping that Loki is being sincere in taking over as Sorcerer Supreme while Stephen isn’t in top form and protecting the earth. Sure he might also want the office and resources for something else but I hope that it’s a relatively benign reason like restoring Verity or bringing back Leah.

And given people’s prejudice against him, I’m hoping that they continue the themes of not being allowed to grow, and like a bunch of suspicious mages led by Wanda get together, interfere with Loki doing his job and uncover a secret plot to do something nice for one of his friends

>If she really was there to politely investigate his intentions she wouldn’t have shown up for ready for war, her behavior in that first page is intended as threatening.
This is how Thor enters any scenery. Gotta make a good first impression, no matter what.

He’s not a Loki creation. He’s Loki. Loki is and always will be Loki and Loki changes, hero, villain, observer, Loki is as Loki does

Again only after she gives him a chance. She yelks and when he isbt reactibg she lets him talk. She never comes without thst accused tone in her words/actions.

Thing is, in this scenario Thor is also Spider-man. Randomly picking a fight with someone going about their own personal business who’s not doing anything wrong

>Randomly picking a fight with someone going about their own personal business
Thor didn't start the fight. As a matter of fact, there was no fight to start with. Just Thor appearing in a thunder after learning Loki might be up to no good. And then listening.

You don’t get to kick in the door screaming and get to politely ask questions after, a tone has been established, first impressions mean something.

>He’s not a Loki creation. He’s Loki
Wait, is he a new guy named Loki, or Loki? Because if it's the second case, thor's defiance is 100% justified.

Lets be real, she came in aggressive, she basically showed up waving a shotgun around demanding answers

Jane's shit character, and people overcompensate in writing her.
Loki has been an asshole but mostly harmless for her entire stint as "Thor"

And she still has no right to question anyone while she carries around someone else's name and hammer.

Yes. she acted aggressively toward someone she thought was up to no good.

>And she still has no right to question anyone while she carries around someone else's name and hammer.
I don't see why not. What's the logic behind that statement?

So wait... Are there actually two Lokis running around now?

I'd seen the one in GotG, and assumed they were just having God of Stories Loki as a villain again.

Are they ACTUALLY having both versions co-exist?

I mean, Would you trust a guy who is a god of mischief?

I mean you will raise an eyebrow if a pedophile suddenly becomes a school teacher even though he hasn't done anything.

Sauce?

>These niggas are arguing over a fucking picture book

I'm officially done with these stupid pointless Sup Forums arguments. This thread has shown me how sad this stuff is.

>I'm officially done with these stupid pointless Sup Forums arguments
I don't know what were you here for in the first place? did you expect there would be anything else?

> This thread has shown me how sad this stuff is.
This is actually a rather civil and interesting thread, compared to the usual.

What was the comic and issue number in the pic ?

Since before Jane even took the hammer Loki had mostly reformed. She has no ground to challenge what he does.

He's also not really the God of Mischief anymore either

Not saying you are wrong, there, but even in that context, I don't see how it could be stated that >she still has no right to question anyone while she carries around someone else's name and hammer.
Or haw that statement make any sense.

God of lies is more or less god of stories, which is also more or less god of

IMAGINATION

As long as we're doing meta-narratives and deconstructing truth he might as well be the god of postmodernism.

Pretty cool domain if you ask me.

Evil Loki always existed.
In Ewing's AoA Evil Loki told current Loki that his life is pretty much fixed and that he will always be evil.

That said, Young Loki doesn't believe that and has gone about trying to do what he thinks is right.

Right now, its being Sorcerer Supreme and collecting Infinity Stones.

I also read GOTG and have gotten confused about what Loki is up to.

This is likely a failing of editorial to keep his characterization consistent.

What right does someone who is assuming someone else's identity have to confront someone who is assuming someone else's identity?

It’s complicated. He’s a new guy who is also Loki.

First there was evil classic Loki, only he got predictable and decided to change, so he suicided and became....

Kid Loki, an innocent child, a blank slate, pure and without sin. A good boy that everyone mistreated as if he was the original Loki. Was genuinely a good person who managed to change, gave their life to destroy The Fear Crown (and dying as themselves) which led to....

Teen Loki! Or Agent of Asgard Loki!
A mental copy of the original Loki who overwrote Kid Loki’s mind. Only, when your first actual experience in the world is murdering an innocent child version of yourself, you tend to have some guilt. This guilt manifested itself in genuine change to do good. Original Loki has succeeded in a way, Loki is now no longer bound to being the predictable chaotic evil villain but he’s too permanently dead to appreciate it.

Towards the final events of Agents of Asgard Loki goes on a weird revelation Journey about what Lies really are, lies are stories and stories aren’t bad, they’re essential for stuff like hope and thus Teen Loki becomes God of Stories Loki. Then Battleworld happens and shit becomes hazy.

This is what I remember if the current state of Loki. I may be forgetting or misremembering some things

I really hope Loki becomes God of Imagination, that would be awesome.

Truth is, this is Loki trying to define himself. He doesn't want others to label him as a villain.

>This is likely a failing of editorial to keep his characterization consistent.

I was worried that was the case.

That's more or less what I remember. What loki books have been out since battleworld? I haven't been keeping up.

>Yes. she acted aggressively toward someone she assumed without evidence was up to no good.

FTFY

>What right does someone who is assuming someone else's identity have to confront someone who is assuming someone else's identity?
Again, read like said before, Thor's intervention isn't about Loki taking some else's mantle, it's about her thinking he is up to no good. She isn't confronting Loki because he is assuming Dr. Strange's role. She simply think he is up to evil. That she received the hammer that belonged to thor does in no way forbid her to confront someone that she consider might be up to no good. So, again, this statement make no sense. And there is no hypocrisy, here.

who cares? ignore the point

Young Avengers 2013, issue 13? I think

Objectively, almost every Marvel and DC heroes are guilty of this.

She thinks he's up to evil BECAUSE he's assuming Dr. Strange's identity though.

She's not confronting Loki because he's Loki, she's confronting Loki because he's calling himself Sorcerer Supreme

So you’re saying if he was walking down the street eating a burger and looking at memes on his phone she’d show up shooting thunder everywhere and demanding that he stop whatever eeeeeeevilll plan he had going on? You’re saying that him assuming the role of Sorcerer Supreme has no bearing on her showing up

True, but that doesn’t make it noble or right or heroic and not hypocritical

So it's a mental take over of a good Loki who stem from a sort of back up from the Old evil Loki. With those circumstance, I think it's fair to see Thor's defiance as justified.

There was Vote Loki but that was more satire with him as an obvious Truml analog so I don’t really count that. There were Loki’s on Battleworld but none of them were 616 Loki. Apparently he showed up in GotG? I’m assuming it’s got something to do with Angela (I’m not a fan of her inclusion into the MCU personally so I avoided that whole zone)

>and not hypocritical
?

There is nothing hypocrite about that.

>So you’re saying if he was walking down the street eating a burger and looking at memes on his phone she’d show up shooting thunder everywhere and demanding that he stop whatever eeeeeeevilll plan he had going on?
She came up after she learned of "his new trick". She would have showed no matter what he was doing.

>You’re saying that him assuming the role of Sorcerer Supreme has no bearing on her showing up
readagain.
for her to deem him unworthy of Strange's mantle, she first would have to assume this is what he is hionestly trying to do. She didn't come to him because she though he was trying to take after strange, she come because she thought he was deceptive about it.

Thinking someone is lying about the role they want to take and think one is not worthy aren't the same thing and you are confusing the two notions.

He’s not assuming the identity of Dr Stephen Strange. He took over his job because Strange is currently as magical as David Blaine and is unfit for title of Sorcerer Supreme.

He’s calling himself Sorcerer Supreme because he is Sorcerer Supreme.

If he’s got the keys to the fire truck, knows how to handle the hose, putting out fires, is qualified and is being employed as a firefighter I think he might be a firefighter

seeThere is no way for her to know He isn't the Old Loki.

His new trick of getting a job?

Imagine Loki flipping burgers and Thor blows in demanding that he stop what he’s doing he’s under arrest

Honestly user, I learn Loki is doing that, I would be super suspicious.

>His new trick of getting a job?

If loki becomes the president of USA....

Again, learn to read.
>for her to deem him unworthy of Strange's mantle, she first would have to assume this is what he is hionestly trying to do. She didn't come to him because she though he was trying to take after strange, she come because she thought he was deceptive about it.
>Thinking someone is lying about the role they want to take and think one is not worthy aren't the same thing and you are confusing the two notions.
If she think Loki is being deceiptful, then it has nothing to do with being worthy of Strang's Mantle.

there is zero hypocrisy you are trying to make lose connection to complain about an hypocrisy that isn't there in the first place.

No. Loki in Guardians is the reason Groot got kidnapped. He's doing some fuckery over yonder but Duggan hasn't expanded on it yet.

Right, we don't disagree. I just called Sorcerer Supreme an identity. He's not pretending, but she obviously heard about Loki: Sorcerer Supreme and came to intimidate him into telling her why this is happening.

>He's not pretending, but she obviously heard about Loki: Sorcerer Supreme and came to intimidate him into telling her why this is happening.
Which is not hypocrite. It's understandable to think the spawn of the trickster god might be up to no good.

You keep calling him spawn and creation and shit. What’s with that?

I do
Because it's fucking racist.

I think we’re all forgetting that this Loki has been absolved of several crimes by the All Mother in exchange for doing his secret agent stuff so he’s got an actual clean record on top of being a new Loki

That seemed the point of the phrase? Instead of the pot (Thor) calling the kettle (Loki) black despite being in the same situation the pot is being prejudiced and hurling verbal abuse and mistreating the kettle

It's his origin. He was basically a back-up of Evil Loki that accidentally turned good.

You hear that Stalin used Dark magic to transfer his soul to a clone of him, but then it accidentally made him good, you are still going to question if he isn't faking his goodness if he decide to take the direction of the Federal Security Service.

Yeah, so why don't you take that racist shit to Sup Forums instead?

Thunderstrike > Thor > Whor

>So, what is this page about? Because it looks to me like a pot calling the kettle a nigger
It is absiolutely not. for that to be the case, first, Thor would have to actually believe that Loki really want to be worthy of Strange's mantle.

It isn't the case.

Loki has had the best character development and most consistent writing out of anyone in Marvel

He needs a new name.

Like Fmirr.

Sounds like that Justice League episode with Captain Marvel fighting Supes

Who cares? Whor is garbage anyway.

beta ray bill .> Thunderstrike > thor > dargo ktor> whor

>that "to be continued..."

She earned it by having a vagina and cancer.

Hasn't Jane been a long supporting character who has ogt her share of action in the Thor comics, before she got the Hammer? It's not like she was a character that had been created in the last minute just to take over.

I'll be honest, I am not a Thor reader, but are you seriously telling me that since she has been introduced in the comic in 1952, she has never done anything noteworthy while being along Thor?

>Thor gave her the title and power.

There are so many things wrong with that.

First off, Thor is a name, not a fucking title.
>bbbut Beta Ray Bill
is a good character, that is rendered utterly retarded by being made """a Thor""".

Secondly, Thor thinking "you're worthy" does not make a person worthy of shit. And honestly, what the fuck makes her worthy? Having cancer and a vagina? Even after getting the hammer, she hasn't done anything truly heroic. She hasn't sacrificed shit. She just runs around hitting villains weaker than her, and going on about how she needs to be "a symbol".

She should be "The Super Virtue Signaler", not "Thor".

>Secondly, Thor thinking "you're worthy" does not make a person worthy of shit.
You might think he has some good level of judgement to evaluate both the burden of his task and the person she has known for years.

Also, if he want his name to be a tittle he can do so.
>She hasn't sacrificed shit. She just runs around hitting villains weaker than her, and going on about how she needs to be "a symbol".
Being worthy of the hammer also means you do not seek for glory or act of bravura. you take up the task and duty that present to you and save the life you have to save, even if they aren't glorious. Glory is not something you seek, but that you surmount when it present itself to you. She has taken the responsibility seriously, no matter how small the task and that alone is noteworthy.

>he should be "The Super Virtue Signaler", not "Thor".
Not that there is anything wrong with Virtue Signalling. it's only ever wrong if you are an hypocrite about it.

>And honestly, what the fuck makes her worthy? Having cancer and a vagina?
please, answer