Why did Frank Miller hate Dick Grayson?

Why did Frank Miller hate Dick Grayson?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dZFaOd8XL8E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

People in the 70's/80's really fucking hated Robin because muh realism or some shit

Real question is, why would anybody like Dick Grayson?

It's a mystery

he turns people's perception of Batman from badass to queer

This. I never got why a guy dressed as a bat to inspire fear would bring with him a kid dressed like a fag.

youtube.com/watch?v=dZFaOd8XL8E

It's because writers wanted to give readers a character they could identify with and this was back when comic readers were still almost entirely children.
In universe explanation though is that Bruce saw how Dick's parents were killed and that naturally hit on the fundamental basis of Bruce's entire life as an avenging vigilante.

I know i just wanted to know if there was a "canon/official" explanation about why robin used this suit.
Also fuck self insert faggots. The entire point of Batman character is that you can't self insert.

>a "canon/official" explanation about why robin used this suit.
A) It was inspired by his circus performing costume as a tribute to his murdered parents.
B) Robin is short for "Robin Hood." He wanted to be Robin Hood and dressed up like Robin Hood, including the hood part, but Batman pointed out the hood would be dangerous in a fight as something someone could just pull over his head, so he got rid of that part of the costume and dropped the "Hood" part of the name.

>The entire point of Batman character is that you can't self insert.
Just because you say it doesn't make it true.

Oh yea you easily self insert into Bruce wayne?

>DKR
>"Dick, I'm sorry Dick"

>DKSA
>"DIE DICK YOU WERE ALWAYS WEAK HAHAHA!"

lube

I don't think he meant it, he just knew he had to be a jerk to him to throw him off his game so he could have a chance at beating him.

Because he looks gay and gives Frank an uncomfortable tingle.

Anndhere I thought the point was cashing in on the Shadow.

I’ll grant you that at some point being a character the reader can’t identify with may have become _a_ point, but hardly a major one.

>entire point of Batman character is that you can't self insert.
Kek. Batman is the biggest self-insert for casuals in comics today. How many times has someone said
>Batman is humanity's representative on the JL.
>What makes Batman so great is he doesn't have any powers so you or I could be Batman if we trained hard enough XD

He looks gay to most people, it's why most writers bury a mountain of pussy on top of him to stop the stereotype

>Batman is humanity's representative on the JL
Doesn't help the self insert.
>What makes Batman so great is he doesn't have any powers so you or I could be Batman if we trained hard enough XD
You forget the point where Batman is a billionaire.

Seriously i don't think the normies self insert on batman. They "admire" him sure as a symbole of what a man can accomplish. But if you self insert in him, then you self insert into anything.

>97047613
>male power fantasy2

Hmm..

I have more.

kek

>>male power fantasy2

Hmm..

This better?

This. You can even see Batman was heartbroken while watching Dick falling into the magma.

>Farewell, Boy Wonder

How bout this one?

It looked better in Convergence with a few tweaks.

No wonder Dickfags kept screaming about the blue fingerstripes. It's the only decent costume he has.

You mean Dick Grayson age twelve

>most writers bury a mountain of pussy on top of him to stop the stereotype
Honestly, it only makes thing worse for some reason.

They’re both dressed like fags.

Stop projecting such nonsense. Nobody likes it when kid sidekicks are added to a series.

What if it’s to make Robin look more innocent so people wouldn’t want to hurt him as much?

> Batman's original design inspire fear.

Anyway, being stared at in a dark alley by a guy in a strange costume would scare most people, regardless of how ridiculous it looks. Heck, the ridiculous aspect may just made it more eerie.

No.

The entire point of the entire genre is for the readers to imagine themselves as the hero.

Can't you even into heroic adventure?

>for casuals
How dumb.

I adore that costume...its so goddam comic book-y

Does he have yaoi hands?

Kids do.

>not endearing yourself to orphans who you can train into a future army of followers
do you even Charles Dickens?

I never wanted to be the kid sidekick.

Why does Frank Miller hate everything?

What the hell do you expect from Frank "If she's a whore, she'll drop to the floor" Miller?

Frank "Islam's The Bomb" Miller
Frank "Allahu Akbaar, Batman All-Star" Miller
Frank "Gonna Shoot A Slut In The Butt" Miller
Frank "Enter My Sin City" Miller