How does the comic compare to the show?

How does the comic compare to the show?

Other urls found in this thread:

dc.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Waylon_Jones_(New_Earth)/Appearances
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Doesn't have the highs of the show (mostly -- the comic of Mad Love is a masterpiece), but way more consistent. Still one of the most underrated Batman runs ever. Definitely the best of the 90s.

>Definitely the best of the 90s.
Let me stop you right there

Parobeck>Templeton

Hey guys i remember a comic about batman i read when i was little : Batman is fighting Killer croc (not sure) and i think that he loses. His fist get even stuck into Killer croc.
Do you remember a comic about this?

dc.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Waylon_Jones_(New_Earth)/Appearances

In some ways it's even better because of the greater creative freedom the writers had.

What are some of the big standout stories/issues aside from Mad Love?

It's fucking art, and you should buy the paperbacks. I was excited to add them to my library.

>Definitely the best of the 90s.

The comic began slowly but after a while you can't make the difference between the second show and the comic since the first TAS had many serious or tragic stories while the comic was more light-hearted. Howerver Templeton wrote some really good stories with some degree of a serious tone.

When Dini was light-hearted it's hard to distinguish him from Templeton. I really admire how good Templeton was to imitate Dini's work and the spirit of the show. He even made up some dynamics he liked and were interesting.

Templeton was a source of many really funny stories, the guy had ideas, he was wit instead of just repeating the same episodes of TAS, remakes, like writers nowadays.

want a quick storytime?

Those are not runs. Black & White is an artists' showcase and terribly inconsistent.

The comics were better than the show.

I heard Superman Adventures was fun

>Black & White is an artists' showcase and terribly inconsistent.
There are a couple "eh" stories, but the same can be said for the Batman Adventures. The first 4 issues from the 90s are filled with some absolute top tier stories.

This is an anthology and so is Black and White. So yeah. TBA is the best Batman run of the 90s.

The Millar issues in particular are great and I say this as someone who otherwise hates MM.

That was a good read.

bump

Overall I'd say that the Batman Adventures run was pretty damn good. Especially when at the time AZBats was running around.

They really feel like a continuation of the show. Some issues, like the Mr.Freeze ones, are really damn good.

Also, they were able to get away with a little more than the show. Things like blood, Huntress sleeping in the nude, lot more sexual innuendo, etc.

>Huntress sleeping in the nude, lot more sexual innuendo, etc.
I'm sure Timm tried his damnedest to get that in the show

Lost Years mini series, for one.

That panel from the comic where Harley, wearing lingerie, makes wroom-wroom noises on Js desk launched me into puberty. Good times.

I liked it but a lot of the Adventures comics read too quickly and didn't give satisfying single-issue reading experiences. I always felt like they should have been ten pages longer or else had a bit more compression in some of the pages.

They're generally very good and you should read them, but the show was way better. The comics tended to ape of the pacing and storytelling of the show, which is reasonable, but 23 pages of this stuff in comic form only amounts to like six minutes of cartoon time.

So every issue of the comic was like a single segment of the tv show, between commercial breaks. But they tried to cram entire stories into this amount of space.

It's still good, but if I remember right Batman Adventures won an Eisner or two (even before Mad Love), which is kind of ridiculous since it was a far cry from the heights of the cartoon series.

I tended to like the Batman & Robin Adventures series more than BA.