What's the appeal of this show

What's the appeal of this show

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_KRpna3yA80
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9iUKBjqIF8HbWdJelNMbnBVQm8?usp=sharing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's good. That's the appeal.

It's clever with likable characters and a nice art style. It's also not as obnoxious compared to say, clone high or moral orel.

penis

penis penis penis penis penis

It's the most accurate portrayal of hipsters in the late 90s that you're going to get. It's a stunning period piece, really.

If they ever brought the show back, would it continue in the same period when it ended, or would they be using smartphones, Wi-Fi and other modern things?

I'd argue that Slacker is the best portrayal of 90s hipsters, but yeah I dig.
I think they could update it without much problem, so long as they got actually good writers

considering that the show was confirmed to take place in SF, it'd be interesting at the very least.

>considering that the show was confirmed to take place in SF,
By who? I thought Cosmopolis was inspired mostly by Boston.

goat man lmao

I though it was a fictional city, and it looks like an east coast one as well.

Good writing, fun animation, superb voice acting.

Are you G-O-P, Sup Forums?

The Kafkaesque situations

The premise is solid as is the writing. The art is interesting. The characters are memorable smucks. The show had a continuity where things would change permanently. Andy was supposed to get a new job every 7 episodes. It depicted a gay couple who were old and had hilarious fight.

These.

As a kid I liked that they listened to ska music.

It's funny because it's clearly not Kafkaesque.

i think people would think it was funnier if it said "No meet touching please"

youtube.com/watch?v=_KRpna3yA80

Makes me feel nostalgic of a time that I don't even remember

Fuck. I think I'm about 15 years younger than Andy but I know exactly how he feels.

Because Sup Forums lives the lives of the characters the two brothers simply being them at different parts of their lives.

I thought it was northard east myself

does SF have above ground trains?

Shitty internet won't let me watch this but is it safe to assume this is Andy's elevator ride, the "You really need to get a foothold by your mid twenties" one?

>33
>went to college in mid-20s
>have never succeeded
>younger friends met in college now in their mid-20s are magnitudes more successful than me
40 and worthless, here I come!

It is

I only tuned in on the off chance Posey would get naked.

Right off the bat, having Italian Leather Sofa as the theme song.

After that, solid comedy.

>28
>shitty security job with low prospects of moving up
Sometimes I wish a truck would hit me at work so I could sue

It's not like hipsters have changed much, other than different fashion and a heavier focus on tech. The general attitudes are largely the same.

>The expansion pack Andy, what am I supposed to expand upon if I dont have the game
Don't lie, you've been Kevin in this situation and realized later how much of a brat you were being

Unlike Tumblr and almost all of today's TV shows, it managed to actually write gay dudes without resorting to caricatures, stereotypes or queerbaiting.

Clone high is pretty funny, moral Orel I like enough but it's basically a One joke show in a way

>What's the appeal of this show

none, thats why it was cancelled

penispenispenispenispenispenis

Restored version with the licensed music that got replaced on the DVD, if anyone was looking for it:
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9iUKBjqIF8HbWdJelNMbnBVQm8?usp=sharing

Neat.

Likeable characters, it's not fucking obnoxious on certain things. The characters are actually all interesting and have flaws.

Funny dialogue.

To appreciate its Gen X feel you have to be born before 1982

MODS!

>Andy was supposed to get a new job every 7 episodes
and a new love interest every season, I think

After a few seasons it could have led to a neat "what am I doing with my life?" kind of episode

>subway
>90 cents

Andy was 24 in 1999, that would mean being literally 15 years younger would peg you as 27 right now.
But I just think this person had a misunderstanding as to how old Andy is supposed to be.
or underageb&

meant for

On some real shit I'm feeling this right now like damn

i wonder if it will ever air on TV again.

At least it's not tied up in rights or tax bullshit so there's nothing stopping Adult Swim from airing it if they wanted to.
I think it deserves some kind of modern re-exposure, if not TV re-airing then Hulu or Netflix.
Or you could just pass the Google Drive link around, it fixes a lot of quality issues with the DVDs that are probably in the broadcast masters too (mostly bad interlacing/telecine artifacts).

> have never succeeded
but you did try, user.

tried more than i

One of me ex's introduced me to this show about ten years ago. I saw the pilot and the one where the younger brother gets drunk for the first time. I thought it was OK for what I saw. It also made me think of another show called "Undergrads". Anyone else think they were similar?

I'm the original guy who said he's 15 years younger than Andy and I am 27. So I guess I was right

Not even close, guy

Goobergeiger

Or

Beigerbeiger

????

it was cozy

The neighborhood and city of Mission Hill is fictional; trying to function as a "could be any big city in the USA." However, one or both of the creators used a neighborhood in Chicago as the primary basis. And Chicago does have above gound trains

year older myself and right there with you brother.

It's really relatable in a real way that not a lot of shows are, animated or not

i only remember them eating the couch and nothing else

As a kid this helped get me into Ska.

What Preston Sturges movie was this?

> t. didntwatchseason3

>does SF have above ground trains?
Yes