Helga and Arnold

>Crush tries to talk you about how he's feeling down about his parents who have been absent for most of his life and doesn't know if they're still alive.
>Screw that, I only care about how he feels about me romantically

Helga was a bit of an asshole more so than usual in this movie.

Storge>>>>Eros

I don't think she was more of an asshole, but this is definitely the most spaghetti she's spilt before in one setting

I couldn't contain my laughter when she snuck out at the end to retrieve her locket

also does anyone have a webm of her unable to say "feelings"

Helga didn't get IT until she saw Arnold crying.

Consider her family background.

Helga was always a toxic piece of shit
She's trying and she's genuine but at the end of the day she's the type of person you should never become involved with

Still no excuse for what she said to Arnold in that moment. Arnold deserves better than that

Wait a second what is this from?

Helga is a very damaged person. Honestly, I'm surprised she isn't in a worse state.

She isn't THAT bad. Most of her bad behavior stems from her insecurities and her upbringing. And, for god's sake, she's just a child. I've known WAY worse people in my childhood that turned out okay in adulthood.

This. When she finally realises how important it is to him she decides to help him, not solely out of a selfish desire for him to requite her love, but really to make him happy.

The Jungle Movie, user. It aired yesterday.

Helga is a major reason Arnold got to reunite with his parents, user. She even helped Mr. Hyunn reunite with his daughter for Christmas by sacrificing her boots, which is probably the most selfless thing she's ever done. She may be a cunt, but she's really a good person with MASSIVE issues.

>helps find the Vietnamese girl
>goes searching through a dump for Arnold's hat
>helps Arnold save the tree even though her family would have gotten rich of it
>tries to stop Arnold from being manipulated while they are at the beach together
>comforts Arnold when Lila dumps him
>everything in the original movie
>everything in this movie

If being a weird, passionate stalker outweighs all of this stuff I just assume these Anons have no idea what love might involve.

Thank you.

Still no excuse. I grew up with a kid who was an asshole to everyone he met and I was told by my parents " that he's had a hard life, try to be understanding "

A lack of empathy is a sign of autism, user.

No, not wanting to deal with shitty people is common sense.
Some people are just born psychopaths and no amount of understating and sympathy is gonna change that; if anything, it'll make you a more obvious victim to target.

You have reasons to resent that bully, but at large Helga has done a lot of good for Arnold that balances out the mean words she used to hide her feelings.

Are you seriously suggesting that Helga is a psychopath? She's melodramatic, over the top and has a prickly persona - but she is not an actual psychopath. She isn't even really a sociopath. She does hang out with Arnold as a friend after all.

Their children's eyebrows will be a foot long.

I think this started as a big scheme to finally secure Arnold's affection. She did all of this for him. She knows that at this point Arnold is somewhat aware of her feelings toward him, even if he can't accept it. So, she felt this act would be enough and that she would therefore deserve Arnold's love for it. When Arnold was still bummed out about his parents, she snapped since he was thinking about her at all. Maybe she didn't understand wanting to meet your parents considering how shitty hers are. When she finally sees him crying over it, she realizes how important this is and wants to help him to make him happy. I think overall Helga did seem more aggressive than usual.

>low ratings mean there will never be a season 6

Damn it.

I'm not arguing that Helga is a psychopathic, user.
I was referring to that kid that user was talking about, the one who got a free pass to be an asshole because he'd "had a hard life".

Her parents are assholes and his didn't even bother to be around. Easily taken for how they just abandoned him. How would she know they were loveable?

At least we got this user. A conclusion was way more than I ever expected.

Craig said he'd be up for doing a comic instead, as long as it's canon cuteness, who cares if it's animated

I would be happy with this.

>A conclusion was way more than I ever expected.

Sure, but now i've been teased.

Yo, this was great.

It was tonally very different from the Hey Arnold that I remember, but I'd pay ten bucks a month for more Helga/Arnold cuteness.

>i waited so long for this

fuck man i still remember watching the same short clip with his parents near the waterfall thing years ago at like 480p as some autistic youtuber talked about how the movie was never made

Das it mang.

whats its name?

But it's not like Helga gets a total free pass for all the shit she's done. There's a lot of episodes where she gets shit on for her bad behavior. And as another user pointed out, even though she could be a bitch, Arnold and Helga still hung out as friends.

On some level Arnold knew that Helga's behavior was a front, even in the Married episode he seemed to know that her standoffish personality was just a cover.

I'm not talking about Helga; I'm just shitting on the justification that bad people need understanding to be better and it's everyone's fault that they're that way.
Sometimes it might be true, but some people are just born bad.
And I repeat, I don't have Helga in mind as I say this.

>Why are you doing this?! Look, I know you’re not this lazy and cold and uncaring! You may act like that, but, deep down, I know you’re smart and you have feelings...

>"I... I don’t know what you’re talking about..."

>Yes, you do, Helga! Why can’t you just admit it? You’re not this mean!

I remember being a kid and at the local mall there was some event where you got to meet Spongebob and Arnold. Some guys dressed up as them in big suits and posed for photos with the kids. When I got my turn the Spongebob guy took a break and so I only got a picture with Arnold. My mom's a pack rat, so the photo has been on our fridge since then, and I basically saw it every day I lived at home. It reminded me of the show and I'd look it up to watch when it wasn't airing anymore. I remember reading about the cancelled movie years ago any being really bummed out about it since I liked the show. Watching it as I got older really made me appreciate it too. I'm so happy this happened.

So do they end up together at the end?

Pretty much. Though it doesn't seem to be like a formal relationship, they both know they like each other now.

But apparently Craig has said they end up married.

So what? That'd be years away. They're still exploring each other and their feelings. It's actually much cuter this way than just Arnold unrealistically becoming her boyfriend just like that.

I don't think Helga is a psycho/sociopath but I agree with your point overall. People tend to cut 'troubled' people too much slack, it's like the tumblerinas who excuse every shitty act as 'coping with mental illness'. You can't just expect everyone to stay with and cater to a shitty person on the expanse of their own nerves and health, that's where enablers come from.

I'm okay with this being the last animated HA piece. I've loved the series for what it was, and this is a nice conclusion. No season 6 necessary.

You guys speak as if Helga has done something terrible to Arnold in the past. Besides the stalking.

I was expecting tears to fall on the photograph...
they didn't.
Arnold didn't fully cry.

And honestly I was very surprised Helga got so angry that she threw away her locket. Like, after nine years of devotion, in that one moment, you give up, just like that and say fuck it? No way. No way that's all it took. It almost felt a bit out of character.

I wanted it years ago, now, not so much. But hey, a comic would be nice.

Yes, but helga is still tsundere about it. They both like each other and eventually should become a couple.

I hope Helga enjoys having her vag obliterated when the football head crowns.

no, that's being a psychopath
quit being a fucking memelord and calling everything autism

>No way that's all it took.

>confess your love
>guy basically pretends it never happened
>a year passes
>finally trying to pluck up the courage to say something again
>manage to get him on a trip where he can find his parents
>climbs up to the crow's nest alone
>finally think he might have realised
>convince yourself he is going to confess to her
>no, he's still talking about his parents
>hopes crushed
>confess AGAIN
>again, guy basically just blows you off
>what the fuck bro
>get irrationally angry and depressed

>no, that's being a psychopath

No. It's not.

Psychopath
>a person suffering from chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behaviour

She isn't quite that bad. Did you forget about the episode where she goes to therapy?

>And honestly I was very surprised Helga got so angry that she threw away her locket. Like, after nine years of devotion, in that one moment, you give up, just like that and say fuck it? No way. No way that's all it took. It almost felt a bit out of character.
I think this was Helga at wits end. She got everyone together and provided all the video so that they could win the contest. She has basically confessed to Arnold in the past, so he must be aware of how she feels. She did all of this out of love for Arnold, thinking it would finally make him like her. When Arnold wasn't even thinking about it when she confronted him, she lost it. She traveled all the way to South America for him and he still didn't reciprocate.

>low ratings mean there will never be Bye Bye Beavers

So what's his endgame? Does he actually like Helga? He saved her locket with a picture of another guy in it. He's been stalking her for years and probably has heard all her speeches about Arnold.

He loves Helga. He loves Helga so much that he is willing to put aside his own chances of being with her to help her and Arnold.

>tfw Helga influenced the way I treat boys
>men don't like tsundere
Anime lied to me.

Screw you.

>Wanting the attention of plebs with no taste
I don't know what you expected.

>confess your love
>guy basically pretends it never happened

They never made reference to the 2002 movie, which I think we really dumb considering all the callbacks to episodes during the "Helga taped everything" montage. Also, Arnold DID know after the confession in the first movie. He gave Helga a way out at the end, because...they needed time to work it out. I didn't notice that when I was younger (I was ticked too, wtf is that shit Arnold?), but I see it now with older eyes.

And don't forget April Fools Day...that's post first movie. Arnold knew about her feelings, and that's why there is tension in that episode between them. Arnold pushes her buttons. The tango scene was one of the best written scenes with them together. I would have loved an entire season with antics like in that episode, with that animation.

It also stands to reason that if TJM had been made closer to the ending of the original series, which finished in mid 2001, we would have more than likely had a different Arnold/Helga dynamic. I think it would have been a little more like AFD, and we would have still had Alex Linz voicing Arnold who I thought did a very good job, and really brought the character back to life after years of season four and five Arnold sound boring, nasally and unexpressive.

>When Arnold wasn't even thinking about it when she confronted him, she lost it. She traveled all the way to South America for him and he still didn't reciprocate.
Then the boat scene could have been written a bit differently, to include *a little* reference to what happened in the first movie, with them on top of the FTI building. No way Arnold would have forgotten that kiss, but you need to portray to the viewers that he didn't forget, and isn't just being dense, which is a trait he unfortunately garnered late in the show's run.

I did like the scream at the end of it all, Franny still got it.

Is he a cuck?

Still, she's also been a dick to him, her friends and other people. I feel more sympathy for Arnold and other characters in the show with problems than I do for Helga at times.

I think that he loves Helga’s feelings for Arnold more than he loves Helga in any capacity that would involve him interacting with her. He’s a hardcore shipper.

He is Craig Bartlett.

Wow, Arnold is puny.

Talk about a MANLET

She's usually mean to him and she got him sent to detention in one episode when he got sick of her shit and retaliated. Then she also messed with the cheese fair ride and almost got him and that other girl killed out of jealousy. Plus, having a camera in his room is also beyond disgusting I'm surprised Gerald didn't get angry or freaked out.

They referenced it in all but name.
(early on in the movie)Helga: "I told you once before"

(confession)Arnold:"Listen, I know you tried to tell me before, but I wasn't ready to hear it. But now, this whole thing, the trip to San Lorenzo..."
He lists the trip to san lorenzo as separate to the confession. I think he's referring to fti here

It's vague, but I think it was intentionally written to be so that you might (if you remember it) think back to the movie. It was a nice touch.

He just wants to watch them kiss eventually.

I don't know what to feel about this

This, I can’t believe Gerald and Phoebe let that shit slide

She's still in the wrong for that whole incident, not Arnold. His situation with his parents was more important than her creepy crush.

There's been an entire, literal generation of kids who have only known The Sponge from Nickelodeon. What did you expect?

Exactly, that scene made me lose a bit of respect for Mr Bartlett. Gerald and Phoebe normally would say something, but nope it's all A-okay "It's supposed to be cute Helga X Arnold 4Ever! tee hee"

It really had low ratings? That sucks

Yeah, but the point that she rightfully flags up is that Arnold wouldn't even be in San Lorenzo without her efforts. She expects at least some answers from him.

Source? I'm curious about this guys

CLEAVAGE

It was intentionally comical and supposed to be creepy. I think that was a callback to that episode when Helga ends up in Arnold's room trying to get that parrot and she sees him undress. Basically the whole 'videos' thing was a way to reference older episodes, so I wouldn't take it too seriously.

The kid was depressed about his parents worrying whether they were alive or not. It's not like he wasn't grateful. Helga was being an insensitive ass in that scene.

I knew there would be autists complaining about this. Nobody is perfect and she was too caught up in her own shit, had too much of Bob in her.

She has a big heart on the inside and Arnold saw that, i'm proud of Craig for not flanderizing her good qualities and actually highlighting her flaws.

No way they have numbers out already, probably bullshit.

Still creeps me out. Her and Brainy are perfect for each because they're both disgusting stalkers.

See

Basically this. Behead all those that insult Arnold x Helga.

I don't mind, at least we got a ending.

Hellnold

Piss off, mate.

Holy fuck, it's out?

I disagree, you could tell he wasn't buying her shit at the start of the movie anymore when they bumped into eachother, him glancing at Gerald made it pretty obvious they knew she's just pulling her front, he's still playing her game. During the video tape scene, I think he knew what would happen by touching her shoulder, he was being careful with his behavior. In the normal series before the first movie, he would have given her a giant hug, but that wasn't the case. He knows.

He didn't even get angry at all towards her being mean at him and calling him names throughout the whole film. I do however wish some direct references to AFD and the movie were in there, but it was pretty obvious that Arnold wasn't oblivious to her behaviour here.

Yup, it was good minus this part.

Oh shit, so it's real. Craig you magnificent bastard.

We don't know the digital ratings yet

I honestly wish they just left this scene out to be honest. The Brainy scene after was cute, but I would have preferred it if she didn't confess but then was forced to show her locket to Arnold at the end. His reaction would have been much better

I WAS ARNOLD!!!

THEY DIDN’T EVEN LET ME FUCKING AUDITION BUT OF COURSE FRANCESCA GETS A PHONE CALL, BECAUSE FRANCESCA GETS EVERYTHING

IM GLAD THIS MOVIE FAILED, HEY ARNOLD WILL NEVER HAVE AN ACTUAL FINALE UNTIL I AM RESTORED AS THE RIGHTFUL VOICE OF ARNOLD!!!!!!

As much as I Want To Believe, the original Arnold VA is in the movie as one of the pirates.

Lane best cheeky Arnold
>sneaks into the movie
>try to dick a 6th grader
>WHO even needs helga's play

Dude, without Francesca Hey Arnold would have been long forgotten as a cartoon.

only "men" dont like tsundere

>Age characters up, move them to high school
>Bring back Lane as a cheekier Arnold who plays up to Helga's embarrassment over her feelings
Just put it on Splat or something. I'd watch it.

Tsundere in real life can be easily shit if done wrong

I had a tsundere like this in my life for years, which actually is a part of the reason I grew to love Hey Arnold so much. The only problem is that, unlike Helga, she never managed to pluck up the courage to say anything about her feelings directly to me and ended up slowly growing resentful.