In an alternate timeline, Livewire became the breakout character, while Harley remained in obscurity

In an alternate timeline, Livewire became the breakout character, while Harley remained in obscurity.

Other urls found in this thread:

dc.wikia.com/wiki/Mercy_Graves
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I wish they could be popular at the same time.

It's pretty easy to give her a popularity boost. Just put her in the next Injustice, or DC Superhero Girls. Put her on a platform with modern exposure. Harley only got lucky because she was tied to the Joker, who is inexorably tied to Batman. But it was the Arkham games that made her a hit.

When will it be Mercy's time?

She should be on the Gotham City Sirens instead of CatWoman. She is from Gotham but moves to Metropolis when she's older.

That was a good timeline

she had her shot, but died in the pissbombing

Fuck Livewire! Here's a girl that needs more love!

not with that fuking butch haircut she didn't

Wasn't she said to be an amazon in some iteration? Stick her in a WW movie as a major character.

>>Wasn't she said to be an amazon in some iteration?
Yep.

dc.wikia.com/wiki/Mercy_Graves

>Stick her in a WW movie as a major character.
Lex already killed her.

Don't most Harley fans on this board hate the current iteration of her? If Livewire got popular instead, she would be female Thor or something as equally dumb and morphed into a marvel ripoff character for normies to lap up.

The rest of Livewire art I got is too lewd.

>tfw Livewire will never shock you with a kiss.

Livewire is one of those characters who should be popular but isn't.

Poor Dan, at his age an electrostim fetish is the last thin he needs.

I'd argue that both Livewire and Mercy both have the ability to gain a good following. DC just hasn't really used them yet. Once Harley loses steam, and perhaps Killer Frost, they'll move on to these lovely ladies. Question is, when?

Is there a reason they look identical to harley?

There make by the same guy Bruce Timm .

Meh, I can see why Livewire never got that popular, for one she has a dumb reason to hate Superman, her design is nothing special and she's not too likable or the type who's so bad you love to hate.
And her powerset is nothing special

Maybe if her personality was fleshed out more but as of now, I can see why she's not as popular as Harley.

>Once Harley loses steam
That ain't gonna happen.
Harley's one of the faces of DC now.

She does not stand out much when she is just electric Killer Frost

I just want more Livewire and Mercy
Their personalities are completely different

>When will it be Mercy's time?
When DC decides to write her falling in love with Clark Kent while still having a hate boner for Superman. The hijinks would be legendary.

She wants to bone Lex, no?

>Livewire won't ever alternate between her original design and her villain persona.

Dude, DC girls killing with Kisses is my fetish.

She made the crossover to the comics, and became a regular member of Superman's villain roster. That's more than can be said about most animated series OCs.

She also starred on Supergirl, so thats at least something.

>She wants to bone Lex, no?
She wants a nice quite shy country boy who's big enough to make her feel like a woman.

Seriously. I think she's doing pretty alright for herself.

I like Supergirl but that honestly isn't saying much, seeing how they constantly steal Superman's rogues.

>for one she has a dumb reason to hate Superman
It wasn't dumb, it was 100% projection. She hates him because he's the good person she isn't.

I really liked Livewire, but I doubt that would happen even in an alternate timeline. The electricity thing is too specialized for exploding in popularity among girls looking for a slutty cosplay option and like this user said, the hair is also a limiting factor:
This one's more realistic as an alternate timeline Harley type craze:

>Literally Freakazoid done seriously.

Yeah, I should invest in more SFW Livewire pics. Namely this

Then it's just a rehash of Lex's thing.

>Livewire
>Not having slutty cosplay potential
How fucking dense are you?

Mercy is too generic to have really caught on. She doesn't really have any distinct features, so every later incarnation is nearly unrecognizable as the same character. At least Harley has the pale face and split color motif, so you can still tell who she's supposed to be even in her most extreme re-imaginings.

I didn't say she has nothing going for her, just that she doesn't have the same potential to reach the level of the Harley craze. Electricity is too narrow of a gimmick, as opposed to Harley whose superpower was being an abused gf.

How is electricity too narrow of a gimmick? Its one of the most versatile powers you could possibly have. And as for character, she might not get pity points, but shes still a loudmouth shock jockey that made a career talking shit about everybody. You seriously don't think fangirls wouldnt lap that shit up?

>How is electricity too narrow of a gimmick?
Because Harley is just abused gf the character while Livewire has a specific elemental ability going on. Some people will like electricity as a power but it's not the sort of thing that would explode into all girls everywhere suddenly cosplaying as her like what happened with Harley.

Why did you completely ignore the second half of that post?

>electricity is a gimmick
>killer frost doesn't have a personality just an ice gimmick
>firebrand doesn't have a personality just a fire gimmick
what the fuck are you even arguing

Luthor's not projecting. He hates Superman because the jerk keeps getting in his way.

>Fuck Livewire
If you think I won't put my dick in dangerous and crazy you don't know dick.

This. If you wanted to fully exploit electricity to the maximum degree:

>Can add lightning to storm clouds to make them activate and rain down lightning.
>One of the more lesser known uses: if you can absorb electricity, since our body is made of electrical impulses, you could theoretically absorb all of the bodies natural electricity and leave them a braindead husk.
>The opposite of this would be someone that can absorb electricity and use that to power their own bodies electrical impulses to move at faster speeds then normal.
>If you were to cut someone, you could sent electricity into their bloodstream, frying them from the inside.
>You could supercharge the air, enough for the air to expand at the speed of light, causing it to explode at the speed of light to nullify attacks (enel from one piece did this to block a fire attack)
>If your body itself is made out of electricty, this would include your own thoughts, and this would mean that you could technically flood your thoughts through a persons nervous system and into their brain, causing you to be able to mind control them.

Power over electricity literally has countless uses, many of which actual authors neglect.

>Luthor's not projecting.
Yes he is, that's all he does.

She does nothing but bitch about how problematic Superman is. I'm sure she'd be very popular in certain circles.

And in that universe she becomes an obscenely obnoxious piece of trash in the hands of various bad writers and terrible fans

while some dude on Sup Forums posts screencaps of Harley lamenting over how she should've gotten big and how they got the worst timeline

He doesn't hate Superman because he's a better person than he is because he doesn't consider Superman a better person at all.

Those are all true though, none of those characters you mentioned got anywhere near as popular as Harley and none of them ever will.
>Why did you completely ignore the second half of that post?
Because it didn't raise any points worth commenting on? Nobody cares that she had a radio job and used it for gossiping purposes. That wouldn't be "lapped up" to anywhere near Harley levels of popularity. That's once again a relatively obscure niche thing, not a massive "all girls being into it everywhere" Harley level thing.

You completely missed the point. Its not about her job, it's about the fact that she speaks her mind constantly not giving a shit what people think. That's part of the reason stupid fangirls love Harley so much dumbass. Not saying I want this mind you (because we don't need more cancerous fanbases), but the point still stands Livewire could gain a following given her character

>He doesn't hate Superman because he's a better person than he is
Nigger what? That's his entire motivation.

No, you're the one missing the point that nobody is going to take the time to learn enough about a character like her to know or care about the trait you're talking about in the first place.
Do you think most girls who dressed up as Harley were intimately familiar with her BTAS storyline and subsequent comicbook appearances? No, that's just you projecting your autism onto the exact opposite of autism which is girls dressing up as a slutty character for fun.
Livewire will never, ever, ever be a Harley. I'm baffled that you can convince yourself otherwise.

That reminds me. How come none of the super friends characters got used. Does Hannah Barbera own them? Apache Chief, Black Vulcan, easy diversity adds and decent enough powers to add to teams.

Lex is jealous of Superman because he has powers, not because he's a naive do-gooder. He'd hate Superman regardless of what kind of personality he had.

>citing a movie that was so bad it will be scrubbed from canon within a few years.

I'm pretty sure they still use Apache Chief, just changed him to be less stereotypical, but Black Vulcan only exists because they couldn't use Black Lightning for some reason.

What the fuck are you even arguing about anymore? What you're too dense to fucking grasp is that all it takes is one fucking movie featuring Livewire in a slutty outfit saying whatever the fuck she wants is all it takes for her to be popular. I never said it will happen, just that it could given what DC has to work with. Of course your the same dumbass who thinks electricity is too narrow of a gimmick even Killer Frost is popular thanks to ice powers and being on a shit show

Killer Frost is nowhere near Harley popular, I don't know why you keep conflating those two completely different levels of popularity.
>What the fuck are you even arguing anymore?
The same exact thing I've been arguing about consistently from the beginning, that Livewire can't get Harley levels of popularity. It just won't happen. There's nothing universally appealing to girls everywhere about a lightning powered supervillain.

>Lex is jealous of Superman because he has powers, not because he's a naive do-gooder. He'd hate Superman regardless of what kind of personality he had.
Nigga what? He hates Superman because he has powers and chooses to do good for others.

He wants that coddling alien gone.

>It just won't happen
Nigga, people said the exact same shit 10 years ago about Rocket Raccoon and Ant Man, and now look at us. You can't predict how this shit is going to develop so don't bother trying to. Guarantee that if Killer Frost or Livewire was in Suicide Squad 2, droves of stupid fangirls would start dressing like them for Halloween and other nonsense. What, you think Harley is popular because of her character? Its mob mentality, and self inserting into "badass" female characters

Rocket Raccoon and Ant Man aren't anywhere near as popular as Harley either. They tried to force Rocket Raccoon as a character in the last Marvel vs. Capcom to avoid using X-Men and giving a non-Marvel studio free advertising and everyone hated it.
It's also not just inclusion in a movie that makes a craze like that catch on or else every female character in every superhero movie would be as popular as her, and none of them are anywhere close in actuality except maybe Wonder Woman. Which makes sense because Wonder Woman is more generalized like Harley and not some niche elemental character.

I don't.

Just imagine how they would have ruined her like nuHarley.

Actually general audiences didn't know she was an abused gf. Her super power is to be a pretty girl robbing banks or something with a hot boyfriend but with batman appearances

A world where DC didn't call Dini to write the Arkham games, that would have killed Harley but it wouldn't help livewire anyway

Blackest Night showed that it was nothing but extreme jealousy

Harley is basically a self insert imagination character. Joker's girlfriend that gets to party and beat up on Batman while hanging out with villains is a bit too wish fulfillment when looking at it superficially.

>They tried to force Rocket Raccoon as a character in the last Marvel vs. Capcom to avoid using X-Men and giving a non-Marvel studio free advertising and everyone hated it.
Rocket Raccoon was in Marvel vs Capcom 3, when GotG was just a movie in very early production and the X-men were still in the game.

He's jealous for everything about Superman, not just powers but he does assume that is the reason behind it all.

He is jealous that Superman has total adoration of everyone and the general public loves everything about him and looks up to him. Then he is jealous that he is basically the perfect being in every way and never seems to show any flaws.

Lex is one of those nerds that loves to bring celebrities down a few pegs because they are "too perfect"

This still makes me legit mad

They were all sort of used, But they already had a Black Lightning and I am pretty sure there was someone like El Dorado in DC already too.

If they added Killer Frost then you would definitely see normies complaining that DC made an Evil Elsa clone to shit on Disney

I'm disappointed there's never been a Katana/Samurai team up

Mercy had an arm replaced with a cybernetic machine gun in one of the cartoons. That could be her signature gimmick.

I say just combine all of her different iterations

Asian Amazon with a cybernetic arm. Dressed as a driver

Personally having Mercy has Lex's right hand no nonsense woman who gets shit done is enough for me. Bodyguard, second in command, fuck buddy, every bit as ruthless as he is but answers to Luthor because he has vision. If and when Luthor decides to return to his old habits in comics, I'd like to see Mercy there with him
Actually wouldnt mind if she was retconned Asian

>implying they won't reboot the entire thing

I'm pretty sure she's been Asian since Flashpoint

hey I'm just amazed we had an electric super powered person who wasn't black.

Livewire didn't become a break out villainess because she is a lame-ass character who shouldn't even be able to hurt Superman and has a personality and motivation about as deep as a shallow pool with no compelling theme unlike Harley. At best, she could make a B-List Batman foe instead of a non-entity Superman "foe".

>Asian Amazon
Like Grace Choi?

Grace and Mercy actually sound like they fit together

Hate to say it but you're right.
I only really like her because I like nearly all characters with electric based powers.