Why didn't you like it?

Why didn't you like it?

>Hardmode: if your reasons boil down to "its not serious enough", you lose

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hod0WtYE4SA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Shit Skurge.

I immensely enjoyed it :)

But I did like it. It's maybe my favorite MCU movie so far. Only downside is the lack of my MCU-fus. Would have liked seeing Sif and Darcy.

>If your reasons are an opinion i disagree with you lose.

>movie about armageddon, that isnt supposed to be a parody has a joke every 2 minutes...

Stop deflecting mouse, thor shouldn't have more jokes than spider-man

I think there's a lot of wasted potential.

My favorite scenes in the movie were those where Hela was either confronted by modern Asgard or when she confronted modern Asgard with its past.
I honestly think we would have gotten a more interesting movie if Sakaar had been entirely omitted and the entire story took place around Thor, Hela and Loki. No Hulk (even though I love the Hulk) nor Valkyrie (who is also a problem with the movie). Just focus on the fraternal struggle between Odin's children. I think it would make for a stronger movie; Hela seeing how her era is gone and she's a remnant of a period that is desired to be forgotten, Thor facing the bloody past of Asgard and how its history should not have been hidden, questioning Odin's rulings, etc.

Yes, it might not have been as "fun" but it could have been far more meaningful.

Also, Valkyrie is a shitty attempt at making a strong independent woman the movie is afraid to punish for the shit she pulls when there's been plenty of karmic comeuppance for the rest of the cast.

>hrr bdurr capes must b SRS

chill.

Shitty CGI, the protagonist is a shitty actor, trying to push grandma as a hot woman even thought her face looks like skeletor, loki being a shitty mess as always,Valkyries was fucking skeleton nigger pretending to be a viking
youtube.com/watch?v=hod0WtYE4SA

THe tone was fucking ridiculous,I feel more sad about that blue guy dying at gotg2 than seeing Odin dying Asgardians suffering genocide.

Calling all Ragnarok fans. I challenge you to defend: YYEEEEEEESSSSSSSS and PISS OFF GHOST

It actually was pretty serious.

The Asgard bits felt generic.

Hela, Hulk, and GM made the movie.

It's not serious enough

I liked Korg but the "we can rebuild" was a joke in the wrong place and time.

Humour is fine but in the wrong place it can kill tone.

I enjoyed it, and I also had fun watching it.

Brœðr muno beriaz
ok at bǫnom verða,
muno systrungar
sifiom spilla.
Hart er í heimi,
hórdómr mikill.
Skeggǫld, skálmǫld,
skildir ro klofnir.
Vindǫld, vargǫld,
áðr verǫld steypiz.
Mun engi maðr
ǫðrom þyrma.

Brothers shall fight
and fell each other,
and sisters' sons
shall kinship stain.
Hard is it on earth,
with rampant whoredom;
Axe-time, sword-time,
shields are splintered.
Wind-time, wolf-time,
ere the world falls.
Nor ever shall men
each other spare.

I like Powerwolf too.

whoa there dude. this is Sup Forums you can't say stuff like that here

But I didn't watch it

I thought it was enjoyable, but honestly, I barely remember things not involving Hulk, Korg, Matt Damon, Goldblum and the intro. Valkyrie's character was god awful and trying too hard with the alcoholic thing. I loved the idea of Hela and how she was purposely forgotten, but she needed a lot more screentime. Skurge was a pointless addition to the cast.

The weird thing is I usually I'm usually defending the MCU over the "this is forgettable" argument.

>Shitty CGI
name a movie with good cgi

Spice World

Batman v Superman

I could have guessed you'd say that

>Why didn't you like it?

Never saw it. Don't care enough to go to the movies to watch

War for the Planet of the Apes

I enjoyed it but I think the pacing was a bit off. There were a lot of moments I feel like they should have cut out so they could spend more time on other scenes. Over all I would give it a B+

“let’s make Thor look nothing like Thor”

Good job, you noticed the part of the movie where they broke his hammer, cut his hair and stripped him from his identiy for a bit. I know that they made it really subtle.

In a way though, how is that not allowed to be an argument?

There is a massive difference between a light tone and expecting the audience to take a plot and an apocalyptic scenario seriously when you butt in random "have this guy babble" jokes all over the place. What you create is unevenness disguised under the idea of "lol it's a comic book movie guys, lighten up!"

Because first of all, if you actually cared for being a Thor fan, you'd see that most of the times Ragnarok isn't taken that seriously (except when it gets into an event) due to how many things being capable of triggering it (Odinsword being sheated by anyone else, Mangog, Hela, Old Loki, Cul, etc). Plus, if you actually cared for Nordic culture, you'd understand this is rather only a foretold event that will eventually bring happiness and joy to everyone, and it means how even death is but a cycle. Plus, tell me, would you have rather had Thor 2.5: Just more shit?

Not the user that posted, but this honestly felt more like a comedy than an action/super hero flick. I mean, it's Ragnarok. A catyclism event well known throughout Norse mythology, and what do we get?
>Haha, he hit his head with that ball!! XD

It's not like comedic relief is a bad thing, but honestly, if there was a time to half a pinch more seriousness to the situation and less of a 10:1 ratio of goofy scenes to action/seriousness it should have been this movie.

I thought it was entertaining, but had to remind myself that this was a movie about Ragnarok.

Are you expecting the average marvel fan boy to have any understanding of Nordic culture? Hell, most people don't even understand their own relgion, you can't expect them to know shit about any others.

Hemsworth can't act

This isn't the deal, though, the guy I replied is mad because he thinks Ragnarok means APOCALYPSEEVERYTHINGWILLGOTOSHIT just like his little teenager mind tries to deal with how complex religious ends of the world sometimes is.

And besides, as I said, people who actually read the Thor comics know that Ragnarok is part of an endless cycle.
And I mean, everything will get worse at Infinity War if the spoilers are true, so if you want that kind of stakes, go watch that movie.

just saw it, liked it.

Honestly I'm just tired of cape movies.

This scummy bitch right here.

>not liking best girl

Here’s your (you), now go away.

>doctor strange is better in a five minute scene than in his own movie

BONEY MCBONEFACE

Loved the movie all the way through, only jokes that felt bad was the beginning when he's spinning in chains. Rockman was an infinitely better "tazerface"

>Father!
>oh shit

Went way way way too fast, nothing was given room to breathe.

Hela, Skurge, Odin, Surtur, and especially the nameless Valkyrie were very poorly written.

The Thor/Loki stuff was treading old ground.

The actual Asgard plot, the "Ragnarok" in "Thor: Ragnarok" was incredibly boring.

I liked it but the story wasn't anything really special. I did like how they "deconstructed" Thor by taking away what makes him recognizable to the general public. I didn't watch the first 2 because I thought they looked extremely boring and forgettable and apparently a lot of people did too. This is the first time I was actually rooting and enjoying the god of thunder. That being said, the story, again, wasn't anything special that deserved the insane 90 something on RT and other review websites, I'd say it was more around high 70 low 80.

>that deserved the insane 90 something on RT

If you do not understand how rotten tomatoes works at this point in time you deserve a bullet in the brain.

90% just means 90% of critics liked it. It's real score is 7.something/10

It was pretty great, best Thor movie by far and in my top 5 MCU movies. Main issues were was off at times though and Surtur would have been better off not being in the movie at all.

> realistic marvel movies are garbage (including Asgard portions of Thor and Doctor Strange)
>creative cosmic marvel movies are great

MAKES ME THINK

they gather a bunch of scores from the top critiques to a general consensus?
Also notice how I mentioned other review sites, Rotten Tomatoes is just the most influential one currently.
7.something seems more reasonable. I'm just saying that I had no interest in seeing this film until the massive critical reception saying it was groundbreaking. I know it's the hype culture that we live in but when I told people I thought it was okay, they kept being upset. I just thought it was a good movie.

>but when I told people I thought it was okay, they kept being upset. I just thought it was a good movie.
yeah if I hung out with dipshits like you I'd be a brainlet too

It's a percentage of critics who gave it a positive review, not an average of scores.

This. The opening had me thinking "So every movie's gonna be GoTG now?" especially with the dadrock.
Thankfully it turned out fun in the end, despite tonal problems

>>not liking best girl

That's not Jaimie Alexander.... :)

grandmaster character was genius desu

dadrock gets a pass because of the songs content and its use as a joke/bit since it was only used twice. The actual ost of the movie was great

That's my biggest problem with the MCU, they're just "good". We have yet to get anything better than a 7/10. Civil War and The Winter Soldier came close though, but the airport scene really screwed up the tone and pacing and TWS needed better pacing.

I liked that she's not THE valkyrie, since the one with the boob armor and blonde hair was killed on the flashback

I mean isn't that an issue with capeshit movies in general? The only cape movie to be a 10/10 this decade is Logan.

>Logan
>not a 7/10 like Deadpool was

Deadpool and Ragnarok are 7/10s. You can't argue that Logan isn't a step above them

It was great until Xavier gets killed, then it goes downhill so god damn fast it's not even funny.

>*it was GOAT until Xavier was killed
I can't stress how good it was until then

Alright I'll concede that, but it was so good before that point I'd still give it at least a 9.

>Xavier bites it
>X-24 shows up
Yep, X-24 shits the whole movie up I wanted Daken, Sabertooth, whoever else.

>its ragnarok, it's supposed to be serious

It's weird how everyone has "decided" what the tone should be based on a premise that could be played any way possible.

It's not a shortcoming of the movie. It aimed to be a comedic adventure, and it was a very good one. Not its fault you had expectations based on your own preconceived ideas.

But I did, after TWS it's my favorite MCU movie.

I liked it, got a lot of genuine good laughs from it.

I enjoyed it at least, much more than either of the Thor films before. I don't know if it's great, but one thing I really appreciated is that finally, 4 films later, they finally managed to bring back a kind of charm to Thor himself, without undoing the lessons he learned in Thor 1 that seemed to make him boring by the end.

Thor in this movie is a big, adventurous, well-meaning, boisterous lunkhead, who nonetheless has gotten wise to his brother's tricks, and still cares about how his combat prowess is perceived. Rather than treating heroism as some heavy burden, he jumps into heroism and the idea of saving people as if it's the most natural thing for him, and that alone keeps the pace and tone of the movie fast and fun.

it wasn't an epic tale about the end of all things. it's still a well made film, no doubt(although the composition is very pedestrian).

Nice opinion. What killed the movie for me was all the little shits running around with mutant powers, felt cheap like every other x-men movie. Pre Xaviers death and everything after that are like chalk and cheese. Ruined the movie and left a bad taste in my mouth

>What killed the movie for me was all the little shits running around with mutant powers, felt cheap like every other x-men movie.

You're mad that an X-Men movie had mutants in it?

I liked it, but Sakaar being some techno junk world didn't suit me. And a lot of the jokes were TBBT tier unfunny. Marvel's marketing is so good, they could make crowds burst into laughter at a bazinga 'joke' if they wanted. It sometimes comes across as a competitionn between people in screenings to see who pretend they noticed the most reference and in-jokes.

Still a fun watch, but not the LAUGH OUT LOUD hilarious people made it out to be. If you were watching it at home, alone, most people wouldn't laugh anywhere near as much.

Look up the dishonored wolf's review of it and you'll get my point. It tries to be an action comedy but then it tries to be serious at times and kinda fails at it.

I decided to spent the cash on Justice League

Too many quips.

>apocalyptic event that is literally in the title of the movie happens in the last 10 minutes and is completely wasted

There you have it

I enjoyed it enough, but it's not one of my favorite Marvel movies or anything. I got a few laughs out of it, but ultimately I'll probably forget most of it, just as I did the other two Thor films.

I liked it, but Skurge's side story was a little... odd. It had a lot of set-up, but there didn't seem to be any payoff.

I really liked it though.

>Why didn't you like it?

No

Hela is the only good thing in this mediocre movie, terrible year for capeshit

>Hela is a shit villain
>killing off Warrior Three like total bitches (at least have them put up a fight, however futile, or something)

>I liked it, but Skurge's side story was a little... odd. It had a lot of set-up, but there didn't seem to be any payoff.

Agreed on this. Karl Urban is such a good actor, and they had all the elements here. How they should have done it:

Thor and company are fighting in the city, and loading people in the ship on the Asgard side of the bridge to the Bifrost gate. One of Hela's flunkies has gotten the sword and opened a gate to Helheim, and her undead hoards are pouring in through the Bifrost.

Thor and co are about to start fighting them, but Skurge steps up and says "If you waste your time with these, Odinson, Hela will win. On my oath, not one of them will step foot in Asgard."

He starts mowing the undead down, pushing them back until he's finally just outside the Bifrost room. When he's finally out of bullets, and seriously wounded, he grins. "There's one more thing they make well on Midgard." Revealing a belt of grenades and explosives, he detonates it, killing himself, all the undead near him, and destroying the bridge and the Bifrost.

The explosion distracts Hela during her fight with Thor. "What was that?" Thor pummeling her answers, "That was a warrior of Asgard. He stood alone on the bridge, and that answer is enough."

If you're gonna use one of the best fucking scenes Walt Simonson ever did, do it fucking right.

I liked it a lot. IMO, best Phase 3 movie
But a lot of the jokes in it (mainly the one that involve Korg) are at best not funny, and at worst they just kill the mood of the scene...

This
Ragnarok is one of if not the best Thor story of all time.

The director who made it is a comedy director. What did you expect?

Thor’s eyepatch looks like shit and I cringed every time I saw that hole in his head.

>It's weird how everyone has "decided" what the tone should be based on a premise that could be played any way possible.
They probably decided it because of the story it's based on. Ragnarok is one of if not the best Thor stories.

Idk if I disliked it but it felt really half baked and unsure if it wanted to be a stock MCU movie or something more fun like Guardians.

I liked it. Wanted more hela but it's a Thor movie. Also he stood alone. And that is enough.

But user that's not the arcatypical plot. Thor has to travel somewhere like he'll to redeem his father and his society. Make the sacrifice and rescue the greater part of his people.

Of all inappropriate jokes, YEEEES was one of the tamest since it actually made sense him being happen for meeting a friend in this situation.

Less is more user.

Piss of ghost was funny. Why does it need defending?

I liked it a bunch. My only problem was reusing Immigrant Song three fucking times in the movie. GotG got me hyped for jamming tunes when it comes to Cosmic Marvel and they didn't capatalize on that.

But the deal is, as this user pointed , the whole Ragnarok thingie has happened a LOT of times, there's no specific way that it happens.