Shazam! (Captain Marvel) movie speculation thread

Who would you cast for the supporting characters and how would you orchestrate the plot?

>Captain Marvel movie speculation thread
Now that Mar-Vell is cast, we're pretty sure Ben Mendelsohn is Yon-Rogg, right?

Bill Murray is only in his 60's. How did he age so badly, yet Michael Keaton's the same age and looks decent?

I speculate another disaster, because I'm cynical and tired of capeshit

Bill Murray's the patron saint of not giving a fuck, including his looks and diet.

How are they going to handle Asher Angel's first transformation into Brie Larson?

Bill Murray as Dudley is genius.

They better stay FAR away from the New 52.

Oh cmon, Curse of Shazam wasn't that bad. Not definitive by any means but fun nonetheless

What? You don’t like jerk Billy, Mary being older and not related to him, aboriginal Shazam, not calling himself Captain Marvel, and diverse™ friends splitting his powers?

Michael Keaton isn't an alcoholic acne survivor

They’re going to have Johns’ Burger King Kids Club. I just pray that their role will be minimal and won’t shrink Freddy’s and Mary’s by comparison.

Who should play Tawny?

Some black guy with a deep voice.

I'm very nervous about this. It'll either help a Shazam! animated series get off the ground, or completely fuck it up for the next decade.

Fuck, wrong image. Was supposed to be this one:

Bruce Campbell

>Finn Cuckhard

So Sivana's gonna be the villain for it right?

>Insulting /ourguy/ the Chadhard, who cucks annoying bitches like Millie with qt twinks like Jack Dylan Grazer

fuck I've been on Sup Forums for too damn long. I shouldn't know any of this.

He’s fine. He just needs a different haircut.

Here’s hoping DC doubles down and announces that they’re calling him Captain Marvel in the movie and that forces Marvel to change their movie’s name to Ms. Marvel to avoid confusion.

Yeah, that's definitely how it's going to play out, bud.

None. Captain marvel movie was already made back in the 40's. Current writers and injustice games already done enough damage to the character. Normies need to stay away from this ip.

I honestly hope it doesn't get made.

Bad enough they changed his name in the comics, I'd rather not also have millions of moviegoers know him as "Shazam."

Who'd you cast as Steamboat?

Calling him Shazam makes no sense. It’s the word he says to turn into a superhero. How the hell is he going to say who he is without turning back into Billy?

a redhead

Zachary Levi already called the character Captain Marvel. Character description for Billy Batson also calls him Captain Marvel.

Male, 12-15 years old. A teenager who becomes Captain Marvel, the world’s mightiest mortal. Granted access to incredible powers by the wizard Shazam, he speaks the wizard’s name and is struck by a lightning bolt that gives him the powers of the gods.

he became the wizard and changed the word to chocolate milkshake

So he can't order a chocolate milkshake? that's retarded for someone with the wisdom of Solomon. Shazam's a word not used in normal diction so it made sense.

>Suicide Squad
>Justice League
>The Flash (okay, this one's not out but it's still a fucking mess production wise, not looking so hot)
All of these films are based on New 52 stories.

Curse of Shazam wasn't terrible, but it's not the Shazam Year One that people tout it as, and it's definitely not something that should be the sole basis for a film that's supposed to celebrate 80 years of comic books for the character.
I like Rebirth and all, but Geoff should stop trying to adapt just his stories into movies. It's not really working out.

he did it because it was extremely unlikely Black Adam would ever figure it out

Is this a joke or real?

it's real

That’s not the New 52 though.

he was Shazam before 52

We've known for years that the Rock is set to be Black Adam.

Why is no-one black?

I liked Morgan Freeman as the Wizard, Jebediah of Canaan shouldn't be white either way at the very least be middle-eastern in looks.

Must be right? Unless they adapt the graphic novel Power of Shazam, which i hope they do.

Teth Adam =/= Black Adam

>movie speculation
It'll get "delayed" and never be heard from again

Is there any torrent where I could get his old AF comic books? I already have the ones from the reccomended list.

Or should I just read & The Monster Society of Evil?

readcomiconline to has it all, as WHIZ comics etc

If you got an android (or bluestacks for PC) there's an application that allows you to download whole series at once.

The Power of Shazam > Everything else, imo

I cancel it and wait 10 years.

Thanks!
>application
Which one user? Also, The Power of Shazam is the one by Alex Ross, right?

that´s fucking great

by Jerry Ordway, he's the architect of the modern Captain Marvel, 44 issues+Graphic Novel of about 96 pages

I'll find the application name for ya, gimme a few minutes

>application
Well, figures there's a metric-ton of them now but here's two i think are recommendable enough.

Tachiyomi and ComicsWorld

There's also GetComics dot info, but i'm not a fan of it.

Google "Captain Marvel name copyright" and pop a few ibuprofen every time your head starts to twinge.

I never knew I wanted Bill Murray as Uncle Marvel until now.

Captain Marvel, and the Marvel Family are in public domain.
IF WB fucks this us, fans can sell direct to home movies about the character's crazy adventures.

>yfw Captain Marvel ends up being CGI

Kevin Hart

Chuck from Chuck was cast m8

I wanted Omar Sharif for Jebediah ;_;

>it's true

can he put on enough muscle? he needs to be at least as big as Cavill

I want to see Takeshi Kitano as Captain Nippon.

Ben Kingsley as Dr. Sivana

rip

He said in an interview that he was going to go to the gym non-stop.

At worse they can give him a muscle suit.

I think if you sign on you're contractually obligated to get juiced up to the eyeballs and they give you a personal trainer who knows what to do.

I wonder how a Captain Marvel movie from The Asylum would turn out.

And Asher Angel is Billy for what it's worth. We also have Mary cast but I forget who is playing her.

Danny Devito

Ah, the old Captain Marvel Jr. problem.

That's Carol Danvers

Haven’t they already cast Mark Strong as Sivana? Personally, I’d prefer somebody smaller like Jackie Earl Haley.

I wonder if Sivana’s kids will appear or they’ll try to make him serious and leave them out.

Ha!