The legality of California's sway over the election

Why is California allowed to have the largest chunk of the electoral college just because they have the most illegal immigrants? 55 votes is a huge advantage and California will literally never go red again. This means that the democrats always start with a 55 point lead in any election.

At this point I think it's worth considering slicing California up into multiple states or increasing the number of population required for representation.

Illegals can't vote, you skype.

fuck off Jimmy Nu-tron

Got bad news for you mate

If they recalculated the electoral votes based on population today, California would have almost 100 votes

Wrong.

They should cap them at 30 and spread the remainder.

CA user here. You've no idea.

I don't understand it, but if I had to guess, it seems it is a DMV loophole, since that is where Californians register to vote and aliens illegal, or otherwise, as long as they have driver's licenses can vote, yet they do so illegally. I have no proofs. This is my hypothesis.

not in liberal land

its worth considering slicing up cali in to multiple states and carpet nuking the southern part of it.

Go there and tell me im wrong. Its a real life saddam/Gomorrah

You answered your own question.

why do you think democrats are pro illegal immigration?

CA native here. I understand why the electoral college was a thing historically, but it's long outlived its usefulness. We should just decide by popular vote. The electoral college as it exists now only serves to disenfranchise 100 million or more people.

> BAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I agree Kevin

Because the founding Democrats insisted that slaves count as 3/5ths of a person for the purposes of the electoral college.

Californian here. Just got my proxy vote filled, and the best part is I'm not even a Californian.

California is actually underrepresented Ted. Wyoming and SD are over.

Dude. You're an idiot. If anything, the electoral college helps Republicans, with the bunch of 3-electoral votes rural states. By population, California, New York, and so on should have way more electoral votes if they were really distributed proportionally

If a state is guaranteed to be in the pocket of a single party every time and is also 1/5th of the votes needs to win, I'd hardly say they're underrepresented.

I was able to

>let me tell you about your state

>Inbred rural trumpets should get multiple votes when their podunk states are already benefited by the system
K.

They are still counted in the population which goes towards electoral votes. Doesn't even matter if they actually vote or not.

Gone shove my dick right between their tongues

Its because laws apply to citizens and non citizens alike, so even though they have a ton of illegals, the number of congressmen are based in the pop.

>I don't understand how any of this works

Electoral votes are based upon. Representatives and senators in congress. Wyoming has 2 senators and 1 rep, giving them 3 evs with a sub 600k pop.
CA has 40 million but only 55 EV, meaning they are factually less representated.

Dann

I don't give a fuck how it's supposed to work. Every election is really 270 needed for dem verses 325 for Republican.

Lol, you hillbilly faggots will dream up retarded scenario after scenario to get a Republican victory

>california isn't red so lets change how things are done, guys

go cry somewhere else and kys faggot

sage

A single state that always votes straight Democrat with 1/5th of the entire vote required to win. Eat shit shill.