Asked this yesterday and didn't get an answer, so here goes. What are the best medieval fantasy comics?

Asked this yesterday and didn't get an answer, so here goes. What are the best medieval fantasy comics?

Knights, ladies, duels, etc?

Pic related, but I can't find the rest of the volumes online.

Does it has to be specifically medieval or high fantasy in general is okay?
Either way you will have to learn to speak french to enjoy most recs

I'd prefer medieval. High fantasy is fun, but I'm in a distinctly arthurian fantasy mood, y'know?

There are a fair bit of translated franco-belgian comics, are there not? Fucking knew I shouldn't have skipped french in highschool.

I haven't read it but I have heard nothing but good things about mouse guard. Not sure if that counts user

Bump for interest i was planning on checking out pic related

Ah something like King Arthur, that makes things simpler but sadly all fantasy comics I can name step away from that mold, still I imagine there are tons of eurocomics that can fullfill that
>Il parlais pas français et ne peux lit BDs en français
Connaire

Fuck, man, I can't speak french for shit. Ceva tres mal.

Takes place in modern day as far as I can tell.

thor

Bump. Gotta be some!

mouse guard?

I might get shot, but Berserk is immediately what comes to mind for a medieval fantasy 'comic'.

Well, I'd prefer a thing with less rape, if possible.

wasnt there a lot of rape in medieval times?

>medieval fantasy comic
>but no rape
Geez user, take the tomato out of the pizza why don't you.

Well, I said medieval FANTASY.

Y'know, courtly romance, knights. Not demon trolls raping women and the kids eating their way out.

Try Vinland saga. It does starts off as somewhat edgy with revenge and all, but character has changed alot since start.
Anyways pic is from recent chapter during a skirmish. These are just non important side characters.

Black Dragon
Marada the She Wolf
Camelot 3000

I quite liked Vinland Saga once it went Farmland. Though I still get bugged by the time Thorfin refused to helped a little girl when his allies were raping her.

I left off when he went back home. How behind am I?

Crecy =)

>Thorfin refused to helped a little girl when his allies were raping her
Well, he was entirely focused on revenge back then. He sure did changed alot now.

Alot of things has happened since he returned home. I think around 35-45 chapters.

40 chapters

Oh yes. Prinz Eisenherz, all older issues were in a local libary. Maybe I should borrow them again.

Bump.

Should probably mention The Silent Knight again.
The Viking prince is sort of in there too but more fantasy. Dragons and giants and shit.

incidentally, there's a ton of different Robin Hood comics too, including a DC version. No idea how they rank though.

...And forgot pic

>Anyways pic is from recent chapter during a skirmish. These are just non important side characters.

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding that contemplative XXI century intellectuals in Viking hides is the exact thing that makes Vinland Saga shit. Actual saga character is such situation would be thinking of a way to talk one final bit of smack memorable enough to be retold by his killers.

Prince Valiant is bloody great.

But Prince Valiant has a lot of fantasy elements, user.

Garulfo is fun, it's about a frog who want to become a man in a not too serious medieval world.

Thorgal features vikings (as well as gods, outer space aliens, eldritch monstrosities and so on).

L'Histoire secrète is a series which follows real history (so some of the albums focus on middle age) except that some kind of card magic exists.

Johan et Pirlouit is a medieval adventure comic by the author of the Smurfs. (Originally, the Smurfs are a spin-off of this comic.)

Les Compagnons du crépuscule, by Bourgeon, focuses on a knight on some kind of redemption quest.

Les Chroniques de la lune noire is completely over-the-top fantasy.

At least some of these are translated in English.

It indeed does, and not only the magical fantasy stuff either.

I want medieval fantasy, dear anons. I don't just want non-fantasy.