Disney Parks Thread: It's been ten goddamn months

Post your experiences in the parks, plans for future trips, maybe talk about pic related, who knows...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d_-lmtXpWQo
youtube.com/watch?v=5VTMzBCqGKU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Trump voter and former Disney college program here. What Disney's doing is an embarrassment. Disney World is maybe the one place both family values Christian groups and lgbt groups come and have a magical time. By taking so long they're making it political when by just adding Trump it wouldn't be political at all. At least, it would only be certain guests making it political, not Disney itself. Disney ought to be ashamed.

It takes a bit to set up the 50 foot Trump Mecha.
And since Tom Sawyer island Disney is incredibly paranoid about disruptions at the park. They are selling a brand, and having morons defacing an expensive robot every few weeks fucks with the brand.

I guess that's fair. Did that happen with Bush? I guess I shouldn't be blaming Disney so much as the kinds of Leftists who would deface Disney property because they can't ignore politics for two seconds just to enjoy the magic.

No, fuck that. Disney has the security to deal with these fuckers, and none of these guys are getting in without spending 130 bucks a ticket, money you KNOW they don't have. Disney is dragging their feet on this and there's no one to blame but themselves.

>What Disney's doing is an embarrassment.
Reportedly, the issue is the script itself. Disney and Trump can't come to an agreement on what he should be saying in the show, so its causing a stalemate.

It's the Hall of Presidents, not the Hall of Presidents and Disney's Board of Directors.

>Hall of Presidents and Disney's Board of Directors
Internally, it sure is. When you're in Disney World, you do what the Mouse wants you to do or you can fuck off.

It's why J.K. Rowling went to Universal.

>Internally, it sure is.
Everyone knows that, but the Hall's not just a theme park attraction, it's a staple. You don't just get one of three official seals on the planet by saying 'oh we like THESE presidents'. You don't get to reshape the set of the institution for Bill Clinton and then decide to rescind it when the Republicans get too successful. You're letting a decades-old institution rot on personal stubbornness. Yeah, I wouldn't have liked Hillary, but she'd get her speech if I was in charge of Disney. If I take that away, what am I but transparently restricting for political reasons?

If you can't stomach the job, then shut it down and make it clear you can't. Do the job or quit, don't sit in this limbo bullshit hoping to run out the clock and get to make a silent nodding president seven years later, on the chance you like the next guy.

Disney has the security to protect it, they have the facilities to make it, all holding them back is personal politics. And if that was supposed to have mattered, they'd have never made the Hall of Presidents in the first place.

Anyway, we should talk about more than just this or the mods will get mad, so here's two other topics.

-Hollywood Studios is looking to rename the park. What would you rename or retheme it as and why?

-The Magic Kingdom's 50th is coming, what BIG thing do you think they could do for the parks with it?

>Hollywood Studios is looking to rename the park. What would you rename or retheme it as and why?
I wouldn't rename it. Hollywood Studios perfectly sums up what it is.
>The Magic Kingdom's 50th is coming, what BIG thing do you think they could do for the parks with it?
I suspect they'll do a parade with characters they haven't used in years, like Robin Hood or Darkwing Duck, shit like that. Magic Kingdom doesn't really have "Park Exclusive" characters like EPCOT or Animal Kingdom, so older characters from movies and shows will work.

I went to Disney twice this year with my fiancee. I hadn't been in, ugh, over 20 years. Had an absolutely amazing time. Rides were still fun, I got to try the grey stuff (it's delicious!), overall a ton of fun and we can't wait to go back. Only downside was the cool troll ride in Norway with some awful Frozen crap

>Only downside was the cool troll ride in Norway with some awful Frozen crap
To be fair, that ride needed a major overhaul. Much of the scenery and set pieces were deteriorating. As much as I hate that Frozen was the thing to replace it, at least it's getting some attention now.

>retheme
The Disney Vault.

In the age of digital streaming the restrictive stuff is pointless, but the Vault being an actual place would be a good chronology for the advertising. Retheme the 'Studios' as a collection of moments in time of magic and adventure. A point of fluctuation in the parks where time and space twist from the power of the imagination and magic abound there. Where Disney Experts lock and secure points in time for the world to enjoy.

It wouldn't require much, just add a front entrance that makes the place seem like a big facility from afar, then when you step in past the big swinging vault door there's the regular park, but each zone is now connected by vault-ways. Certain cast members wear color-coordinated information for guests to come and ask bigger park directions, and other castmembers direct people 'that local know-it-all' or 'the NEW toy' or 'the traveler from another world' based on where you are. They get flustered if you let on that you've been talking to the 'locals' about the other zones, and there's little stage shows where the various zones interact.

Like, say, a Jedi and a Green Army Soldier stumble into the 30s property.
"This is not what I expected when I sensed that disturbance in the-"
"Private, what in the name of Bergen Toy and Novelty are you doing out here without proper classification! And what sort of playset is this anyway?"
"Hey, Shakespeare in the Park Street, let's get a move on, I got a jalopy ta'move here!"
And then the secret Vault Staff have to play that they don't know each other and convince all the natives to go back to their lands and such with audience help.

It suddenly fixes the slapdash feel of Hollywood Studios, why Rock and RollerCoaster is next to Tower of Terror, or Jedi stuff is next to Muppets. It's all different points in time collected in the vault. And of course, ALL the movies and past collectables are available in special Vault Stock packaging. Perfect low-thought merchandising.

That is fair. I guess I'd rather it fixed than replaced though.
Epcot is so much more fun when you can drink, by the way. Goddamn. Drank around the world!

youtube.com/watch?v=d_-lmtXpWQo

>You don't just get one of three official seals on the planet by saying 'oh we like THESE presidents'.
The Mouse sure does feel like they can.
>If you can't stomach the job, then shut it down and make it clear you can't. Do the job or quit, don't sit in this limbo bullshit hoping to run out the clock and get to make a silent nodding president seven years later, on the chance you like the next guy.
And that's exactly what they're gonna do.

To add, if the government really cared enough about the integrity of their presidential lines historical representation in a theme park, they would've compromised by now. Trump seems just as content letting it gather dust as Disney is.

Villains Park when?

Probably something similar to Epcot’s 35th, special items and shows

Did anyone here go? It was mostly special merch like the “I was there” shirts and figment pop funko

What’s his endgame?

To have an even stupider mustache

Park open for 24hrs

Special firework show

Walt projection

Fastpasses for more attractions

Do you guys like the tower projection for the season?

It's projections, not permanent changes to the building, so I have no quarrel with it.

I really want to be a disney princess actor, but I don't live near any of the parks.

feels bad man.

Disneyland Indiana Jones Cast Member here AMA

What happened about the idea of turning it into a Guardian of the Galaxy theme ?

They did to the one in California, it’s got the collectors collection in the queue with a bunch of cool shit

Seeing all the red pilled Trump voters get butt hurt about a talking mannequin gives me a hearty laugh, does my heart good. Almost as funny as their savior getting teary eyed about a magazine cover. I haven't been to the park in too long, time to get out my credit cards.

Which princess would you like to be?Favorite ride?

Princess Jasmine, sounds like a cool gig

Damn that facade looks like hot trash. What were they thinking?

The Haunted Mansion

>What were they thinking?
They weren't.

I always hear from tumblerinas that being a princess is a pain because dads hit on you. But idk how reliable they can be.

I bet it’s nice to be Ariel and have a chair the whole time, her signature looks annoying to learn thought.

>I always hear from tumblerinas that being a princess is a pain because dads hit on you. But idk how reliable they can be.
People act like idiots and flirt with the characters regardless of gender or what character it is. Guys hit on the princesses, women grope Tarzan, weirdos fondle Winnie the Pooh, you name it.

I kind of like it, but then again I love the hotel so I get why people hate it.
Nice pick, is HM bigger in Disneyland like pirates is?

Wtf....

>dads hit on you.
just like in real life
it would be fun anyway

>Nice pick, is HM bigger in Disneyland like pirates is?
It's actually smaller.

Well, not really, WDW has more show scenes and is a longer ride than ours because the imagineers back in the 60's were really compromising what was going into the HM in Disneyland

Is flight of passage the best ride in WDW? If not, which is it?

>If not, which is it?
Living With the Land.

The Tron rollercoaster IS the Magic Kingdom's 50th Anniversary present, as is most of the other stuff announced last D23 like the Guardians coaster being shoved into Epcot.

You're telling me that we're getting a the Tron Coaster in America?

The Muppet one is a nice touch

>Worst guest experience? Best?
>How long have you been at Disneyland (or specifically Indy?)

Yup

Going back next February for the Princess Half Marathon. How's the Pandora stuff? Is it really worth the hassle and headache if I don't get a FastPass?

My sister dragged me into line to meet Aurora last time, and we were making small talk with the guy behind us. He had totally ditched his family for a while just to meet Aurora, which we thought was pretty weird. But different strokes, I guess.
God trying to make small talk with Aurora was terrible.

What if I just want to have a beer with Gaston?

YES

I'm...I'm so happy, user you've made my day.

Gaston can't drink on the clock.

>Trump voter

My friend works there and is a costumed character and all he ever talks about is how much he wants to die at the end of the day. How is it for you?

Well shit.
Guess I'll have to drink for him.

You can challenge him to push ups though
youtube.com/watch?v=5VTMzBCqGKU

>be 110lbs tiny womanlette
>have teenie tiny noodle arms

I'm gonna challenge that bastard to a pushup challenge anyway.

the beautiful commercialized mass produced magic.

>keeping the outside part
That's the worst part and it takes up most of the ride time.

Worst: I haven't quite had a "worst" experience but I hate it when people ignore all the warnings for how rough IJ is, and then complain and yell at me for how rough it is, fucking ingrates
Best: while on my way to IJ I helped a first time family plan their day in about 5 minutes, I know it sounds corny but I really buy into the whole "making magic" thing

I'm relatively new, hired in on September

It's only a matter of time. They HAVE to add him. They cannot just skip over an entire president in the HoP. Plus I bet a majority of disney-goers are foreigners who actually like him, and mid-west murrikansases who would take a bullet in the blubber for him

And now we wait

For me, it's fine, there are days where I don't want to deal with people and am praying for the day to be over, but the "Magic" is still there for me so I'm still wide eyed and bushy tailed to the whole experience. Sorry to hear about your friend though

theme parks aren't Sup Forums

I think it might be difficult to do in WDW, as it has a different layout. The DL version seems was built for efficiency, it has 3 shafts that load and drop. there are 6 cars, 2 per shaft.
WDW has 2 drop shafts, each have 2 loading shafts which are 4 total. The number of cars from what I believe is 8. Some say it's 4, but then why the 4 loading shafts, you'd really just need 2 single shafts then. Also cars are selected at random for drops, so the ride seems to be juggling a lot. WDW also has the 5th Dimension scene, this is where the loading shafts merge. This scene isn't in any other version and I don't know why.
Please correct me since the WDW version is pretty complicated.
Among other things, there's already going to be a GotG ride in Epcot. I have a hard time seeing two GotG rides in WDW.

He's been there two years and I think that's his problem. He loved it at first and was so enthusiastic but I think it's finally wearing on him. The general public can be ungodly rough with people is costumes because "lol they're not a person" or something.

>foreigners
>liking Drumpf

movie kingdom

Eurofag here
l agree