youtube.com/watch?v=iRJiF1lnGO8&t=2s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X21n9IkoXWA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

to this...
youtube.com/watch?v=X21n9IkoXWA

My god that's terrible

honestly, though these are both good they just have different tones

>raimi deals in deeper more intimate emotional truths involved with creating your identity even if it lets down your parents
>homecoming as about the reality of a kid begging to keep a car after he hit a tree

both of them read as genuine emotional moments and this is coming from a guy who hates marvel movies

>both of them read as genuine emotional moments
not Homecoming

Peter you screwed the pooch you suck lmao

MCU Peter might as well not have gotten Uncle Ben killed. Right there and then he says he wanted to be a superhero because of Stark (which is also ignoring his intro in Civil War).

Even the vaunted rubble lifting scene is off. In the comics he finds the strength to lift it to get Aunt May's meds and save her life, since he can't fail her like he did Uncle Ben. Sure as fuck wasn't motivated by Stark.

i love homecoming, but i do agree

ones more grandiose, with very dramatic dialouge
the other is more down to earth, with a parent scolding his child, while wearing super suits

the better one is whatever you think is better, there really isnt any comparing the two
if you like more grand, then its SM
if you want more down to earth, then its homecoming

Tony sees a reflection of himself in Peter and is trying to steer Peter away from just being a clone of Stark (and relying on the tech of the suits). He wants him to discover his own person and identity. Of course, Tony being such a flawed character himself, he doesn't do this elegantly in the slightest.

>Peter, with great powers come great privilege. People of color have always suffered at the hands of the white people, so you should always check your privilege.
I know they wanted to push back on Raimi, but wow, this was too much.

I haven't seen either but my god the woman who played aunt may in homecoming can't act for shit and ruins it for me, the writing for her is pretty bad too. Definitely two different moods for two different movies, but The first is better because the acting and writing are better. Simple as that.

It was a different time.

Fuck you. Aunt Tomei is the best part of homecoming.

Honestly, that's a pretty good interaction, and Tony's lines are pretty spot on. The problem, however, is that none of this feels like Spider-Man whatsoever.

This, however, feels perfect for Spider-Man. The sheer weight, the sense of conflict, all of it feels important. It really makes Peter's internal conflict feel intense and larger than life.

>le hot cake is the best part of the movie
epic

I just really like stark.

By changing the overall genre of the movie from drama to comedy.

That's just it. Spider-man were a series of drama movies, and you can tell that by looking at how every other aspect of the storytelling goes around making Peter look miserable.
The comedy and romance always go back to Peter being a fuck up. The action and fantasy aspects counterbalance that, always leading up to moments of hope for Peter as he is not recognized as a fuck up.

The Amazing Spider-man series were romance movies. Everything revolving around Peter and Gwen's relationship.

And Spider-man Homecoming is an action- comedy movie, with every thread of action, drama, thriller or romance leading back to humor, action and Joseph Campbell's hero tale.

Those are three very different Spider-man movies, and not because they adapt the comics in different ways, but because they're made for different purposes, and no one should be ashamed by prefering one over the other.

>and no one should be ashamed by prefering one over the other.
this damage control, Homecoming was terrible and too much of an Iron Man centric film

>damage control

I actually like SM more, but nice projection. Great opinion too.

A fair and balanced opinion on Sup Forums? Your kind isn't welcome here.

I like your style user.

>tfw you can never take this seriously anymore becaues of Raimiposting.

Totally thought this was a raimiposting thread when I saw the thumbnail.

MCU quips.

>With great power comes great responsibility. Rudyard Kipling called it the "White Man's Burden"

Homecoming is spider man movie
SM2 is movie about Petert Parker

>Homecoming is spider man movie

It's a good scene, but I still don't like seeing Spider-Man essentially groveling at Stark's feet.

A Spider-Man who acts nothing like Spider-Man?