How would you have fixed Justice League?

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/death-superman-reign-supermen-animated/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

By making it 10 years ago

Adapt this

Put red undies on Superman. Give it a better story. A better villain that doesn't look like a Playstation cut scene. Don't skimp on the SFX budget. Tell Elfman he's free to embellish his score with stronger, more recognizable cues from past DC films.

Shutter DC Comics and capitulate to superior Marvel Comics.

>Put red undies on Superman
Here is a clear example of somebody who knows how not to sell things.

make it BvS 2 with dream sequences, moral ambiguity a child could never hope to cope with, and maybe crack a comic book don't make everything about the recent cartoons

/thread
If WeeB had been as smart as Didney maybe we would have had an actual competition.

Worked for over 70 years. Superman only recently became irrelevant. Around the same time they took away the red undies. Hmm...

>doing MOS 2 where we see Superman actually be the big blue boy scout with Jesus connotations. Maybe Brainiac as the villian who ultimately was trying to prevent Darkseid from coming to Earth. Also Hal Jordan cameo somewhere in there.
>Call BvS World's Finest instead. Have Lex somehow make Supes lose control and hurt lots of people. Also get rid of Doomsday and Death of Superman 3rd act. End it with mech suit Lex and Metallo drones fighting Superman and Batman. End with Lex calling Darkseid, Supes going into exile at Fortress of Solitude, WW coming out of the shadows, and Batman deciding he needs to form a team.
>Instead of Suicide Squad, do Shazam origin story instead. Use the movie as a way to tell how Black Adam led the fight against Darkseid and Steppenwolf and won, followed by his downfall as an evil fuck. Cameo with Waller and Wayne at the end.
>Wonder Woman movie as is, except she ends up going back to Themyscria and maybe add references to Atlanteans.

>Have Justice league movie start with Hal Jordan coming back to Earth after giant battle with Steppenwolf and his parademons and captured by Argus.
>Wayne tries to recruit Aquaman. Wizard tells Billy about his destiny to fight the armies of Apokolips.
>Steppenwolf's ships come to Earth and he senses the mother boxes but also Superman who hasn't left the artic in years. >United States catch wind of the alien ships and start believing that Hal Jordan isn't as crazy as they thought. Wayne catches wind of Hal Jordan and convinces Waller to give him up.
>Hal shows Wayne he's an actual Green Lantern and they decide to go and recruit Flash.
>Flash scene happens but with Hal instead of Bruce.
>Extended scene of Themyscria against Steppenwolf but Wonder Woman is involved. After Steppenwolf leaves with the box, Wonder Woman decides to head back out to the world of man, her mother tells her to find the Gods' chosen mortal (Shazam) to join her in the fight.
>Scenes with Superman trying really hard to drown out the voices of people calling out to him along with his nightmares of the people he's harmed in BvS movie. Steppenwolf comes along to beat Superman.
>He leaves Superman for dead when Bruce finds him.
>Extended scenes of Atlantis with Curry kinda being the black sheep of the royal family. Orm being a shifty fuck and their grandpa being the elderly king.
>Steppenwolf fucks shit up and Orm convinces the king to send Arthur to retrieve the mother box they lost. Arthur agrees and decides to look for Batman.
>Superman wakes up in a healing chamber and Batman asks him to join the team. Supes wants to because Steppenwolf is much stronger than anyone he's faced, but he's scared of his own powers. Bruce keeps the offer open and suggests that Supes visit Lois and Martha.

It really isn't that hard to tell a good story across multiple movies. Why can't WB execs get it right? And the fuck do they hire people who hate comics to make comic book movies?

>Subplots of Lois realizing that there is an even bigger invasion and Waller and Argus trying to find out how to beat Steppenwolf. >Parademons attack Star labs in Fawcett City and Shazam fights them, joined by Wonder Woman who was looking for him. After the fight Wonder Woman tells Shazam to join her in meeting with Batman who she kept in loose contact since BvS.
>Hal and Barry meet up with Bruce in Gotham. Barry has his fanboy moment. Followed immediately by Billy's fanboying when he and Diana arrive. Hal is excited that they group is now 5 but Bruce thinks they still need Superman.
>Scenes of Superman among regular people like in the first MOS.
>JL heads out to fight Steppenwolf under Gotham harbor. Aquaman makes his appearance.
>The team head over to Gotham Star labs to protect the final mother box. They fail.
>Clark meets Lois and realizes the world needs him.
>Argus freaks out over what Steppenwolf Is doing in Ukraine. Waller tells Bruce he needs to stop the aliens.
>Before JL heads out Superman finally decides to join
>Third act remains the same except Batman does the tech bullshit and WW, Supes, and Billy try to separate the boxes.
>A terrified Steppenwolf gets taken back to Apokolips and Supes sees Darkseid looking right at him
>Finale is Lois writing about JL. Wonder Woman decides to stay in world of man, Aquaman becomes super popular in Atlantis much to Orm's anger, Flash decides to become a public hero in Central City, Shazam talks with Wizard how he is now ready to face Black Adam when he wakes up, Green Lantern takes all 3 mother boxes back to GL HQ, Batman keeps doing his thing, and Superman is beloved once again.
>Movie ends with same Luthor after credits but now midcredits
>End credit is Darkseid preparing a giant armada.

By letting Snyder complete his vision uninterrupted. Warner Bros. should have stuck to their guns and had more faith in their product, instead of caving in to critics and fanboy. Then 5-10 years down the line do a reboot of the franchise if they wanted to.

Move the release date so it isn't smushed in between Thor and Star Wars and therefore let Snyder complete his vision without Whedon fucking it up and trying to make it like Marvel

Being embarrassed of your source material like this is exactly how you end up with cringey crap like Batman v. Superman that nobody except the edgiest of edgelords actually likes.

Don't run from the inherent goofiness of the superhero genre, embrace it.

I'd fully flesh out each major character in at least 1 film before attempting it.

And in a world where Christian Bale isn't a huge pain in the ass to work with, I would have based it on the Nolanverse.

Boi that would be unwatchable by 99% of the world.
To think that should be adapted into a movie would mean you think most people know these characters and their backgrounds.

I mean JL New Frontier worked out since it was the characters in their early years (a few of them being introduced in story).
But Justice is near their end.

>Improve the CGI
>Give Batman a more Barman-like personality
>Make Barry not so dumb, or instead call him Wally
>Give the movie 20-30 more minutes or character interaction and plot development
>Make Steppenwolf a real threat and give him more personality and backstory
>Or instead of Steppenwolf, have Granny Goodness and the Furies be the antagonists, to earn the women, femenists and critics' approval

I would've just hired a competent diector who understand superheroes and not ruin them, like Synder's version of Superman.

DON'T HIRE HACK SNYDER

DON'T HIRE HIM 1 TIME

DON'T HIRE HIM 2 TIMES

DON'T HIRE HIM 3 TIMES

DON'T HIRE HIM 5 FUCKING TIMES

You can't fix Justice League without fixing Man of Steel and Batman v Superman first. The universe those movies established won't let you get away with a villain like Starro.

The problem with this bait is that there is retards on sites like comic vine that really believe on it

yeah pretty much this

how do you fuck up a batman and superman movie, then the fucking justice league movie. and don't act like his cut would have been any better received.

Starro sucks, fucking giant stafish that control other starfishs and kidnap earth starfishs.

This

ALL HAIL STARRO

That's right user everything sucks.

No one in this board could had fixed it.
Everyone in this thread is talentless. Fanboys do shit work even when they have experience, see Johns.

>everything sucks
No, just starfishes.

>johns
Fuck off New 52/Snyder edgy faggot

Unironically this. Motherfucking Starro.

Give up on Darkseid - the general public is not going to view him as anything but a Thanos clone (I know it is the other way around, but try explaining that to Joe Moviegoer and watch his eyes glaze over).

What they should have done is built up the universe slowly. Introduced all of the League members in their own movies with some of the great villains who haven't already been used like Brainiac. Have smaller, lower budget movies with some of the non-cultural icon characters: Teen Titans, Outsiders, Doom Patrol, Legion. Drop hints of a coming invasion slowly.

DC has a TON of characters, and they haven't sold off a lot of their characters like Marvel did. Really populate the DCEU with a ton of superheroes. Then the invasion arrives.

10 to 20 heroes from your smaller movies are taken over by Starro, and millions of regular people. The League has to band together to stop this invasion. You've got built in tension of trying to fight Starro without killing the hosts. Maybe a minor hero or two gets killed along the way for heightened drama.

Just because your neighbor has an 80 feet oak tree doesn't mean you can just plant a sapling and have it be that tall after a year. You've got to let it grow naturally.

get a time machine, travel to the past and kill Snyder

>use a real actor for SW instead of bad cgi
>fix the flash personality
>actually explain the new gods mythology

fpbp

Starro should be a secondary villain from a green lantern movie like Surtur was on Ragnarok.

Offing his daughter circa 2012 when this sad charade began.

I know it's rough, but you know it to be true.

He's probably the most relevant superhero in rebirth comics actually. No red undies, and wearing maybe the best Superman costume ever.

He'd replace it with a fucking Dr. Manhattan explosion anyway.

You're a stupid casual that don't read comics, all heroes changed their uniform though the years, even superman.

Completely cut out the reviving Superman subplot. Instead, maybe have him get revived by magical energy from the three boxes being brought together or something like that. Then, in the final battle, when the League is getting their asses kicked, Supes shows up to save the day. Gives the movie an awesome moment for Supes and strengthens the theme of hope. Plus, it gives you 15 extra minutes to focus on Steppenwolf as a character or building the team dynamic.

Go back to 2010 and make Green Lantern actually work.

Red trunks are great but so is the Rebirth suit. Both are fine with me.

Superman's changes tend to be very minor in comparison to others. Ditching the undies entirely has been done twice; once during the electric blue phase, which was mocked relentlessly, and with the new52. Which was also mocked a whole lot.

You're a stupid manchild who's embarrassed of the fact that he's a comics fan, stop being so insecure of the fact that the thing you like is inherently for children.

If handled right, Starro could be incredibly creepy... like a cross between Star Trek's Borg and Ridley Scott's Alien.

>johnsfag calling anyone edgy

Fuck you manchild, johns is shit, enjoy the flashpoint movie

I actually kinda liked it.

So did I. It wasn't "good" by whatever normal metric people use to judge films by, but it was entertaining. And I liked the characters. And Superman acted like himself. That's enough for me, honestly.

>there is retards
I know English isn't your first language, but please don't treat Sup Forums like it's your designated you-know-what street.

>And Superman acted like himself.
The fact that it took 3 movies to get there and they've already wasted his death is a bell they can't unring though.

I still can't believe there are people who still has the idea all superheroes belong to a same company and ask stupid shit like why Justice League doesn't with together with the Avengers.

I'm cool with the fact that they wasted his death. That means they can't do the Death of Superman storyline again. Thank god!

Oh, wait...

cbr.com/death-superman-reign-supermen-animated/

She looks like Jenny Richardson. Is that her?

Bring on Henshaw and the Eradicator

Considering that they weren't shirking from using HR.Giger's designs for the interior of that Kryptonian Ship this could work. I guess sprinkle in a little bit of lovecraftian style mystery to it too, right?

kek

Make reviving Superman the entire premise of the film and have Evil Superman be the last bad they face off against. The Superman fight is almost universally considered the best part of the movie anyway because that's where the emotional core of the story lies. Steppenwolf is basically Enchantress or any fucking Transformers villain in new clothes so you can't really say he drives the emotional conflict at all. I just think that'd make it more interesting and you wouldn't actually have to make too many changes.

Hell yeah. Make them some kind of extradimensional entities... hell, using that angle, you could even have Darkseid controlling them, which would be distinct enough that normies would say "He kinda reminds me of Thanos, but they're pretty different."

It really goes to show that console wars are fucking stupid and these movies are being judged by their own merits.

Put this guy in charge of all

WB need to fix all the cast before

T. DCEU pajeet

Hahaha...

While I love Kevin Smith and his movies, and he certainly has an encyclopedic knowledge of all things DC, I don't think he could helm a billion+ dollar per year Cinematic Universe.

Then again, he was one of the first to have a bunch of distinct movies all connected by minor characters, events, and common backgrounds.

I hope for the next Batman movie, they bring back the whole quasi-40's aesthetic. That added so much mood and atmosphere to the film.

Buddy you've got some real darkness inside you.

I don't see a problem here.

Shit

>during BvS, there is no major public division over Superman.
>Batman is going off the rails, Superman confronts him. Lex feeds Batmans paranoia regarding Superman
>Batman and Superman fight, Superman easy win
>Batman gets kryptonite
>Lex says Batman will lose even with Kryptonite. hires Deathstroke to put superman in a position of saving civies or fighting Batman.
>Batman fights Superman, looks like another win for superman but Deathstroke springs his trap. Superman sacrifices himself for the civies.
>Batman realises to late that Superman is genuinely out to save people
>Batman fights deathstroke, going berserk. Deathstroke a better fighter but Batman wins eventually.
>Is about to kill DS when he realises thats not what Superman would have wanted.
>Superman in a coma, Batman decides to put a team together to cover the world until Superman wakes
>Lex stays free

Then similar plot for JL, just less quips. Superman disappearing and believed dead fuels the despair of the world. Batman eventually heals Superman from his coma with the league's help, knowing it could be desperate. Still get the (awesome) Superman vs the League scene.

By making the characters faithful to the fucking comics, that is one of the reasons dc movies are fucking shit.

perhaps set up that Robin died a very short time before all this to show that Batman was in an emotionally vulnerable position.

And I suppose you think the MCU does a good job of that, eh?

I think the trauma of being in the MoS fight is good enough reason.

The biggest failing of the Nolan movies, and subsequently the DCEU Batman, was the sterilization of Gotham. The city should be a character unto itself. Begins had a really good base for that, but then it disappeared and became Chicago

FIRST: Give Steppenwolf some generals (Female Furies) to fight the Justice League, which could also set-up Barda (+ Mr.Miracle and Orion) for JL2.

SECOND: No Whedon, No Tsujihara... bring in Miller or Jenkins to finish the movie, make it 2.5+ hours.

>Less CGI shit. Aquaman swimming and late-movie Superman shit was horrible
>Make Batman less like Tony Stark and more like Batman
>Give me a reason to care about Aquaman who comes off as an asshole Thor knock-off
>Make the entire final confrontation a team-effort instead of making it seem like Superman could have effortlessly prevented the entire thing single-handedly

>Barry Allen has been the Flash for a few years now and is 30ish
>is very effective so he has never made a public appearence
>Batman finds him and tries to recruit Barry, but he refuses
>however a 18~20yrs old Wally West eavesdrop on their conversation
>he has been Kid Flash for quite some time but Barry always keeps him on a leash
>at night he steals Barry's costume and goes to Batman pretending to be Barry
>in the end this is revealed to the league and Barry is proud of him

>solo Flash movie would be an original Wally/Barry team-up movie about Kid Flash struggling to surpass Barry while having him as a mentor figure
>Hunter Zolomon would be an stablished supporting cast member to be used as Zoom in a future sequel

I’m not sure I agree with your fix, but I do think this Barry is a fucking travesty. I’m immensely triggered by people saying they “got him right”. He’s like a bastardization of JLU Wally, who wasn’t even in character himself, he was just a necessary archetype for that specific show.

>all heroes changed their uniform though the years,
not all friend

still more impresive than Steppenwolf

why are there so many speedsters?

People like you need to get the fuck off Sup Forums if you can't handle shit like that. He's right, and the only reason Justice League is better than Man of Murder is because snyder's daughter offed herself for our sins

REALLY?

what movies were those exactly?

A few things....
>change the effects used for Flash (yellow lightening rather than blue)
>completely cut out the side story of the family living next to the reactor
>have Superman attack Cyborg dude to spotting alien tech, have Batman be the one to stop him from killing everyone
>change the ducking underwhelming CGI villain to something you'd need CGI for, like Starro

gone after a few issues
meanwhile Supes trunks have been missing in action ever since N52

Clerks
Mallrats
Chasing Amy
Dogma
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
Clerks II

All of them have characters who either appear in multiple movies, know each other, or are related to each other. Julie Dwyer drowning in a pool is mentioned in I believe 3 of the films. Multiple references to Walt Flannagan's dog. Most of them are set in the same small town in New Jersey.

Spider-mans original costume was Red and Black not Red and Blue and it was had webbing in his armpits making it more of a wing-suit.

Wasn't that the goal when JL was a 2 parter? It was going to end with evil Superman

He wore it for around 4 years.

He got it in Secret Wars #8, first appearance was ASM #252. Yeah, he found out it was a symbiote in #258, but he wore a cloth version of the black suit most of the time between then and issue #300. Only after MJ was scared by Venom did he retire it for good. The real reason was Todd McFarland hated drawing it.

A lot of fans really preferred the black suit (from the comics, not the movies).

I like the red trunks. It covers his junk.

This dude is supposed to be an inspiration to little kids. Stop showing off your junk in front of little kids, you Superperv.

New Frontier "worked" because it is fucking cartoon.

If anything it points out his junk.

Let Zack Snyder finish his vision

>muh brunch XD
Fuck Whedon

Superior spiderman was using a new suit, then it was replaced by some kind or armor similar to the classic suit but with new details

Nothing. Movie is perfect as it is.
Wouldn't mind if all deleted stuff was released during home release, but yeah, went with dad on it we had a good time, chadly.

samefag, explain Snyder "vision"

You can't see his junk, though. That's why the trunks even exist in the first place. When you watch Man of Steel or Batman v. Superman, all you see is big blue bulge every time Superman is shown from the waist down. It might work in comics where the artist can just draw Superman's crotch flat, but in the real world there's lots of junk down there.

>like action
Would have canceled it entirely and completely destroyed the division for producing such cancer.

Nope. Wrong.

Okay, you lookin' here chief? Just take THIS! And make it live action! Boom done!

You're just saying that because you like staring at Superman's dick, admit it.