Is Hal Jordan the dumbest hero ever?

Is Hal Jordan the dumbest hero ever?

Yes, on both intellect and concept wise.

In canon that would be Jubilee

If white male privilege was embodied in a superhero, it would be Hal Jordan.

yes

Based Hal

What a meaningless post

And why Hal would know about a reclusive playboy from the other side of country? Remember that the public persona of Bruce is a somewhat reclusive playboy. It would be the same to ask to someone who is that rich, billionaire guy from India, China, whatever.
Also Hal spends a lot of time in space, not reading gossip sites.

>I don't read comic books

"WHO THE FUCK IS STEVE JOBS?"

Who the hell is Hal Jordan?

t. Johns

It's a not very goof story.

No, it would be Spot, because white male privilege as a concept is full of holes.

Yes. Hal is a male bimbo. He's a mimbo. They just keep him around and pretend his opinions matter because he's a pretty face.

Eh I kinda get your point it's like if someone were to ask me who's the 5th wealthiest person I wouldn't know.

Halo should have stayed Parallax or what the fuck ever his name was.

Just corny ass villain.

The only requirement for the ring is strong will. Don't people have the strongest wills. Plus dumb lantern is fun

Doesn't work considering Bruce is a Bill Gates level personality.

Booster Gold.

WHO THE FUCK IS WARREN BUFFETT?

Eh he did disappear for a few years and is also old money, Steve and Bill were well known since they were innovators.

Is he? Guys like Gates and Jobs created brands with massive consumer appeal that are now used by billions of people worldwide. Has the Wayne family achieved that kind of international success and ubiquity by the time happens?

Bruce is arguably more public than either of them, it's kind of absurd. There's really no excuse given how modern Batman works.

Golden Age Bruce, maybe, but Bronze onward? Fuck no.

See
The answer is basically yes. Wayne Tech draws more attention to itself than necessary and Bruce is an incredibly important public figure. The Warren Buffet comparison made earlier is extremely apt.

I mean Bruce might be well known as a celebrity rather than a Billionaire desu since he doesn't do anything within WayneTech in the public eye. Also most people who come from old money are unknown, Idk anyone from old money other than those french twin guys .

Pls post the sinestro edit

>The Warren Buffet comparison made earlier is extremely apt
That's hilarious, given that there would be people ITT who don't know who Warren Buffet is.

>Wayne Tech
Moviefags pls

Founded by merchant ancestors of the Wayne family in the 17th century as a merchant house, it is among the oldest companies in the DC Universe. The company began as a dozen businesses started by brothers Judge Solomon Wayne and Joshua Wayne. With the revenue generated Judge Wayne essentially built Gotham City by hiring Cyrus Pinkney.[2]

Judge Wayne's son and heir, Alan Wayne, officially made it a corporate company in the 19th century. Alan Wayne, who was Bruce Wayne's great-great-grandfather, erected Wayne Shipping, Wayne Chemical, and Wayne Manufacturing. All these companies were energized by the world's Industrial Revolution; more branches were created and diversified while others dwindled and were discarded. Along the years, it has developed from a merchant house to a large multinational conglomerate company in the DC Universe; exceeding LexCorp, Stagg Enterprises, and Ferris Aircraft.

Under the control of Patrick and Laura Wayne, Wayne Enterprises became a "green company" and environmentally conscious from that time forward.

And they're just as dumb as Hal.

Way more, and Bruce was the sexiest man alive at some moment, he is bill gates, rockefeller and mel gibson, he is comparable to the Kennedy jr.

Bruce is called the prince of gotham, as in the prince of the most important port in the new world. So yes. He isnt a random rich guy, he is on CNN, TMZ and pretty much everything you can think off.

But they're no patrolling an entire universal sector. Does Hal even own a TV?

>somewhat reclusive playboy.
Are you guys retarded?
Bruce Wayne is a famous philantropist and he goes to all the parties. The whole point of Bruce Wayne is to be a partygoing philantropist.

It's like asking who is Bill Gates, or who is Donald Trump.

He's up there, that's for sure.
Yes, I know Owlman was using undetectable psychic powers or something to make him dumber than usual here, but it's still funny.

Yeah I know Wayne is oldmoney, that's why I say he's old money. How many people do you are from old money fag, without googling
?

If Hal knows who the president is, he should know Bruce Wayne. Bruce's level of acievement, control, philanthropy and public recognition is fucking absurd.

Also he was an aviator before becoming a lantern.

Surely the US president would have a higher profile than a billionaire?

I was pointing out it's not Wayne Tech.
It's Corp/Enterprises/Foundation. The tech sector is a small piece of the pie. They do Real Estate for 3/4 of Gotham, for fuck's sake.

OP BTFO

Jho Low?
Sergey Brin?
Richard Branson?

Did you know all of them, some of them are quite close to Bruce Wayne behaviour

Reagan won his presidency in part because more people knew and trusted him than the incumbent Jimmy Carter.

More people knew Shwarzennegar than Bush St.

I think more people would know Wayne than Obama. If DC wanted to draw from real life people would probably be pushing Bruce to run for president.

>Superman's avatar is a duckface selfie
So Injustice Supes has always been a rotten egg, even before Joker nuked metropolis.

Forgot but isn't that the issue Black Hand used his dildo gun to force Hal to refer to himself as Green Lantern. A lot of the silver age guys knew his identity surprisingly.

I know Richard Branson, yes.
He's not even from the same country I am, doesn't reside in what's effectively NYC, or do as much shit as Bruce, though.

Yeah, Wayne Tech was my bad but I wanna point out that people who come from old money are less recognizable since they didn't innovate anything. I mean Yeah Bruce is a rich philanthropist play boy like lets say Dan Blizerian but I didn't know Dan since 2 years ago also Bruce is east coast Hal is from California, I mean I don't know any philanthropist in my area much more in the opposite side of the country.

Hey, fuck you. I didn't know who Buffett was a year ago, and it's because he did not have any kind of presence in my life. He still doesn't. I learned about him when I started to study investing.

Buffett is staggeringly rich and notable, but he is not a household name like Steve Jobs or Bill Gates.

Wayne is big enough that it should logically carry, not to mention it's literally his name. In a normal world you'd have a point, but in DC Bruce's name is way, WAY too big to ignore.

>all famous people are on a linear scale of notoriety that everyone must adhere to
>if you know about a person at a particular point on that scale, you must also know every other person who is more famous than them
>it is impossible for anyone to deviate from this at all

>Dan Blizerian
I have no idea who that is

Why did Thomas Wayne decide to study medicine?

Old money instagram douchebag

You guys just don't appreciate how huge the area that Hal patrols is. He doesn't have time to memorize every Earth celebrity.

>Old Money
>Can do what the fuck you want without worrying about money
I mean fuck dude, he was literally born wild a golden spoon encrusted with diamonds, he could have took welding and still be rich. He just likes helping people I guess.

Freak off, I don't know who the heck is he nor I care enough to google him.

>Literally one of the top 5 most famous guys on DC Earth.
>"NO, Hal is NOT stupid for not knowing him!"

user, the boy may as well ask who Abe Lincoln was.

When you realise that WayneTech's chief rival is Lexcorp, and WayneTech is just one of the many Wayne Enterprises companies, you start to realise just how fucking rich Bruce Wayne is, and how well-known he is.

>Hal can use the ring to make himself forget things
That actually explains a lot.

Silver Age could literally do anything.

The fact that the government hasn't broken it up and Gotham & Hub are as bad as they are is just funny, really. Bruce may as well own Earth.

>one of the top 5 most famous guys on DC Earth

Perhaps from the reader's point of view, but unlikely when you consider that DC Earth still has roughly the same amount of people and countries and businesses and celebrities that our own Earth has. We just don't hear about them as often.

Superman would surely be one of the most famous people on DC Earth. Probably Batman too, in a post-JL time frame, but his alter ego Bruce Wayne? Unlikely.

Its not like every sector will have tons of planets and those planets will be as populated or chaotic as Earth, when was the last time we saw Hal solving a problem involving an alien species in his own sector that wasn't an invasion?

Gotham really is such a shithole, considering that it is largely owned by a mind-numbingly rich superhero. Bruce could probably do way more good for the city just by using his finances to improve it rather than dress up like a bat and spend all night spooking street-level criminals.

Eh comic world has a shit ton of billionaires plus emerging superheroes vastly overshadow celebrities.

>Perhaps from the reader's point of view
No, he is very explicitly obscenely famous to the masses. The comics make a point of this. Bruce is one of the most famous non-heroes (ha) on the planet.

Wayne Enterprises is probably paying politicians to lobby against it or change the laws to allow it to continue like Disney does for extending trademarks and IP on the mouse ears. It's mentioned once or twice that there are some consortiums that can approach Wayne Enterprises, but really nobody can actually come close to Bruce Wayne as a singular individual.

I understand that he's very famous, but we're talking about top 5 on the planet.
There are a great many people irl who are "obscenely" famous too. I mean, right off the bat you are suggesting that the guy Bruce (not as Batman) is more famous than most of the A-lister heroes who have publicly saved the entire planet.

Even in the early 80's you had stories like Bruce having his company clean out corruption in the real estate sector during a Ragman crossover. The idea that he and Lucius never even got halfway to a Giuliani-level cleanup is so goofy, supervillains be damned. It's why the curse makes sense.

No good reason for Hub, though. You'd think Bruce could spare them a dime or a million.

I mean, we've never seen Hal take a shit either? And he'd still be policing billions, if not trillions, of civilized planets in his sector.

Fuck that sounds awesome.

>I mean, right off the bat you are suggesting that the guy Bruce (not as Batman) is more famous than most of the A-lister heroes
>one of the most famous non-heroes (ha)

Reading.
Comprehension.

>Bruce could probably do way more good for the city just by using his finances to improve it rather than dress up like a bat and spend all night spooking street-level criminals.
Improving Gotham was impossible due to the large corruption. Batman's purpose was to take down the mob as much as to scare common criminals. but then the super-villains filled the void and Batman is kin of forced to keep patroling the city so someone doesn't burn the whole city down. It was sort of a lose-lose situation in hindsight.

Hal, I think we need to talk about your head injuries

Power Rings could do some crazy shit.

Didn't he once lose a fight against a signpost?

You got a point.
Especially when those superhuman have all their secret societies. We need a good notmies like Wayne just in case.

>we've never seen Hal take a shit either?
Lanterns have a pocket dimension for this kind of stuff, slime, sweat, shit, piss etc.

I am glad both Pieface and Cowgirl returned recently.

Yeah, i know Hilton owns the Hilton hotels, but fuck if i remember his whole name or what he looks like.

How many inhabited planets are there in 2814? There's Earth, Abin Sur's planet and Mars at one point. What else?

what are you talking about? a lot of people have no fucking idea, who steve jobs is. not everyone is interested in some stealing faggot who is only good at marketing

Hundreds. Hal back in the Silver Age got exiled since he was fucking around in Earth too much.

"doesnt do as much shit as Bruce Wayne"

Richard Branson would use himself to promote things, like dressing in drag to promote his store, or trying to set a world recond in a hot air balloon, and then everyone telling that story on talk shows

The only reason you know anything Bruce Wayne does is because youre reading about it. Only we know everything about him

It's 1/3600th of the entire universe m8. Trillions.

Green Lantern is basically Gob from Arreted Development drugging himself to forget the pst 24 hours every day.

Are Jovians still a thing?

But Batman's only actual power is that he has a shitload of money that he inherited from his parents so he can pursue his passion project of beating the shit out of poor people and driving cool expensive cars instead of using his multi million dollar corporation to improve life in gotham.

With Bruce, it's more like knowing and recognizing who owns Comcast United Health, or Home Depot.

If the owner of Kraft, Publix, or Macy's walked out in front of you and said their name would you instantly recognize it?

They're important but not really celebrities.

Same issue had Batman slipping the ring right off Hal's finger a couple times. Something which has been shown to be impossible in all GL books since the beginning of the silver age. But that rule does not apply when Batman in a crossover appears.

Also ring could not identify Darkseid for some reason, despite multiple wars with him.

You would if the owner was also as much a minds-eye presence as the Kardashians x100. Bruce goes out of his way to get himself into the papers regularly for stupid shit like that.

Don't forget sector 666 only has a couple hundred inhabitants in it total

Hal states it in the opening narration of an early Johns run issue. It was something like a few trillion worlds, but only a few hundred million inhabited worlds.and twice that in colonies and space stations.

Are those literally named after the owners, though?

no

>lists Kraft and Macy's
>Are they named after their owner?

I think you perfectly made user's point right here dumbass

>Something which has been shown to be impossible in all GL books since the beginning of the silver age.

1. bullshit
2. we have seen that before
3. it was geoff "i hate batman" johns

Hell no. Batman might as well call himself Punching Down man considering how hilariously outmatched most of his villains are against him.