ITT: Characters only Edgy Manchildren like

Luthor is a better "villain who wants to do the right thing... eventually". Strange scratches the "scientist sorcerer" itch better (he's still an MD). Iron Man is a thousand times better at the "armored guy tries to reshape the world" trope.

Seriously, why do people even like this guy? He's a literal subhuman Gyppo, he's a petty fuck, his fans are worse than BatWankers, and in general has no good stories past his "muh willpower" WankFests, and his origin is one of the worst around. It can basically be summed up to "wah, muh momma killed some kids and is now in Hell and I have to act like an asshole to everyone".

Fuck Doom & Doomfags.

Huh. Lots of DoomFags on this board I see.

But I like Dr. Doom and I'm not edgy. A manchild, certainly, but definitely not edgy. Give Superman back his red panties!

>But I like Dr. Doom and I'm not edgy.
Why? His whole appeal is to make insecure little twats feel better. but here's one thing you are missing: You're all pasty white, but he's a literal Pajeet.

I used to be like you, and then I saw the light, when I branched out of Big 2 stuff. Doom is just a shit character with clingy fans that they pretend is """deep""".

>I branched out of Big 2 stuff
A fellow user of taste! What did you move on to?

My first comics were Asterix, Rantaplan, Lucky Luke, Disney's Ducks, etc, etc. I discovered the Big 2 later on. Anyway, then I moved on to Image, then other Eurocomics, and then to smaller American publishers and whatnot. I still like certain Big 2 stuff (most notably the Vertigo titles), but they lack compared to the rest of the scene.

>be gyppo
>all your feats revolve around stealing somebody else's power
POTTERY

Best thing though, is that he always gets BTFOed and the power returns to its rightful owner. Is Marvel secretly Redpilled?!

Nice! I've been reading a lot of Boom comics. I'm glad I caught the end of The Woods since I didn't make an accout.

Too many buzzwords sport.

I like Doom not because of the incredible powers and abilities that they give him, but because how he plays off of them. He's a certified badass with a vision, and he does whatever he wants because he thinks he knows better than everyone else. He's just so goddamn full of himself, and isn't afraid to shove it down everyone's throats because Doom worked hard to get where he is, and would die before taking a single step backward. He's accomplished more by himself than some nations have, and isn't about to marginalize his deeds because some UN asshole or dickwad from collage says he should. Doom does what he pleases because he doesn't fucking trust you to do it yourself. And why should he? Everyone is a spoiled, lazy, immature manchild to Doom, and he's in no fucking mood to pick up after them. So, shut the fuck up, listen to what Doom has to say, and help him with his plans because lord knows its better than whatever you morons came up with.

I wish Doom was more like a good person and leader to his people and a ruthless person to anyone outside,and just that.But the fact that he can't get over the fact that he isn't perfect and isn't the best one in the world makes him a retard character some times.

If he was a retard character,they could at least make im one with out the "muh deep character".

You talk like an edgy kid!

You basically outed yourself as a self-inserting fanboy, so... thanks for proving my point.

I will however, agree that there's not many good Doom stories. I think he's a great villain, but not a good fantastic 4 villain.

Well jack of all trades I guess

I mean, whatever you want to say to make the mean counterpoint man go away.

>I like Doom because he's the bestest guy who knows what's best about everyone
>everybody else is sto-opid and should just listen to Daddy DOOM
>I'm not a self-inserter REEEEE
user, come on...

I dunno. He's a goofy villain with a metal face and a green cape who refers to himself in the third person. . I like him. He's silly. Just like the rest of the Fantastic Four.

Fuck man, I never denied that Doom scratches the ol' power fantasy itch, but that's not the reason I like him. It's not that I think Doom is the best, it's that DOOM thinks that he's the best. He's an uncompermising shitter that honestly believes his own hype, and has the power to back it up.
He's a wonderful spectacle. He's that kind of classic dastardly villain who'd tie you to some traintracks if only to prove his point. Yeah, you can't spell "dastardly" without "tard", but its what makes him so loveable. He's a genuine threat wrapped in the biggest self-serving asshole that the universe has to offer. What part of that DOESN'T appeal to you?

In comics you like a character, be it hero or villian, because it can be the center of good,interesting plots. By that criteria he is a likeable character.

However, you talk about him (and even get mad at him) as if it was a real person. So it seems to me that you are the manchild, boy. Relax.

Pretty much.

He's one of the few genuinely silver age villains that stuck to the shtick even past the eras of deconstruction and "realism". He's simply entertaining.

He became god and defeated the greatest threat the marvel multiverse ever faced. Plus he is master of science, technology, magic and martial arts.

You are so stupid. You are the edgy idiot.

>Doom is just a shit character.
You really are retarded, kys.
If you think what I'm saying is wrong read what you wrote.

Doom is a fucking PUNK.

Everyone talks about how horrible a villain he is, yet every damn one of his reads, at least the ones that I've seen or been suggested to see by Sup Forums, depict him as more of a fucking antihero than an actual villain.

Joker -- Killed Jason Todd, paralyzed Barbara, killed Sarah, etc.

Magneto -- Ripped Wolverine's fucking skeleton out

Green Goblin -- Killed Gwen Stacy, all of the psychological damage to his own fucking son

Doom -- The nigga delivered Reed Richards' child.

His big "act of villainy" there was just NAMING THE GIRL. Sure, you can toss out the whole "oh well he was proving that he could do something that Richards couldn't, he could help his family when Richards could not", or the bs "Oh well he's a classy motherfucker dohoho/he's an honorable villain" crap out there, but when it comes down to it, Doom hasn't done SHIT.

That all being said, Doom crying at 9/11 wasn't any sort of break in character or anything to me. Hell, I would even go as far to say that it was entirely IN character.

So he's a... Gary Stu?

Adrian's unironically more complex than Doom.

He made a pact with demons but had to kill the person he loved, he did it and the skin of the woman he loved became his magic armor

The OG king of only liked by edgy manchildren
There's a reason they bitch if he does anything but murder spicks and niggers all day

Literally all of them. Fuck off with your boners for retarded murderous losers, you fifteen year olds.

Marshal Law

samefag detected, no one actually cares about your gay taste

>A thread about characters for edgy manchildren hosted by exclusively edgy manchildren

This should go over well!

also possible samefag
literally no reason for that reply before anyone said anything about Doom as well as forced "Doomfag" descriptor

stop outting yourself retard

>scientist
>surgeon

did someone hurt you user? do you wanna talk about it?

>everyone ignored my shit thread, better reply to myself

probably all samefagging to be honest

you are retarded OP

Doom's greatest ever defeat

I like Doom because he is essentially a flamboyant golden-age villain pasted into a modern setting