Amethyst

Drouhard recently went on a podcast to talk about the Amethyst shorts, let's have a thread about it.

canceledtoosoon.libsyn.com/ep-74-amethyst-princess-of-gem-world-2013

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=17o1OlroNSE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shit I loved these shorts
She's a total cutie

We need more Amethyst.

The n52 run was good and I read the original run and it was actually way better then you'd expect.

It really was. I thought the shorts were good, but since learning that they were based on an actual comic I'm not opposed to Amethyst getting its own show. The only downside is that cartoonfags might call it a ripoff of Star Vs.

I love her work

But Amy aired in 2013

The original comic was really fun.

I remember these. They were super cute.

I can't listen to this until later today
Bummer

When DC finishes their streaming service, you guys think this could get picked up?

AMETHYST IS FAT, BLACK AND BEAUTIFUL YOU FAGGOT, STOP FAT SHAMING AND WHITE WASHING

>Literally purple

>Not posting lewd

I found an issue in a local bookstore and bought it on a whim.
It was about how Amethyst was blinded and had to turn to Dr. Fate for help. this was a dark book.

...or this?

Faust is making the new DC Girls.

I want this team so bad.

Dat Mary...

Have more lost opportunity

>that Mary

hnnnnnngh

Has anyone else here listened to the podcast? She mentions she made another short.

>DC Magical girl show

She's the only DC character I care about
I wish her original series got reprinted in color
it's bullshit

>cartoonfags
>thinking

Doesn't Zatanna have anything better to do than hang out with a bunch of kids half her age?

that'd be better than anything that Zatanna actually does

The Bumblebee one?

Not that one. A short for Nickelodeon.

She's great as a team leader/team mom. And she had an apprentice in her seven soldiers story.

Teaching younger girls magic also allows her to follow in the footsteps of her father Zatarra who taught her magic. It's a natural progression for her character to lead a team like that.

Shut up, Purple.

Fuck she's such a great artist and character designer. How is she not actively employed right now?

Because the entertainment industry is staffed by women who suck dick for position. See Weinstein.

She's both talented and a woman with virtue which is why she's not employed.

Supposedly she wanted to sell Harpy Gee to Disney, but they insisted that it would be about Harpy traveling to the real world, living with a regular boy and have a big focus on school and Harpy upsetting it with her magic, while she wanted it to be a fantasy adventure series in a fantasy world.
Come to think of it, the Disney proposal sounds familiar...

The art style looks familiar to me...
It reminds me Harpy Gee

>original independent webcomic
>let's give the rights to THE MOUSE
>surely they will not suck out the soul out of her creation

I remember there were a Harpy Gee discusson in first Star threads.
I even thought, that Star is "based" on harpy webcomics

Has she drawn Star?
Maybe getting beat by Amethyst?

>Disney is gonna try and turn every new fantasy show into Star Vs.

What a time to be alive

There are fags who think that Amy is a ripoff of Steven Universe.

I think it was before Star Vs. So essentially they did the same thing to Star Vs creator, but she agreed.

But she is working. She draws storyboards.

Well even if it was before it might still happen. Certainly isn't the first time Disney's forced people to change their show for the $$$.

Actually Star was originally going to be a crazy but normal girl who pretended and/or hallucinated fantasy stuff, and Marco was originally gonna be a little kid. The Mouse actually added in more fantasy.

Not to assume but does she have beef with shows like Star Vs. Or Steven Universe? Those seem like types of shows she would mention or draw on her timeline given her interests, but not a peep and I've been a followed for a while

I had no idea Brianne Drouhard was a lolicon...

HOWDY!

I'M FLOWEY!

FLOWEY THE FLOWER!

Made me kek.

>perpetually stuck retooling old franchises
>still haven't persuaded a studio to pick up Galaxy Girls
Being Faust is suffering.

Missing one very high potential magical girl.

>Disney has a show idea in mind already
>shops around for some bright-eyed first time showrunner to raise it for them
>people who don't know any better just assume this is natural for making cartoons
Holy shit.

Good to hear. What show?

It hurts. Why is DC and CN so incompetent? Did she ever make anything of note? Her artstyle is great. DC should just have her do an ongoing digital comic series. Nerds and other manchildren like myself would eat this shit up

The even more interesting thing is how Star VS came from the opposite direction. A story about a normal girl in a normal world who thought things were magic.

They made her younger for Young justice,could easily do the same there.

I though she gave up on trying to pitch that if we wasn't going to get total creative control.

given how successful Wonder Woman was, will DC/WB want to develop more female-led DC fantasy based movies?

I could see them making an Amethyst movie

I am writing a crossover fanfic about many cartoon characters fighting and dying in a war agaisnt a sadistic race of monsters, what do you think? would this Amethyst (this girl, don't talk me about SU pls) be an interesting romantic interest for this guy (Image related).

Man I really would enjoy a fanart like that.

I'm glad Amethyst failed because if it was successful then Sup Forums would have sperged out at Drouhard, sending her "lewds" and harassing her for being "a sjw" until she left the industry

>He doesn't remember the stalking generals

Drouhard draws the best boobs, I love it

You think he would have paused and wondered where all these pics came from

>That defeated naked Amy

Oh mama...

Is that your jam?

>Amy overpowered in spite of her best attempt to fight for her friends
>Stripped
>Forced to kneel before her conqueror knowing that she's failed all the faith placed in her
>Can only hide her face to cover up her shame and tears

Oh yes its my jam.

SU fans apparently gave her some crap, calling her stuff a rip-off and pestering her and stuff.

even though the entire series is like, 30-40 years old

Very well

who here reads Harpy?

True. I used to know Brianne personally and seeing her name come up here at all is nice but unsettling.

that never happened

I don't think it was a major thing, but i'm sure i heard that story somewhere.

You doubt the incredible obnoxiousness of the SU fandom of 2 years ago?

I can confirm I heard similar reports. Don't know if it's true, but given how vicious SU fans have been to any percieved slight I wouldn't be surprised.

th-that's not hot at all...

oh, she worked on the Teen Titans series, that was like 10 years ago.

>the story about her getting glasses and ice cream being the first time she sees her adopted parents

she also mentioned the mouse stealing some of her characters and then saying it was just a parody of her work

Harpy Gee is a good comic but I have a problem with my ship not sailing.

>shipping in a comic that updates only weekly

What ship is that? I recall any romance bullshit in the comic and I'm glad for it.

Now all we need is Harpy Gee doing that to Star.

Is that Lady Turquoise? Damn I wish they have made a full series.

'tis. She's in several of the images in this thread

Well she did the animation for SpaceUnicorn.
youtube.com/watch?v=17o1OlroNSE

FUCK YES and in that art style

Sup Forums I don't understand Disney... if you have the premise of a magic girl who comes from a fantastic world where magic and monsters are the everyday and we can see hundreds of adventures... Why would someone want a normal school to be the focus of this story?

Why would someone make of the side characters a bunch of normal guys? When the fantasy side could be always more interesting.

kids need a setting they can identify themselves with, like school

If you notice most disney tv show have a highschool settings. why? Disney own a lot of IP if they wanted a magical story on a magical realm they could make an animated series of one of their movies. That way even if there is magic they can diferenciate between their movie brand and their tv brand.