>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg

>Rebels Recon: Rebel Assault
youtube.com/watch?v=zXt9ZmN-V-k

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CbN8sfihY

>Star Wars Battlefront 2 All Cutscenes
youtube.com/watch?v=WodLtEuxVSE

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.co
youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What is she, /swco/?

Someone explain to my why dabbing is so popular

Unspoilered for a change.

It's time for cancer posts to end.

The Empire did nothing wrong.

Because stupid people like stupid """jokes"""

Post cute guys!

Cam Newton

yes

What's the most trivial Star Wars-related hill you're willing to die on?

Hard mode: Nothing canon-related

Jolee Bindo was in the wrong, and was supposed to be presented as such!

the Vong were a great idea and the storyline started out great.

ROTS is a good movie.

Luke shouldn't have a big fight in TLJ.

Naboo should have been Alderaan in the prequels. It would have given viewers a reason to care more that it gets destroyed in ANH

I feel like George likely was going to do this until he realized he wanted Palpatine to be the Senator of Padme's planet in Episode 1's plot. Then he realized that he can't be from Alderaan because Tarkin likely wouldn't just casually blow up the Emperor's home planet in Episode 4 so he changed it into a new planet.

Snoke better be Plagueis.

>starwars.wikia.co /wiki/Age_of_responsibility
>Category: Legends
What did Disney mean by this?

the damage done to Wedge's character, and rogue squadron, in the nu-canon, outweighs any positives the nu-canon has created.

its a bummer that they made Bail so likable then he just dies with the planet

Shadows of the Empire deserves another game

they really messed up by having Battlefront 2 be a redemption story and I think it's more annoying than the loot box shit.

Yeah, but he dies holding his wife, and thinking good thoughts about his daughter. It's not the worst kind of death he could have had.

First for bong banshee

Because white people want black people to like them

From the OT, ANH Stormtrooper armor looks the best. ROTJ Stormtrooper armor looks the worst. In fact many of the props from ROTJ look bad.

Shadows of the Empire does have a sequel comic focusing on Guri.

Fucking this. They even had goddamn Luke Skywalker himself give the PERFECT set up for Iden and Inferno to join Rae Sloane's faction and take us through the events of Aftermath from the grunts perspective, but they just thrust you into an X-Wing because......fuck you, I guess

Revenge Of The Sith should've been a Two Part Movie.

Part I being about battles from the Clones, Dooku's death, & Anakin's nightmares and converstation with Sidious.

Part 2: End of the War, Death of Grievous, Jedi Purge in more detail, Anakin leaves order by will and gives his saber to obiwan. Sidious arrest attempt by Mace, Jedi Temple & Separatist massacres are longer.

how come Count Dooky didn't say anything about Palpatine when Anakin was about to kill him

He was scared shitless. Anakin hated his ass so he knew he wasnt gonna hear him out. Plus Sidious had no use for a cripple with info. He was fried either way.

He knew Anakin would never believe him and accusing his good buddy of really being an evil Sith would piss him off and guarantee death.

Saying nothing at least gave the possibility of Anakin sparing him and taking him prisoner.

Dooku's already known for being duplicitous, and Anakin already hates him. He knew there was basically nothing he could say at that moment that would help him.

That and if we go by what Christopher Lee felt about that moment, he knew he was basically fucked and wanted to at least go out with dignity rather than beg for his life or try to shift blame.

Why are there two threads?

Someone is trying to cuck the other.

Rule Of Two.

Clone Wars should have been handled by the prequel movies and not a cartoon.

I'm getting my dad to rewatch all of the Star Wars movies. It's more or less the first time he's seen most of them all the way through since they were released in theaters, so they are mostly fresh to him again.

He's watching in chronological story order and he finished the prequel trilogy yesterday. Basically, he liked Phantom Menace, didn't care for Attack of the Clones, and loved Revenge of the Sith. He said he hated how Anakin killed children in Revenge of the Sith and thought it was a little too over the top, but overall he loved the movie. He also didn't think Jar Jar was too bad and he loved seeing Yoda fight.

These tumblr things are painful, even when the ship is neato and totally going to be canon.

That weird dome droid (LV-series, I think) from the Sandcrawler is used for demolition.

Your dad is /ourguy/

ok this one will probably get me shit but for some reason twitter has brought it up a bunch so
its not a big thing that Rey could use mind trick in TFU, its not a sign that she has nothing to learn or that its a crime that Leia isnt a Jedi. shes also not the only one in either the new or old continuities to pull out force powers that they weren't trained in

>Basically, he liked Phantom Menace
youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI

explain

Starkiller Base was terrible and TFA would have been tremendously improved if it didn't have it at all.

Eh, it's one thing to do a Force push or something impulsively, it's another to use a mind trick that requires a more specific technique.

Fuck off

I marathoned all Star Wars films with my mom and she unironically liked Padme's and Anakin's romance in episode II

I wish your dad was my dad

Not sure that counts as a hill to die on when a majority of /swco/ feels that way.

So did my sister

I guess women just like that sappy stuff

>didnt care for AotC
He doesn't like sand

Going from the Stackpole X-Wing book series to Wedge's arc in the aftermath books is nothing short of a massive drop off in quality so epic, so large, that it comical. I'm not saying I hate the new universe, some of the stories are great. The Thrawn book is amazing and Claudia Grey's stuff have been quality. But Wedge's character assassination is truly depressing.

strangely, my sister didn't like it and cringed during romantic scenes, especially the 'I don't like sand' scene

But shes so soft. And smooth.

I get being disappointed that the books aren't canon anymore but you have yet to explain why nucanon has assassinated Wedge's character. "Those books aren't canon anymore" doesn't count as character assassination.

Theory: Wedge probably would have had more to do in the books (and maybe even shown up in Bloodline) if Denis Lawson hadn't turned down being in the new movies.

Here's a concept Stormie helmet I found on the floor at Celebration this year. Sorry for sideways.

Wedge has barely done anything though, I'd hardly call it character assassination.

And it's pretty easy to cherrypick your favorite stuff from Legends against the worst of Canon, when they have nothing to do with each other besides Wedge barely appearing in Aftermath.

I think "I don't like sand' is a metaphor of him growing up on Tatooine as a slave

Very likely if you ask me. He probably would have been the leader of black squadron, and Poe's comic might have been a bit more interesting.

It's an obvious callback to that, yes. I actually like the line and am sad it got memed into oblivion.

For fun let's pretend that Dooku last minute spills that Palpatine is a sith lord. Anaking assumes he's lying and decapitates him all the same. Sheeve reassures Anaking that it was just a lie but the simple idea that he may be a sith lord is implanted in Anakin's mind and the story far earlier than in the real movie
How does this change ROTS and the aftermath?

Yeah, character assassination implies they did something that actively ruined his character, rather than just him being less interesting due to a lot of his books not being canon.

Turning the character into a bum who sucks dick for credits and likes it? That's character assassination. Leaving the character a more or less blank slate since a lot context is lost due to the old books being non-canon? That's a different scenario entirely.

The one on the left looks like a fucking Bionicle

Was Shadows of the Empire basically a prototype of current SW canon as far as being an interconnected multimedia storyline?

the whole Padme/Anakin romance reminds me of when I was a teen and those awkward first attempts at flirting with the girls I liked

Honestly it probably wouldn't change much. Anakin would believe him, then later when he puts two and two together he'd be angry and confront him, just like in the movie.

The only thing I could see being different is Anakin hearing the Plagueis story and thinking "wait, maybe he's the apprentice in the story" but since the big takeaway there is the life-saving power, Anakin would probably still mull over it for a bit before asking him outright if he's a Sith.

To be fair, running the NR's flight academy and banging Snap's mom doesn't really sound that bad.

That's not a hhill to die on at all, that's just preaching to the choir in this thread
A hill to die is
Starkiller Base is the logical conclusion of the Death Star project. With a bit more time and a slower pace TFA could have really made it work

I was personally surprised just how far they took his character in the EU at all.
From a character perspective Wedge is there for all 3 movies and blows up two death stars but (at least for me) he had very little impact on the story. Like he was just kind of a side character that I never really payed any attention to but got a whole series of books and cameos in hundreds of others.

Sort of. It was more of a test of marketing than anything, since the idea was to have a movie-style marketing event without an actual movie. I wouldn't be surprised if they later looked to SOTE as inspiration for how to do interconnected media, though.

Maybe Anakin would put two and two together sooner? Maybe even before the 'died-in-childbirth" dream or the plaugus speech. Would Anakin be more inclined to turn him in?

Not much but it does add a nice bit of extra paranoia of wondering who to trust or believe.

Not really. I think it might have given them the idea, and reminded them that its not only an option for the new canon but an option Lucasfilm has pursued with success in the past, but to call it a prototype would be inaccurate
I'd call it inspiration, or maybe it was looked back at as a proof of concept when proposing how the new canon could work

That's kind of the point. The big 3 characters all have pretty established arcs for the most part, but Wedge was literally a blank slate for EU authors to play with.

It's not just that, but also Rebels. Wedge and Hobbie have been reduced to the bumbling B-Team that don't get included in the only actual X-Wing mission in favor of fucking MART, have one mission between the two of them and that's just flying a shuttle, and the one time they got any focus they were literally so incompetent they ran into reach other.

Seriously fuck Filoni. He talked up so much shit about how he refused to use X-Wings because muh McQuarrie A-Wings and how when he did it would be special. Then when they show up they get slaughtered and the established pilots take a back seat to his OC's. Just like how he put Wedge in the trailers for the last season and did fucking nothing with him.

But this isn't even unique to Wedge. Established characters have been getting absolutley shit on in NuCanon from day one. Luke is a hermit who never did the one thing he was supposed to do after the OT ended, all so Rey can be the cool hero. Han and Leia's relationship disintegrated almost immediatley, because modern writers don't believe heroic people can be good parents. Lando shows up nowhere outside EAfront and a prequel movie for people who hate prequels, despite the fact that Billy Dee Williams is the only guy who stuck with SW this whole time and continued to pour his heart and soul into Lando for DECADES. R2-D2 is put in a plot coma so a new droid mascot can show up and sell toys.

Lawson said he refused because the role was too boring. If he's anything like Ackbar and Nien Nunb were that's for good goddamn reason because they had one talking heads scene and then the latter went into the field for no reason but to take orders from a kid half his age, despite him being one of the like half a dozen pilots with a death star kill under his belt. There is no way TFA would have done Wedge any justice, buy sheer virtue of what the fuck it did to literally every other character.

I can kind of see the DNA of it in the FO pilot.

You're getting mad that Wedge isn't a hotshot ace in the time before the Death Star?

I think it definitely showed an early desire from Lucasfilm to have a more cohesive and connected series, and it was a side-project while Lucas was working on the real canon continuation of the series (The prequels).

Just look at how the books, comics and game connected then, to how Aftermath, Shattered Empire and BF2 connect now. Only this time it's more extensive and cohesive, officially canon, and connects back to the entire series rather just one small pocket of storytelling.

Kreia was on to something when she called the Force a capricious, uncaring god.

if it was anything else but a planetoid shaped base no oone would care.
if it was a giant gun pulled around the outer rim by the First Order fleet ala the Darksaber it would have been fine

Maybe they've left him alone because even though they are not cannon we have tons of Wedge stories? Just because it's non cannon doesn't mean you can't read or enjoy them. Maybe they've left him alone to let some other character have the stoplight.

I doubt it. The problem isn't that Anakin didn't know Palpatine was a Sith Lord, its that Anakin doesn't have enough loyalty or patience left with the Jedi to not turn against them.

And even more in the Jumptrooper.

He was second in command of Red Squadron. If anyone had any reason to be a hotshot besides squadron leaders it'd be him.

>Wedge is depicted as a fresh recruit who still hasn't yet become as skilled as he will eventually be
>WTF WEDGE SHOULD BE BLOWING UP 10000 GUYS IN 2 SECONDS THIS IS CHARACTER ASSASSINATION FUCK FILONI
Jesus

Probably, but I'm not the guy you need to convince. is.

Red 2 is just a callsign, it doesn't actually mean he's second in command. The numbers aren't ranks.

Oh sorry.
see

Porky should have been a hotshot

Jesus christ dude, chill out. You're starting to sound like a facebook-tier EUfag. Filoni has done a great job, and has been very respectful with the established characters he has used, I don't get your problem with them at all. Wedge is a blank slate, and Filoni had to work around Wedge and Hobbie being paranoid teens who were only just joining the Rebellion to escape the Empire.

There will be much more time for Wedge stories down the line.

I'm not gonna defend what JJ has done though.

That seems to mesh well with the way he's depicted in ANH, as skilled but nervous.

Wedge ISN'T a fresh recruit. He was an elite candidate and that's why he got recruited to begin with. If he was literally just some guy and he had anything resembling an actual arc then sure, maybe. But Wedge and the X-Wings have the same problem in that they both got hyped to hell and back and then had nothing done with them.

>Luke is a hermit who never did the one thing
Did you just not pay attention in TFA? He did the thing, it went completely to shit in his hands and instead of trying to rebuild his life all over again Luke decided to check out of the galaxy. Can't say that I blame him.
As for Han and Leia, they were always going to drift apart. Both of them are project driven, but Han has nothing to work on. He's too maverick to just settle into being a peacetime commander, he's too well known to relax back into being a smuggler and he's too adventurous to sit behind a desk running a shipping company the legitimate way. And Leia always put the Rebellion and the Republic first, its just who she is.