What does Sup Forums think about The Lion Guard?

What does Sup Forums think about The Lion Guard?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a-2ckpvfHuU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>>>/mlp

It's not good, and doesn't make sense. Should have just had the series take place after Lion King 2 and have Kion be Kiara and Kovu's kid. And this whole "magic" roar thing is awkward amidst everything as the magic stuff in Lion King was more spiritual stuff that played more like a soliloquy. It also cheapens the moment Mufasa and Simba spoke once Simba met up with Rafiki as apparently you can call on Mufasa so long as you know his spirit lingers instead of moving on in the Circle of Life.

Well, it's one of Kion's magic powers.
A normal person needs a medium like Rafiki to cast a spell in order to open the channel.

>Look kids! We brought back Scar because he's cool and menacing and badass! It's definitely not because the premise is wearing thin and we're running out of ideas for new characters!

its agreed that it had potential but wasted it when they made it a show for babies. Which it is. There is a reason you don't see threads about it often, and those threads die pretty quickly since only like max 20 people ever want to talk about it. You don't see people on the board talking about Paw Patrol do you? The only reason it gets traction here is because the Lion King has a huge fucking fandom and most people on Sup Forums agree its a good film.

It's exactly as boring and pointless as you can imagine.

>tfw The Lion Guard's creators turned the Lion King into D&D

It would suck badly if not for waifus in every third or so episode...

It's a better show than people give it credit for, but it does have a number of issues. Still, it's miles better than other contemporary preschool cartoons, like Paw Patrol. Fuck that.

>Well, it's one of Kion's magic powers.
Ridiculous given the setting and premise of the movie it is based on. They even had to raise the dead because they can't make their regular antagonists threatening or show them ever winning on screen because that means someone became a meal.

>or show them ever winning on screen because that means someone became a meal.
They wouldn't have to explicitly show anything.

Just a little stomach bulge~

He looks like a druid's feral form from WoW.

How do they keep the lion king 2 exclusive characters but don't explain the absence of adult kion in the film

caught an episode of this over the holidays bc my 4yo nephew left the tv on. I was pleasantly surprised by the voice acting of the crocodiles. volcano scar is cool and works as a kids show villain by virtue of his vague menace, which conveniently enough doesn't require much on-screen death. beats the hell out of paw patrol and bubba gumpies that's fir damn sure.

He was off doing Lion Guard shit

Don’t worry, they’ll eventually come out with a Lion King 1/2 style special to show that Kion spent the entire movie just off screen having an impact on the plot.

Why couldn't they just make Kiara the leader of the Lion Guard instead of creating a new character?

So they can add magic powers and easily explain why they haven’t come up before or after with they only manifest in the second born of the Royal bloodline

>its agreed that it had potential but wasted it when they made it a show for babies. Which it is. There is a reason you don't see threads about it often, and those threads die pretty quickly since only like max 20 people ever want to talk about it. You don't see people on the board talking about Paw Patrol do you?

And a lot of the cartoons that are discussed here are made for Elementary School kids. What's your point?

The first half of Season 1 sucked and was mediocre in the seond half. But Season 2 has been great and the improvements really do show

>Shit-tier scenario
>Animation feels rushed
>"Hey remember Simba's daughter in the 2nd movie well here's his son you never heard of before"
>Fucking Cutie-Marks stolen from MLP

Basically this show is complete garbage and Disney should have realized by now that they're better at creating completely original cartoons (Recess, Gravity Falls) than cartoons based on their movie franchises.

The show brought Vitani back. That makes it tops in my book.

Why does the hyena always have bedroom eyes?

Why wouldn't she?

youtube.com/watch?v=a-2ckpvfHuU

It's not fair to compare things to paw patrol. Paw patrol is on a whole other level of bad.

While I strongly dislike The Lion Guard, I also agree with you. It's just insulting to compare a cartoon, even one that you dislike, to fucking Paw Patrol.

Paw Patrol has a following on Sup Forums, though. Lion Guard doesn't.

Well hey, Justin Bieber has a following among a lot of people. That doesn't make him good.

>when you can't get a bitch out of your head

>Basically this show is complete garbage and Disney should have realized by now that they're better at creating completely original cartoons (Recess, Gravity Falls) than cartoons based on their movie franchises.
Aladdin?
Hercules?
Buzz Lightyear of Star Command?
I mean it's not like it's common but sometimes they get it right. Fuck, there's even a good Lion King cartoon, Timon and Pumbaa was just fine.

Most of these was not conflicting with the movies they originated from. (Buzz Light-year was not even close to considering itself part of the Toy-Story timeline, it really was just a show centered around the "real" buzz).
Aladdin was rather "meh", the same as Hercules. (the Cartoons, I mean, not the movies.)

They sometimes get it right but most of the time, their Original cartoons are better than their franchise ones.

Timon and Pumbaa started good, then it tried way too fucking hard to be Animaniacs.

Disney version of mlp

Those clouds look like lion heads. I wonder if it was intentional.