Samurai Jack Season 5

Remember when the season focused on shit like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=kbejQLOxw5s

That shit was great. Why did they focus on a romance when they had 6 episodes max to flesh her and her relationship with Jack out?

Is there anyone out there who would say ghostJack wasn't easily the best part of S5? Hell of a guy he was.

I loved him because it was the stoic dude we'd known through the whole series cracking under the pressure and I was looking forward to see him redeem himself through his own actions.

But then he needed some fucking randy to help him do it.

because romance is fun and if you hate it you've probably given up

If we go by your logic, any hamfisted, forced romance is A-OK because it's romance, and if someone doesn't like it the problem lies with them.

Light romance doesn't work with dark stories and in the grand scheme of things, Samurai Jack was dark in its own flavor. It just doesn't blend together, but enough wasting time for half-brained people like you.

EVERYBODY

I generally stick up for season 5 but good god, Mad Jack and the horseman were such a let down.

This

I was just really disappointed that Jack needed someone else to get him out of his funk. Sure it gives more importance to Ashi, but it just wasn't done that great. I liked the final showing of Mad Jack, sure the laser eyes was weird but I enjoyed the fact he called Jack a fool when Aku was calling him that the whole time.

I thought it was the gosth of his failures haunting him
Turns out it was the ghost of blue balls tryna get him laid

I just wish it had gotten more time to breathe, like everything else in season 5. A story where Ashi helps Jack open up and heal from the past 50 years of trauma while Jack helps Ashi find her human side and walk away from being a Daughter of Aku and romance comes from that would've been great if it was extended over like 26 episodes.

Jack should have killed Ashi along with her sisters

Yeah, that's true. I would have no problem with Ashi or Jack having a relationship with her at all if it weren't shoved into 6 episodes. I don't even count the first 4 because she either wasn't there or hated him at the time.

yeah pretty much
it works because the story was explicitly about jack coming out of the dark place with the help of everyone he's helped, and how hope and empathy are the best tools for living your life.

Have you ever seen "It's a Wonderful Life?"

I think Genndy wanted to show what Jack had become before having him return to what he was. The problem is that people forgot what Samurai Jack was and liked what he had become.

Not even that user, but I like romance in things just fine. Alot of it makes me feel warm and fuzzy, I'm not a heartless bastard. But the romance in season 5 blew. It went way too fast and had almost no reason to be there. He had a closer and more believable relationship to the fucking Scotsman than her, and he had only a few episodes with him.

What do you mean? I was fine with Samurai Jack as he was in the past and the present. I just wanted it to focus more on Jack instead of Ashi and Jack.

Genndy could have easily got more then 10 episodes. Most of the seasons flaws could have been resolved if he had a few more episodes.

>Genndy could have easily got more then 10 episodes.
Really?

Lots of things in season 5 moved too fast, but I think focusing on pacing too much is missing the forest for the trees. It wasn't a perfect thing but I thought a lot of moments in it were sweet and it helped me through a rough patch in my life

Ashi objectively ruined the show.
It should have stayed dark and edgy like in first two episodes.
Shoving a new characters with romantic interest in a season which overarching plot that had only 10 episodes was the most hack idea.

I was disappointed when he turned out to be a watered down Mad Jack who ended up being in the wrong rather than in the right.

I've never seen romance properly done in Hollywood. Hell it's barely done good in real life, let alone fiction.

Romance is an ideology that no average human being can reach with their brainlet brains.