It was more critically acclaimed and successful than any of Snyder's films

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QlsSF081Uks
youtu.be/lDUJ90LOCb0
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/conjuring-2-spinoff-crooked-man-works-1012702
screenrant.com/conjuring-spinoff-the-nun-first-look-video/
bloody-disgusting.com/editorials/3394420/5-warrens-cases-center-conjuring-3/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It was a family-friendly cartoon movie full of "le nerdy" references that everyone on earth would get, and it makes casuals feel like they're hardcore because they know who Condiment King is.

This, although I don't think many "normies" would have any idea of what the phantom zone is. Unless they watched man of steel.

Stop motion at its finest

Phantom Zone is in Superman the Movie, one of the most iconic films of all time. Granted it was a spinning rhombus in outer space but the name was there.

Plus a shit ton of Superman's mythos is just common knowledge now through cultural osmosis. Brainiac, Bizarro, the bottle city, etc.

Success isn't measured in pleasing contrarian trolls on Sup Forums. It's measured in normies. This movie was for them.

Wasn't the Phantom Zone in the Christopher Reeve movies?

this

Can't agree sorry most of my freinds where not aware of the reeves movies other than the tribute one from around 2005 I know because I had them on vhs
I'm talking about "normies" here not just some random who's come from Sup Forums to shitpost about JL

More people watched this movie than just little kids and teens/college age kids. People in their 30's and 40's definitely remember Superman the Movie.

I think you're confusing normies with fake nerds.
Normies don't know Condiment King or the bottle city.

I dunno it was a Lego movie after all so it probably appealed to children more
I went with my little brother as an excuse just to see it because he was 11, I didn't see too many adults other than the ones with their children
But this is the UK so dunno
I'm.mot gonna argue about it but I think you have to be in the know to know with some of the jokes they included.

So is the conjuring series. It also spawned a more profitable cinematic universe. Just to rub salt on the wounds. The conjuring a edgy Christian film series. Surprised there isn’t a crooked man laughing at Ben afflec meme yet. youtu.be/QlsSF081Uks

Casuals are idiots who think they're smart because they read about comics on wikipedia or played Injustice or watched Batman TAS.

Normies are the people who don't know anything except references to the movies and 60's show.

The conjuring is a fucking dire attempt at horror. Cheesy and overused "muh hauntings"
At least the einfeild hauntings series did it right.

>People in their 30's and 40's definitely remember Superman the Movie.
Most of them haven't watched it since they were 10.

For what it's worth I did a music blind test with some family last month and the Superman theme was pretty much the only John Williams song that took more than 5 notes to be recognized, and it was recognized by a 60 year old.

lower standards for cartoons.

>Bizarro

>tfw most people probably think of Seinfeld when they hear this reference.

It doesn't matter. For normies, it's just a name of a special place

It wasn't excessively edited, had genuine love and respect of the source material, consistent tone, goodwill from The Lego Movie, and it had actual colors and light, so you could tell what was happening onscreen.

It's proof that batgod is the only one who can make money

Take out the music numbers from the opening sequence and the ending and it would be 10/10. Otherwise it gives off that same awkward embarrassment of the shrek music moments.

It was fun and had funny bits.

That's literally it. Everyone is tired of edgelord capes on the big screen.

>Cheesy and overused "muh hauntings"
It almost like the conjuring was closer to the classic universal monsters in tone than the DARK UNIVERSE reboot. youtu.be/lDUJ90LOCb0

No it wasn't it was just another bullshit run of the mill hauntings horror like we've had constantly since paranormal investigation was blown out of proportion.

>Stop motion
Dude...

Do I smell a butt hurt DCcuck mad that the Conjuring series get better Rotten tomatoes score than DCEU movies?

Couldn't give a toss about the movies

The Bizarro Jerry was an excellent episode, though.

Not much really, it was just an inoffensively fun little movie, but much inferior to the first Lego one. The other day i happened to see on TV bits of the original Batman Lego movie, one that was just there to promote the toys, and basically it had the same plot, "Batman is an asshole and doesn't realize he needs friends to fight the baddies", except instead of Batgirl, Robin and all in that one the friends were Superman and the JL (also because the main plot was about Luthor trying to be president). The movie really wasn't that original, especially when the random collection of unrelated villains showed up, it's mostly elevated by the fact that it came after Lego Movie so it could borrow the style etc.

>Couldn't give a toss about the movies
Apparently You are a minority. Conjuring universe probably going to get lots of copy cats. hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/conjuring-2-spinoff-crooked-man-works-1012702

screenrant.com/conjuring-spinoff-the-nun-first-look-video/

bloody-disgusting.com/editorials/3394420/5-warrens-cases-center-conjuring-3/

Not that user, but i don't understand your insistence here, they're terribly generic to mediocre movies, the fact that they make money doesn't chance that

I am that user and I agree.

You can't say that people are copying the conjuring since movies about ghosts and shit have been going on for time.

anything under four billion people is a minority

Not much it was shit, first 10 minutes or so are good then it takes a sharp nosedive. Joker was pretty good though, best Joker I've seen in a while.

harley was also pretty good, shame her best bits were in outttakes/interview.

How does that Pyg manage to be creepier than most Pyg masks?

because the pig head is a minifigure headgear and the mouth is nothing but a pure white minifigure head with black lines

which is pretty terrifying if you think about it

>what wen't right?
Snyder was not the director