Does the JLI omnibus have all the jli stuff collected?

It says it has 7-25 and wikipedia says it only ran to that.

Is the omnibus everything JLI besides the "I cant believe its not judtice league" stuff??

If not, what would a omnibus vol2 contain

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9UBuHGtL0Qk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

After issue #25, "Justice League International" was renamed as "Justice League America" and continued on with issue #26. Also, there was a spinoff, "Justice League Europe".

So you would be missing Justice League America #26-60 and Justice League Europe #01-36 to get the full Giffen/DeMatteis experience.

The omni does have JLA #26-30 and JLE #1-6. So vol. 2 would have the rest of Justice League America and Europe.

This looks like a goofy bunch, how was it?

It's one of the best DC runs of all time, dude

Why is that, bro?

Good writing and good artwork.

Sounds kinda subjective to me, comrade.

That's life.

Hilarious writing, focus on characterization over action, excellent art by Kevin Maguire.

I'm really surprised you haven't heard of it, it's very popular and gets recommended all the time. It's what Giffen and DeMatteis are most famous for, and they're already pretty famous among comic writers.

You've never heard of the friendship between Booster Gold and Blue Beetle? This is where that's from.

Well I did read the New 52 Booster Gold stuff but I'm completely ignorant about this.
Omnibus looks to be pretty cheap though, I can squeeze it in for Christmas just for their sake.

Then educate yourself. Mouse busters first.

Just so you know, the omnibus has few printing errors.

Is this like that episode of Breaking Bad where they try to hunt down a fly?

Is he scared of rats?

I love this overused gag: bad guy turns nice after a bang on the head.

The end.

My favourite is still Formerly Known as the Justice League. Max Lord tries to recreate the JLI and everything goes wrong.

Okay that's it I'm buying the omnibus.

the third and fourth panels would make for great reaction images. Either as a pair or individually.

This will do.

fuck when is the next banner submission. This is perfect.

Lemmie give you some background: after Crisis on Infinite Earths, J. M. DeMatteis was paired with Keith Giffen to write a new Justice League book. There was one big issue though.

They couldn't use any of the A-list Justice League characters. Superman was being kept exclusively to John Byrne's reboot, George Perez was busy relaunching Wonder Woman, and Mike Baron was busy launching Wally West's run as The Flash. They only managed to snag Batman because Danny O'Neill, realizing the utter shit sandwich the pair had been handed, took pity on them and allowed them to use him.

So what we had was a Justice League that was comprised almost entirely of B and C-list characters, only two of which were real heavy hitters power-wise. So what'd they do?

Well it's simple really; they made the entire thing a piss-take. Whole thing was basically a goofy situational comedy where shit like the League relocating to France and having to learn French was given priority over actual heroics, with a lot of great character chemistry, funny as shit writing, great art, and a few poignant emotional moments that actually work when they're done.

It's a shame that the team's been pretty much forgotten and their name kinda dragged through the mud pretty recently (though the entire team in-universe is regarded as a joke, the sheer amount of mean-spirited shit guys like Didio did to them was just low), because it was a fantastic run and a good example of writers getting handed lemons and managing to make lemonade.

Not , but I did the fourth panel.

Another JLI story.

So why isn't WB basing their movies on this version of the characters? Seems like it would go down well.

>JLI Volume 7 never ever
hrrrgh

>Didio
Here we go again... le didio bad meme.

>MARS NEEDS CHOCOS

>sploot
If only this was bigger. This series is a goddamn gold mine of reaction images.

>Well it's simple really; they made the entire thing a piss-take. Whole thing was basically a goofy situational comedy where shit like the League relocating to France and having to learn French was given priority over actual heroics, with a lot of great character chemistry, funny as shit writing, great art, and a few poignant emotional moments that actually work when they're done

Except they didn't. Giffen says right here they never planned for the book to be a comedy and it was gonna be more of a focus on the slice of life aspects of being a super hero team, more dialogue and less action. It wasn't until the issue where they moved into the new headquarters did they start to actively add comedic moments into it.

youtube.com/watch?v=9UBuHGtL0Qk

(cont-)
>though the entire team in-universe is regarded as a joke, the sheer amount of mean-spirited shit guys like Didio did to them was just low
Really?
M8, Didio is the guy that kept hiring Giffen and DeMatteis after all these years.

When Giffen 'died', Didio made sure everyone kept their paws of his projects so he can go back to them once he gets better (He got better)

Literally everytime Giffen and DeMatteis has a project it's often Didio being the mastermind behind it. Or do you unironically believe that Didio is being serious in the creator credits when he does some good natured ribbing on why he hired these guys again?

And about JLI being a joke, m8 you said it yourself that it was a pretty comedic book. There was literally an issue where Hawkman refused to acknowledge them as the Justice League DURING THE ACTUAL RUN because of how childish everyone was.

I never thought I'd live to see Batman calling someone a chocos junkie. I have wasted my life not reading this.

No Frost! Baby seals are not for eating!

That's all folks.

Have some JLI reaction faces

(I'm not sure if this is Lord or someone else here)

I saved this page just for Guy.

Was Guy like this since his first appearance or did he somehow evolve? I've only ever read his GLC adventures.

>Watching the video
>The real reason Lobo likes the dolphins so much is because he fucks them, and he's never in the mood to kill them after cuddling

Well, that's Keith Giffen for ya!

You mean appearance-wise? Because he has always been an asshole (unless he has been hit on the head).

No I was asking about his personality.

What is Diana's expression trying to convey?

I've dumped my entire JLI folder. Hope some of you have discovered a good thing today!

I'm afraid her boobs are supposed to be doing the conveying here, not her face.

I have and I thank you for it.
But they look gross and unnatural. Surely Diana doesn't have implants.

>Giffen will never be this good a writer again
After the Rebirth BB series I hope anyone but Jurgens or him is writing Ted and Michael again.
Also they fixed up the omni release which is annoying as shit

It's Bruce Banner from when Satanna fucks the Hulk

>Also they fixed up the omni release which is annoying as shit
What does this mean?

>again

He never lost it. Just because he wasn't interested in recycling his original BB run all over again doesn't make him bad.

Giffen has always needed a good writing partner. Alone he has a tendency to overwrite. I think that DeMatteis has been letting him run riot lately.

I'm not Sciver's biggest fan but if he gets more artists to do this commentary shit I'm game. You rarely get a behinds the scenes look in all of this.

He never had a BB run IIRC, Len Wein wrote the Bronze Age one and while he did help out with Post-IC it was Rogers driving the car.

It was.... interesting I guess? But it was too huge a retcon for me and was basically just a pseudo-sequel to JL3K.

It displeases me that this doesn't deliver as much fate as I hoped.

JL3k was funny
3k1 on the other hand...

Fucked up, sorry

I've read through scans of it and liked it, what tpb or omnibuses should I look for Sup Forums?

The late 80s/early 90s Justice League/JLI was great

These were my favorite, none of that high tension end of the world cosmic crisis bullshit that DC has been stuck in for ages, the batman worship was way smaller, and the characters felt like actual people and worked well together.

wait for the 2nd print of the new omnibus vol. 1, diamond said they are reprinting this month

How many issues is it and whats wrong with the first print?
And what else?

Two pages are in the wrong order, couple cases of missing text in a bubble, and two issues apparently use an inferior version of the scans. Also the bonus book material is placed wrong. Annoying, but not anything that ruins the collection completely. But understandably most people want to wait for a second printing that fixes these errors.

bump

The punch so good it makes Bruce act like a human once in awhile.

>reprinting this month
So it comes out in time for Christmas?

>Ever have your butt grabbed five hundred times in ten seconds?
When will Wally be brought to justice for sexual harassment of coworkers?

It was so good it saved Gardener from obscurity.