Why does humor trigger Sup Forums so much, especially the post 2010 crowd?

Why does humor trigger Sup Forums so much, especially the post 2010 crowd?

I've noticed a lot of hate for comedy films, with more hate for more popular films. Is it seen as lower class?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ChwIFGxJTgc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I dont have humor, but in Thor Ragnarok in particular, it felt like gooding around and quipping was extremely out of character for Thor. The only reason I didnt like it.

>I dont *hate* humor

I can spell. Honest.

There's nothing wrong with humor but when some of the past MCU films had already plenty of comedic elements in them, having much more serious moments would be great or at least less humor at some moments as sometimes there are times where I feel it ruins serious moments a bit like having a joke after this scene in Doctor Strange

youtu.be/ChwIFGxJTgc

It's not about comedy films, it's about the need to turn every comic based movie into an action comedy for mass audiences

It's just a dog whistle for the same company wars bullshit we've had forever.

Comedy is great when it's funny.

there is humor like Han Solo making a couple of funny comments in Star Wars

and there is having 95% of your movie filled with over the top jokes

Humour can be overused and overdone.

That said, many of the complainers on Sup Forums are just contrarian faggots. Ragnarok was actually really good, with a great mix of humour and adventure. The start was a little weak but it hit its stride really well and even had some of the better character moments of the MCU.

It’s not out of character. Thor has been slowly loosening up and being less of a sourpuss over the course of these films. Hanging out with the Avengers turned him into a dudebro.

>lets defend quiping
Oh yes , gimme more mediocrity please.
Looks like TWS was an experiment and it will never be the norm.

Thank fucking god Fox exist.

Thor has been a dudebro since the beginning. He's just a less arrogant dudebro now.

Does nobody remember how he started a war for, essentially, fun, in his first movie? How he strutted around in the throneroom of Asgard like a rock star? How goofy he was on Earth? Thor's character arc has actually been pretty good despite his first two movies being completely mediocre.

>arrogant entitled dudebro
>learns humility
>goes through a serious phase while he's trying to fix his mistakes and wrestle with the future responsibility of kingship
>realizes after taking some time to do his own thing on Earth that he can be a cool dudebro while also being a responsible hero and king
>also realizes that he's not the god of hammers

This. Quips are the cancer that is destroying modern cinema and eroding away at American youths' cognitive abilities. You can blame the popularity of people like Pewdie Pie and SJW culture almost solely on quips.

Adults don't like being reminded that they're watching concepts created and intended for children.

Sup Forums and Sup Forums runoff boards like this one attract the "I listened to a director's commentary once so now I know enough about film to pretend to be one of those pretentious douches who went to film school for a year. The height of cinema is black and white student films about a french guy smoking a cigarette while frying eggs" crowd.

>SJW culture made quips popular

What the fuck?

thht ragnngar

vd

roor xoraarok

>Outubro

It is really just face paint v no face paint.

Bathos sucks shit thats why.

Roor Xoraarok would kick Thht Ragnngar's ass. Roor's got those speed lines on his face so he can move way faster.

I have no idea how much layers of irony this post is on. Is it unironic or is it so ironic to the point that the people who read this and think it's written unironically are the ones that are being laughed at?

>This whole post
Please be bait. Fucking quips were everywhere you fucking nigger, it was used to sound cool, snarky or funny. Also the word you're looking for "buzzwords" is newspeak, and every single fucking political shitstain uses that.

I enjoyed the humour but thought there was a bit too much of it, and there are some scenes that I felt would've worked better without it.

This

Because 4channers are patently unfunny, unoriginal, post-irony dead ends.

You like deadpool?

Deadpool was the best, only MCUck hypocrites back it, hor was far more reddit than Deadpool.

>That said, many of the complainers on Sup Forums are just contrarian faggots.
*upvote

No one hates humor you dingus

They hate the SPECIFIC kind of humor that pervades Marvel movies. The kind of humor where someone makes a telegraphed "funny" comment almost directly at the camera, and then another character goes "wow, I can't believe you SERIOUSLY just said that", also almost directly at the camera.

It's "funny" in the same way that posting a photo of a cat wearing a goofy hat with a caption from the cat's perspective about how they're annoyed their owner is making them wear a goofy hat is "funny".

Personally I love quips, but in moderation.

I felt like GotG 1 was juuuuust barely within reasonable limits, while 2 went way overboard with slapstick.

I swear to God when I'm done with grad school I'll learn how to video edit and make a version of the movie where all the tone-deaf, emotional-moment-undercutting snippets are deleted.

If that movie had not been too scared to embrace the epic space fantasy feel it was going for it could have been the spiritual successor to Star Wars. But no, gotta have every cool/heartfelt moment interrupted by a quip so the audiences don't get confused.

I need to get off this site.

This. But the only reason I watched it was for Cate.

just caught thor, thought the humor was mostly kept in check. it wasn't like homecoming or gotg2 where they just spammed it.

>Thor has been a dudebro since the beginning

he has but the humour has changed. whereas the humour from the first and second movie came from Thor being cool and confused about earthly stuff, current Thor resembles a retard and not a proper warrior who is fit for king

the quality of jokes has changed a lot since Phase 1 and Avengers 1 started that. Current Hollywood humour stems from observational shit that is executed horribly

>situation X happens
>character A tries to describe that X happened but sounds totally sarcastic
>other characters say nothing
>character A continues describing X in a retarded way
>that is considered humour

I hate these "well.... you LITERALLY just said that" jokes. they simply showcase how writers have lost the ability to write funny dialogues, characters etc. just compare the humour from Thor 1 and Thor 3

>Thor 1
>Thor throws jug to the ground and demands "MORE!!!!" because he is used to it in Asgard
>shows the audience genuine behaviour and how he's unable to cope with regular human behaviour
>Thor 3
>"HAHAHAHA!!! I KNOW HIM!!!! FROM WORK!!!!!!"
>Thor is now a screaming dimwit who just shouts about shit he sees

Apparently that specific dumb line was the idea of a Make-a-Wish kid, so I can't really fault them for throwing it in.

I'll handle a few seconds of semi-awkward humor if it makes a sick kid smile, user.

I see you like Grandmas.

>I'll handle a few seconds of semi-awkward humor if it makes a sick kid smile, user.
>implying that sick kids can go to cinema, implying that most of them can watch this kind of movie

More like billionarie jews smiling at easy money from cheap jokes they wrote in 5 minutes

nothing wrong with a bit of shitty humour. the problem is that the MCU is FILLED with them, every single movie. Homecoming was the first MCU movie I haven't watched in the theater just because I didn't want to cringe all the time. I'll take 1 or 2 shitty jokes, hell give me 5 and I'm alright with it. What bothers me is when every second line is either a build up to a quip or a quip itself. There's no proper build up to the story, no seriousness at all.... so why should I bother watching a movie which doesn't take its story and thus the characters' problems seriously?

It's not really the amount of jokes that kills it, it's the timing. Marvel movies now a days use humor to undermine their own dramatic moments. Dr. Strange's emotional resolution after The Ancient One died? Ruined by cloak shenanigans. Thor and his people watching the destruction of their world in a massive bittersweet moment? Ruined because Korg can't shut the fuck up.

It's like the MCU is (rightfully) scared of being seen as too serious, seeing as what happened to the DCEU. So scared that anytime their movie threatens to be taken seriously, they throw in a scene that confirms lolcapeshit isn't real art.

In all previous movies, he was only funny because he was a fish out of water. Shit, like asking for a horse in a pet shop or breaking a mug as a sign of approval. He never actually made quips and one-liners.

The MCU is particularly bad with the "Serious/dramatic moment, followed by off the cuff quip from character(s)" style of humor.

that ruins every movie for me, that's why I only watch them at home. It's not fun watching that abrupt change from serious to funny during the entire movie

notice how the Infinity War leaks show a serious Thanos scene, Drax saying he'll kill Thanos and Starlord breaking the tone by doing the shitty "NONONONONONONO"

the more piss taken out of capeshit, the better

they should make a live action TTG-esque 3 cam sitcom about superheroes, why has that not happened yet?

like how do you not all get that the whole point of all this dumbass humor is to call out people who take capeshit seriously as the turbo-autists they are

love seeing Sup Forums get butthurt that they're still getting bullied in adulthood by having their tastes relentlessly mocked in pop culture like TBBT, TTG and the better MCU films like Thor 3 and Antman

How is that breaking the tone of that scene? It's a serious situation that requires care and Quill is trying to stop Drax from doing something stupid.

I don't have a problem with humor, far from it. But the secret of comedy is timing, and sometimes Marvel tends to overplay the funny card. I just hate that EVERY single scene that builds tension has to be undermined by a joke. Asgard is gone and now Thor's people are an endangered species? Better have the rock man tell a shit joke

I love funny superhero movies. I love that it triggers you people even more.

That's retarded. Its one thing to enjoy things like JLI, but wanting every comic you read to be nothing but that would just be awful and defeats the purpose. The same with cape movies.

oh the comics are another matter, i dont want capeshit comics to become quipfests, i just want them to finally die and make room for literally anything else

>why does Sup Forums hate repetitive humor?
ftfy. And it's for the same reason everyone hates hearing the same joke over and over and over.

It's not even as if the MCU had different types or styles of comedy. It's all the same quippy, ironic, 'wink at the audience'-kind of dreck we see in every movie, made all the worse when they shoehorn it in the middle of every heavy scene because heaven forbid anyone dares take any dramatic plotline seriously.

but it instantly plays out like a comedy scene. same shit with guardians 1

>entire fleet of space police gets killed
>joke about dead people afterwards