Literally how did Luthor manage to lose? Ever?

Literally how did Luthor manage to lose? Ever?

He seems to have infinite money and brainpower, so what went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SQgMqf8tV6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=NeDNfhCwm_c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He's an asshole

>luthor
>canonically smartest man on earth
>nearly limitless resources
>batman
>not as smart as luthor
>same resources
Guess which one of these constantly has arguments about whether or not he can beat Superman.

Luthor is the smartest man on Earth? That's really lame compared to any of Marvel's big geniuses. He has no feats on the same level as Reed or Doom.

>Lex, get in the robot

Luthor doesn't have vision. I think he's a 10th level intellect while Jor-el was like 9?

I kind of think a lot of the other evil genius types are a bit better. Like Sivana, Ivo, etc

I was watching that episode before Thanksgiving and was surprised I never noticed the allusion that robot was.

How does Brainiac compare to Marvel geniuses?

I don't know much about Marvel characters or their feats. I know Doom has his own country and uses both science and magic but that's about it.

He's fighting god

>Get in the robot, Luthor

the one who isn't required to job to superman in his contract?

Marvel geniuses are not on the same scale at all. Doom occasionally has his own country but none of them do the Brainiac thing and destroy world after world. In fact I don't think any of them have ever destroyed a planet before. None of them are even a planetary threat.

is this the episode where the Flash runs around the world multiple times to break off Luthor's armor piece by piece?

Doom has become a god like twice or thrice.

>same resources
but LexCorp is like 2 or 3 times the size of Wayne, Luthor has magnitudes more resources than Bruce

Ultron did some Brainiac shit in space in Annihilation Conquest

>But don't you see? That's the brilliance of my plan. Once we have achieved Third Impact, which should be just in time for Superman to fail in stopping it, we will all be as one. Singular. Whole. THE ENTIRETY of the human race will finally be able to absolutely, positively prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that we don't need saving. We will all complement each others strengths, and in turn, support each other to eliminate all weakness.

>And in the end? Superman? Why he'll be exactly where he has been and was always meant to be. Alone. On the outside looking in. The difference will be that his charade can no longer be carried on...and I, WE, will have won.

He's focused on destroying Superman, and that's not a battle of intellect like Reed/Doom is, so he's held back. His own pettiness gets in the way, and he's mainly focused with doing things to hurt Supes or gain power for himself. Except a powered-up Luthor goes against the spirit of the character so he can't ever succeed on that from a meta perspective.

He's done some pretty nasty shit though. For example he managed to invent a way to create metas and control the power source, essentially giving him an army of superhumans. However, it didn't work on him and he had to remain normal, so he turned it off out of spite, killing hundreds.

He once used his genius to track down a cosmic entity and essentially became god, except one of the stipulations of being god was that Superman was happy, so he gave it up, again out of spite.

>Superman, I'll bring the Human race to its ultimate apex!!! Those fools in SEELE and that stooge Ikari had no idea what they wrought when they approached me. They needed my resources and knowhow to make this little project of theirs a reality. I've taken the liberty to augment the NERV defenses to hold off the SEELE troops. They would hold them off long enough for me to enact my master plan! I'll remake humanity in my image!!

>luthor pilots an eva
What the fuck? I rewatched the series not even that long ago and I don't remember that episode at all. Is that an edit?

Reminder that Black Lex is best Lex.

>Telly Savalas Lex is best Lex

At least your heart's in the right place.

>black
but yes DCAU is best lex

> I get it Lex, this whole Third Impact was a part of your plan to buy up beachfront property!! You'll make a killing when the Thanagarians and Tamarians arrive and buy the land for a huge profit!!

Was gonna post something, but this beats it.

his human half was fighting against brainiac from very early on in stas it was in fact brainiac controlling luthor. didn't you see the JLU episode that explains this?

or are you talking the comics? because he deliberately loses in the comics because fighting superman is how he makes himself get better at being luthor

Please tell me we can have the Silver Age again.

He kept underestimating EVERYONE. He even underestimated the Flash on what he could do or what he can't do.

His big dick got in the middle of his way as usual.

Ego and various other character flaws that keep him from succeeding. He made a machine that told him that Kent was Superman and he flat out said that it wasn't possible because he thought he'd have figured that out already on his own.

We are talking about a man that gave up unlimited god powers just because he can't kill Superman with it. I'd post the All Star page where Superman punches out Lex and tells him he could've saved everyone a long time ago but I like this page more.

The other geniuses have their area of expertise while Lex is an all around genius in everything. He's like Doctor Doom in how he's not the best in one thing but the second best in everything and can use his knowledge in other fields to gain an advantage.

Silver to Bronze age Luthor is pretty close to being clinically insane. He's obsessed with his hatred for Superman and that keeps him from thinking clearly. There was an issue where he realized this and developed a means to transfer that hatred into superman himself, driving him berserk.

Byrne's Luthor is more or less this:
with one caveat, He's a total egomaniac, to the point that he brushed the evidence off not because because he should've thought of it himself but because he couldn't believe someone superior like himself could live as a common man. His own arrogance blinded him completely, as it does time and again. He fails to factor in the simplest human equation.

>Lois-bot
>God Lex

I really loved that fucking arc. It's a large part of the reason that I love Lex so much.

You can almost hear him going "Eeeeeehhhh...."

youtube.com/watch?v=SQgMqf8tV6Q
I also want this

God, JLU went a little too far with the Luthor circle jerk. I don't care who you are, you can't just have a button on your action suit that can manipulate other peoples powers.

Luthor is a12th level intellect, the highest level.

Holy shit, is this an Evangelion reference?

Congratulations, Shinji, you found it.

Writers will. Just the same way Bruce Wayne is clinically incompetent in fixing Gotham, with all his fortune and intellect (the guy could get elected mayor or simple control the city from behind the scenes and fix it to his will) Lex can't win because the writers don't allow.
There is no reasonable and logical in universe explanation.

When did Luthor hacked Ultron?

I always wondered, why did they hide his face in this episode?

No he's not.

sometimes he is

youtube.com/watch?v=NeDNfhCwm_c

he had a pimple

he obsesses on superman, not content with beating him he wants others to know he was beaten