Is Scott Pilgrim a dead franchise?

Is Scott Pilgrim a dead franchise?

Bryan wanted it to die.

It ended, if that's what you mean. He never wanted to do SP forever, he told the story he wanted to and got out.

That card game came out this year though, and he says that he wants the game to come to Steam if they can swing a deal with Anamanaguchi.

He's also tossed around the idea of doing an issue a few years down the line, ten or fifteen years after the story ended to see where the characters are now.

He also does illustrations, usually for Christmas and the occasional pinup for Valentines.

hope so.

Pretentious hipster garbage

I think he says that now, but in a few years when his bank account is looking a bit low, all the sudden he's going to change his mind and do new adventures of Scott and Ramona.

As do many others.

>Scott Pilgrim
Why? What he's doing now?

Snot Girl, his surreal horror suspense comic

Just rewatched the movie last week. Unironically love this kind of pretentious hipster bullshit, brought back a lot of great memories of when I read the series

Was it ever meant to be a "franchise"? It seems like it was always meant to be a pretty good limited series.

>pretentious
What in Scott Pilgrim is pretentious? You sure that's the word you want to use?

It was never a franchise, it might become one in the future after a few years if people remember it fondly enough. Just look at FLCL.

Yeah you're right, I just lump the word pretentious with hipster. Point is it's very hipster but very good

Not everything needs to go on forever.

Shit ends. Leave it at that

Merchandise wise, no. At least, that's what my Ramona Figure is telling me

And you're a normie faggot.

It did this really crazy new idea called "wrapping up a story with an actual conclusion".

Crazy idea I know, but some people feel like a story should wrap up with a satisfactory conclusion and not just endlessly drag on to milk money from fans. The Japanese especially could learn a thing or two in that department.

Literally Who?

Name calling won’t change the truth.

It basically is until Bryan wants more cash in his bank account. It's not dead as in relevance, people still watch the movie. I still watch the movie. And it's a pretty good critique on how weebs and fucking geeks act like in real life.

Scott Pilgrim was a product of it's time, the 00s. Hipsterdom has changed a lot since then.

if by dead you mean completed, then yes. Not everything has to be revived constantly or just keeping till it turns to shit user, good short series are fine too.

I think his exact words were "If I was still doing Scott Pilgrim ten years from now I'd kill myself".

That's usually how creative types work. They either jump from IP to IP and hate all their old work, or keep working on the same thing for 20 years and are never able to let go and move on.

>almost all the cast are probably miserable SJWs in their mid-30s by now

hope we dont revisit, or if we do its set in the late 00s before millennial culture went full JUST

By that time, who's going to give a shit for SP?

This post alone will ensure a shitty Adult Swim spin-off or adaptation. Also more Bryan shit needs to be adapted in the short 7 episode adult swim format.

I nominate Lost At Sea.

his new project, Worst World seems very similar in tone

Fucking love that one. Nobody seems to know it exists though

my fucking nigga. I just re-read that again, and despite being tumblr-ish at parts, I loved it.

I'm a sucker for coming of age stories.

If we go by BLOM's illustrations...

>Scott and Ramona live together happily
>No kids
>They maintained their friendship with Kim
>They don't really talk to the rest of the cast

Is it any good? I looked at it for a hot second yesterday at my LCS.

Not them, but it's fantastic. Especially the art style

By that point it will be "Retro" and all the people who where teens when they read SP will be adults.

It's like how people are still paying through the nose for Harry Potter stuff, even though the franchise has been effectively dead for years now.

>Hipsterdom

What is even is a hipster now? What music do they listen to?

21 pilots, I think

It's more of an aesthetic than a real subculture at this point. A state of mind.

>Hipsterdom
I wanna get dommed by a hipster.

Too bad they are all submissive.

I mean, didn't the series end?
How can a completed series be dead?
Not everything needs to be milked dry.