How come Cartoon Network and Boomerang don't want to air old shows aside from Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry...

How come Cartoon Network and Boomerang don't want to air old shows aside from Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, and Scooby-Doo? Boomerang used to air old shows all the time until a few years ago and Cartoon Network still aired The Flintstones till 2002. Kids need to be exposed to Dexter. Either that or their parents need to introduce the show to them. Is it because Television is dying?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mH50vv8Bbos
youtube.com/watch?v=42OIC9VhEis
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

TV is dying, but I don't see why CN hasn't jumped on the 90s kid bandwagon as hard as Nick has. They're doing so fucking well at milking nostalgia just from reruns alone, I see so much 90s Nick merchandise being bought at stores. Cartoon Network has an entire channel whose sole purpose could be raking in that sweet nostalgia money, but they squander that opportunity.

Because it doesn’t make money, and companies only exist to make money, not pander to nostalgiafags

Nostalgiafags=Money though

Why the fuck do you think every other movie is a "reboot" or "remake" nowadays?

Problem is, kids don't know those shows. Kids might love Dexter's Lab if Cartoon Network shows the show. I mean, they love The Original Teen Titans and that's airing reruns on the network.

Also, shows like Dexter's Lab hold up not because of nostalgia. In fact, Dexter is a LOT better than Steven Universe. That's an awful show

What Boomerang needs to do is show The Flintstones at daytime hours to attract the people who never saw the show before. Like kids. Boomerang is a kids network and they do a lot of reruns and I think Flintstones would work well with kids in todays day and age

They're all about apps now. Boomerang in particular has a subscription service with a number of Hanna-Barbera shows, Looney Tunes shorts, and Tom & Jerry stuff.

Problem is, parents don't know about the service. They need to find about it to introduce those shows to their kids

I just assumed kids today don't like watching
non-HD shows

Teen Titans and Ben 10 are now remastered in HD and Camp Lazlo, Juniper Lee, and Gym Partner do have HD Versions

Kids don't know dick. They wouldn't know the difference that much. I thought Scooby Doo Where Are You was a modern show as a kid.
Cartoon Network doesn't even show SU that much anyway because it isn't rerun friendly. An episodic show like Dexter would fit the slot, but they move so much merchandise with TTG that running Dexter could give less profit. In this day and age on cable, rerunning old shows pretty much has to be aimed to the people nostalgic for them. That's why all 90s Nick shirts, figures, food, and other merchandise are exclusively aimed at 20-30 somethings: they're the ones buying it.

Never go full retard.

Actually if you look at the comment sections of youtube channela that upload old shows there are ALOT of kids that love the old shows and even they are asking why Nick & Cartoon Network dont have or air them anymore.

Most old shows have been remaster on Bluray and besides I doubt any kid would even give a fuck.

Yeah, but parents could show their kids the old shows. I was born in 1997 and yet, I watched Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers and TaleSpin reruns a lot on Toon Disney and I didn't know they came out in the late 80s (Chip n Dale) and early 90s (TaleSpin) respectively

>implying kids even watch TV now
They're streaming. TV is for old people.

I found out recently that iTunes and Amazon Video have an HD 101 Dalmatians: The Series

youtube.com/watch?v=mH50vv8Bbos

And they have Jungle Cubs (though not HD). That's 2 old Disney shows that are legally available

I dunno, a lot of families have Roku devices and Roku was advertising the Boomerang app pretty heavily a few weeks ago.

That's great

The Flintstones for kids!? Perhaps the later shows with teenage pebbles. The original was for adults espiaclly they targeted for married couples, no kids will understand the jokes.

Tooncast doesn't exist in the US? They air a bunch of the classic Cartoon Cartoons, Looney Tunes and other WB shorts, along with CN Groovies and other old promo stuff.

Because it hit 10 years old and no Cable channel has ever been good for more than 10 years after its inception.

Yeah, it doesn't sadly

youtube.com/watch?v=42OIC9VhEis

Because Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, and Scooby Doo are astonishingly cheap to rerun. Old and new.

CN tried that with the Powerpuff reboot, and squandered that massively hard.

Whats weird is that Boomerang USED to show all their old cartoons a few years back. Dexter's Lab, Fosters's Johnny Bravo, Cow and Chicken, EEnE, PPG etc.