Was it really necessary to CG the entire FIRST FUCKING FIVE MINUTES OF THE MOVIE?

Was it really necessary to CG the entire FIRST FUCKING FIVE MINUTES OF THE MOVIE?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VRtvoYMYvGQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes

I really hate blatant unnecessary CG. I like this film but the all CG parts annoyed me because I realized I was basically watching a poorly animated movie.

Take Civil War for example: Why CG the airport? I get securing a real airport would be a logistical nightmare but they couldn’t have built a set? These movies are going to look like dogshit in 10 years because of all the useless poorly rendered CG.

It would be ok if homecoming cgi was not a piece o shit

I feel like CG has gotten worse again. It was getting better for a while, but know it seems to have actually gone back downhill.

For example, Yoda in Revenge of The Sith (NOT Yoda from Attack of The Clones), breaks my immersion less than MAz Kanata from The Force Awakens.
Although that could be because Revenge of The Sith is basically an animated film and The Force Awakens isn't, so CG stands out more...

See, none of this makes any sense and I'm damn sure this was a SONY idea that was pushed.

yes marvel can do no wrong! good goyim.

Just ignore the completly CGI'd airport that this silly user pointed out, the mouse does no wrong!

>He didn't read the SONY emails regarding their hard push for Snapchat Peter for ASM3

Fucking stupid vlogger hipster man

Not the CG shit, it's the hip vlogging Peter making reaction videos to share on his snapinstachatgram

Homecoming CG was ba-

happy deserves to suffer

He really does. Most of this was his goddamn fault

They didn't need to secure an entire airport, just a tarmac and some buildings. There are plenty of smaller regional airports or non-commercial airfields that could have been used for a physical set with inserted backgrounds and scenes.

It was bad and I don’t seee how your webm says otherwise, shill.

Holy shit that's fucking awful

Is this a joke? Calling someone "shill" isn't an argument, it's a Sup Forums buzzword.

That CG is pretty fucking great in that webm.

Not even just the CG, but is it me or do the acrobatics look really bad, you can't see the strings, but you can sorta feel they're there because the physics look off. Has it always been that obvious and I'm just nitpicking?

>that little cute perfect butt
God i love Holland.

they look like shit now

When will the capeshit phase die out?

>looks real
>Hurr it's awful
Kek

I think it's sad how bad physics still are in CG AND in wirework
here's what i suggest: put fucking motion capture dots on a corpse or other human stand-in. next time someone needs to get hit and go sailing through the air, hit the dummy with a real actual force and record what it does.

Yeah, what's the point in putting in an entire CG airport when you can hire a small airfield for its tarmac then CG in an entire airport?

kek, never

wait, that was cg?

Do you guys unironically get bothered by staff like this?

Have you ever considered the fact that you may be autistic?

>Revenge of The Sith is basically an animated film and The Force Awakens isn't
Oh boy.

CGI has always bothered me, the fact that it has killed off practical effects upsets me more. A scene as nice looking as the white house blowing up in Independence Day will never be made again.
If your going to use CGI go all the way like with Sky Captain or Avatar, otherwise it's just fake looking and completely breaks immersion.

>they couldn’t have built a set?
You do now the art of exterior set building is nearly dead, right?
All the men who built sets from scratch are either dead or old now.
Most studios have their own lots with big physical exteriors they rarely use them for big budget action flicks.
Also as much as I hate CG and green/blue screens being overused it's just cheaper.
Building a physical exterior would cost close to what an actual building is worth if you don't want it to look janky.

No, people care because people pay for good entertainment. When you have people like Disney paying for this, people expect top tier effects, not shit effects that are worse than effects from over two decades ago. They're being lazy and don't care about quality, because people will pay for shit no matter what.

Whedon liked it so much he did the same thing in JL..

No autist, people don't care. You care, and not because of the CGI, but because you are desperate for something to bitch about.

>people pay for good entertainment.
Naive as fuck

That's not what projecting is.

Anyone saying that this was the best MCU or spiderman movie this year is retarded, is not even close to Gotg2, Thor3 and amazing spiderman 1

>checks box office
this

>Gotg2, Thor3 and amazing spiderman 1
>Three movies worse than SMHC
Only three of these movies have a plot. Only 1 of these movies has a good plot.

>anyone who doesn't share my opinion is retarded
ok

and before you say anything I preferred GOTG and Thor

It's easy to tell shitty CG from screenshots, but when you're watching something on a huge theater it's harder to notice.

Spidey totally jerked one off while Karen was coaching him.

>I don't know what projecting means

Wait thats CG? Holy shit you've got to be taking the piss if you think this is bad

nice try mcuck
youtube.com/watch?v=VRtvoYMYvGQ

That's right, you don't.

>tfw TASM is your favorite spidery film because it used tons of practical effects and has an entire scene of webslinging with practical effects
>no other spiderman film does this
fuck

Its obvious the only part of that video that's CGI is the hood/head. Get your fucking eyes fixed, all of you.

How long can you keep pretending to be retarded?

Wow. Game graphics are getting so close to looking like real life.

?
Are you sure you're not making the same point as me? That shit is fucking real, it's all in the movement, lighting and shadows. We're not there yet.

It's funny that people decided to make this pic right after the clear downgrade of the game shown at the Paris event. Come on now, call it a good CG trailer but certainly not PS4 game footage

>that shit is fucking real, it's all in the movement,
He's moving really slowly in this scene, clearly not fast enough to fuck the image, even when he was completelly still at the fbi arrival he looked like shit.

Yes, it looked like shit, the whole movie, i agree with you.
But the test posted is clearly Tom or a stunt. A completely CGI creation can't move like that, yet.

>N-no you!

You're right, they should've filmed that with real superheroes