Sonic Comics

>Some fuels will always try to make Escargot with Margarine.

Can those of us who've actually watched SatAM in the last few years agree that the show wasn't great? I like Antoine and Bunnie a lot, but the versions from the cartoon are terrible.

>Can those of us who've actually watched SatAM in the last few years agree that the show wasn't great?

Compared to some of the better cartoons from the mid-90's? Agreed. Compared to just about every other Sonic-related thing? Nah.

Why would you bring this thread back? Do you like shitposting?

>Compared to just about every other Sonic-related thing
It's worse on average than Adventures was, which is surprising given how AoSTH had 3x as many episodes and was gag focused. Boom has it beat on that front as well, because everyone loves Seinfeld without a laugh track. The OVA isn't a fair comparison since it's just a pilot, but despite its shortcomings it has way higher highs. And the Archie comics have two different periods of being way superior to SatAM despite a good 7 or so years of mostly garbage output. StC also fared better than SatAM.

You're right on Underground and X, though. A lot of the games too, but those have the benefit of being pretty good games half the time.

You're finally starting to learn that Sonic is and always has been terrible? Oh sweet Jesus, mah little baby is finally growin' up!

Sonic threads are great, though. Especially ones with satam characters in the OP. It's like putting a dozen fire ants into a tank full of black ants. It's fun to watch them tear one another apart.

These last few threads have just been artificial drama with the same user throwing out random insults at various artists and insisting unpopular things in order to get (You)s. It's transparent, but he still gets them.

It's probably the fucking OP samefagging in every one of these threads, too.

Don't act like you don't like it, boo boo.

DESU, whether the show holds up today or not doesn't really matter. It only matters how I felt about it watching it as a 13-year old in 1993.

Antoine is good to pair with any character, there is not a single not good Twan ship

Antoine is just great in general. The episode that focused on him being jealous of Sonic was one of the best ones.

Sonic and Antoine?
Scourge and Antoine?
Infinite and Antoine?

Husbando-core

Sonic is a bicycle

>Antoine + Shadow = Infinite

Yep. That's the same way I feel about G1 Transformers, my favorite cartoon of all time. Would I recommend it to somebody half my age? Nope. But I'll watch it anytime I'm feeling depressed to bring back those fuzzy feelings again.

>They added boot scuffs on the render
Kickass, I like that detail

Who else subscribe to the theory that Eggman's real name is Chris Thorndyke?

>"Nasty as a one-eyed snake, sugah!"

What did she mean by this?

Tails was so cute in the original show. He looked and acted like a small child.

his name is fucking Ivo Robotnik

I love the dynamic between him, Sonic, and Sally
but really Sonic should have treated them both like shit

I thought it was bad when I was 10, so I don't know what to tell you.

Nah, it's Eggman.

True, but chances are you were already exposed to Sonic beforehand and already had an idea in your head of what you thought 'Sonic' was supposed to be like. If user was watching the show in 1993, that was likely his first exposure to his characters outside of the games.

You know, it's funny you say that. I was actually really excited to watch the Sonic cartoon long before it actually aired on ABC even though I did not own a Sega Genesis. In those days, they would print out the upcoming Saturday morning schedules in Wizard Magazine and give brief synopsis about each one.

I used to make myself a schedule and plan my Saturday mornings out. Like, I would watch Fox Kids during X-Men, Eek The Cat, and Taz-Mania, then switch it to ABC just for Sonic. And CBS had Ninja Turtles, Raw Toonage, and Garfield and Friends.

The only reason I got hyped for Sonic was because I was interested in the concept and the art looked cute and cartoonish. That, and I thought the main character looked cool. I was totally addicted to Sonic in 1993 and even got a Genesis for Christmas with Sonic 2. My parents were going through a divorce at the time so cartoons were very important to me during that time in my life.

There was this one pic(can't find it atm) of antoine and bunnie with swapped outfits, and the bunnie was 10/10. The Uniform and the heels were too good.

What are you, 36? That's up there as far as Sonic fans go.

Close. 37. Actually, I wouldn't call myself a Sonic fan. I really stopped paying close attention to that stuff a long, long time ago.

It's nice to see that it's still popular, though. But it would be nice if there wasn't so much in-fighting between the different generations of fans. Ya'll could take a lesson from Batman fans, who learned to appreciate all the different interpretations of the character. It was cool to see Adam West Batman make a comeback in popularity before he passed.

Actually no, I saw the Robo-Sally episode devoid of any context besides playing up to Marble Zone in Sonic 1 at an older kid's place. My baby brain got upset at how Sonic somehow fooled a robot into thinking he was Robotnik by...talking into a glass somehow. I gave it another chance later on, watched Lezzar and his guardian, and was unimpressed with the slow pacing.

YEARS later I just watched a bunch of tapes because I felt like I must be wrong because other kids and people online, back when dual up was still in vogue, always said it was fantastic.

Nope. No bias here, no preconceived notions, as a kid I thought SatAM was bad, as a teen I thought it was bad, and as an adult I found a small handful of decent episodes but...nah. It's a bad show. I could go into it more but you're arguing a "But if you were THERE man!" angle when I disliked it even more back then.

That's cool. As long as you act civilized towards the people that do like it, it's all good.

If it was a matter of the generations you wouldn't have people who simultaneously praise the Genesis games and shit on SatAM, or like the comics and AoStH.

This. I have no love for the modern Sonic at all, but I don't think less of the kids that are totally into it. In fact, I have a little 9-year old nephew that's currently playing the newest one and he's totally into it.

>Compared to just about every other Sonic-related thing? Nah.
Me. You. Palmtree Panic. Bad Future. Be there, faggot.

>Not Tidal Tempest
Fite me

Let's just get real.

AoStH >>>> SatAM

Even Sega knows this.

Take it away from him and buy him another game. Steer him down a different path. The life of a Sonic fan is one filled with depression and sadness. Trust somebody who knows.

It's usually the SatAMfags calling everything else in the franchise absolute shit that causes shitstoms.

Then don't feed the trolls. Easy.

Don't be that guy.
Most Sonic fans are bitch retards, we all know this.

both are shit
that includes the shitty OVA
Boom is the only good Sonic cartoon

Lol. He'll be fine. He's got good parents, I doubt he'll be obsessing over it when he's 16.

>Calling the OVA shit.
>Putting Boom over it.
Holy fuck, you're lucky you're saying this on an anonymous image board and not real life.

Tsk tsk. You should have asked for a Super Nintendo for Christmas all those years ago. For us Nintendo fans, every day's a party, baby.

Yeah you say that at first then he'll be jerking it to Snively like a fucking degenerate

I must be the only Sonic fan on the internet who doesn't have problems with depression.

Find another depressed Sonic fan and marry them.

Nobody calls him THAT anymore.

Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik.

>Nobody calls him THAT anymore.
This, if even the pre-Adventure Eggman doesn't consider his name to be Robotnik, it really isn't anymore.

My Name is ROBOTNIK, you puny, pestering, putrid little peasants! Call me "Eggman" once more and I'll transform your parents into a toaster oven! Hwa Ha ha ha ha ha haaa!!

My parents are dead

That's a general Internet thing.

Ah, tell me, did they um....suffer long?

Still better than JEWlian

My dad died when I was a kid when he got brain damage after a bar fight and my mom passed away 3 years ago from Leukemia. So, at least one of them did, yes. And I'm being serious.

AHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA

*breathe* AHHHHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Gooooooooooood.

go away arin.

>implying anyone but autists & manchildren care about the SATAM/archie characters

>implying anyone but autists & manchildren care about Sonic at all

WHO LET THAT REJECT FROM A MIYAZAKI PRODUCTION IN HERE!?

i used to think that sonic fans were cringelords but then i saw steven universe fans driving someone to suicide or shippers trying to hold a show for ransom to make their OTP cannon.

I thought Steven Universe fans were all SJWs and phoney feely faggots.

Steven Universe fans are those sad assholes you see at comic book conventions holding up signs that say "free hugs".

Agreed. I think it was slightly improved by season 2, which might have something to do with all the episodes being credited to the same three writers with less one-offs done for-hire. You had episodes that actually changed the characters' status quo, if only for 1 episode, Snively's development was nice and I liked them experimenting with the 11-minute shorts format, although it's ironic they did that and the very Looney Tunes-y AoStH didn't.

But yeah, I agree, the SatAM Freedom Fighters were mostly nothing characters. Like, when the fuck did Rotor ever do anything?

The only good Rotor was butt-face Rotor.

>The OVA isn't a fair comparison since it's just a pilot, but despite its shortcomings it has way higher highs
The OVA was literally just Sonic 06: The Dry Run. I don't see why it's so praised when its "highest highs" are "MY HAT IS ON FIRE"

I prefer the stand-alone episode format, actually. But then I was always more of a Batman the Animated Series guy than an X-Men guy.

At least, that was the original plan

Have either of you considered hitting a gym?

omg eggman broke that poor child's neck

What exactly are you doing with that little boy?

It was? Where did you get that from?

Fat is beautiful.

Look were you could be!

DISGUSTING

I'm gonna miss him if/when boom gets cancelled.

Seriously. It was weird at first, but now I can't even look at normal Knuckles anymore.

I liked him in Season 1. He wasn't a good fighter, but he was a charming character. He was just shy and a bit slow and awkward. Season 2 Rotor has no personality whatsoever.

OTP

You're not wrong

Not him, but:
>Hair and mustache are the same color.
>Same skin tone.
>Similar clothing colors (Red, white, gold, and black).
>Chris grows up to be a scientist.
>Same eye-color (Eggman had blue eyes in 06).

It's more of an assumption seeing how similar their designs are.

Is Boom the most fit Eggman?

It would seem that way, honestly he's the best designed one too.

>tfw SU fan and is neither one of those things

He may be the most fit Eggman, but not the most fit Robotnik!

it could be worse you could be a rick & morty fan

Oh, you mean having a high IQ?

No.

>tfw you're old as shit and you only watch cartoons older than 1997

>capable of engineering hyper-complex machinery, including sentient robots and devices that convert living beings into mechanical equivalents with wildly disparate designs through an entirely automated process
>can't stitch a fucking strongman suit properly

Robuttnik pls